Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Paddy Power Suspends Betting on Next Manager?

Just noticed that Paddy Power have suspended betting on the next manager - is this the beginning of something happening or is it just standard practice for bookies?

Maybe they have realised that they don''t actually have a clue who it could be, and they stand to lose money?

highstreet bookies do it all the time if a lot of money is going on, betfair is the the one to keep an eye on.

Malky is 1 to 2 on.. As in you put £2 on and get £3 back not 2 to 1 on which would be £1 on and £3 back :)

Means he''s more likely to be coming here.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Yep, everyone has suspended betting except Sky Bet where Malky is 2 to 1 on.

[/quote]Of the 21 names on the Skybet list, 10 are former NCFC players. I still think it could be someone totally unexpected, maybe from the lower leagues.

You really couldn''t make it up could you, we''ve played shocking football all season due to the tactics of an ex dedender style manager ONLY to pick another donkey who''s tactics will be no different to hughton.

Same old Norwich lets not move forward in terms of football next season we will try and play the same boring football again and hopefully pinch the odd goal.

If Malky is manager Remind me to take a pillow to every game so I can drop off to sleep when I get bored of his boring play.

[quote user="Bagpuss"]And there was me thinking Malky won the Championship with Cardiff scoring lots of goals in the process.

[/quote]

He is not wanted here, As its been said before we are not broke we should be the strongest club next season, to bring Malky in will be like pouring cold water on the fans again, We need a manager of experience of winning, 1 promotion is not experience, Look at the history books we know what happens when a former player at the club takes over, To think when Hughton took over he was the envy of a lot of people, he took over a vibrant club that was on the up. All he achieved was to Equal Roeder''s record in destroying this Our great club, I''m sorry but it will get worst if Malky comes

Oh jesus, some people wouldn''t be pleased if even Mourinho joined "too negative blah blah blah." My problem with hughton wasn''t playing a defensive game, it was his complete faliure to consider the attack. Malky is a well balanced manager who has had a lot of success in a very short space of time. We might even get a cup run out of him!

His last three seasons: Sacked when 12th with Cardiff, Won the league, Playoff final and Carling cup final loss on penalties. Sounds terrible, doesn''t he!

If you look at his striker signings for Cardiff and look beyond Cornelius who was prematurely sold for £1m after an injury, he signed Odemwingie on a free who subsequently went and helped Stoke to 9th and he signed Fraizer Campbell for about half a million who fired them to the championship and then was pretty useful in the premiership (9 goals last season).

I sincerely hope the latest bookies movements are to bring Malky in. Sounds like we might have Moody in as the "bit of help" too if McNally is anything to go by.

[quote user="Bagpuss"]And there was me thinking Malky won the Championship with Cardiff scoring lots of goals in the process.[/quote]

And that''s exactly what Hughton did.

Further, Malky''s teams played a similar style of play to Hughton''s once in the Premiership.

So if we get Malky perhaps we can expect an exciting Championship, promotion and then a season of....well I don''t even want to go there.

But the thing about Hughton getting Newcastle promoted to the Prem is that its not all that it seems.

He is/was simply a poor manager. I remember someone mentioning months ago that it was strange he remained so long at Tottenham as a coach. For me, it sums up the man - indecisive and deep down not confident in his ability as a manager.

Whilst I am not keen on Malky as our new man he is by far and away a better manager than CH

To be honest, i''m only thinking of next season with this one. We need to be looking at the single objective of promotion next season, not will snodgrass be tinky winkying the ball over to Hooper or will he be laalaaing it? I couldn''t care less how it''s done as long as we''re promoted. Let''s get back to the premiership first before we start moaning about how we''ll play when we get back there.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]To be honest, i''m only thinking of next season with this one. We need to be looking at the single objective of promotion next season, not will snodgrass be tinky winkying the ball over to Hooper or will he be laalaaing it? I couldn''t care less how it''s done as long as we''re promoted. Let''s get back to the premiership first before we start moaning about how we''ll play when we get back there.[/quote]Don''t you think that''s quite a depressing and damning indictment of modern day football? ''Get there at all costs''.The likes of Swansea and Southampton who have sustained themselves in the top flight and are continuing to progress have developed a culture and identity over a number of years. I think trying to get up by hook or by crook is a short-termist approach and wouldn''t set you up to survive in the top flight - just look at Mackay and Cardiff this season.Even when we went up in 2000 we''d spent five seasons nurturing and moulding a squad of players into a unit. I know that was a long time ago now but it just goes to show how much the game has changed in just over a decade and that there''s seemingly no time anymore to build long term success. It''s all about living in the here and now no matter how much chief execs and board of directors talk of the future.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]To be honest, i''m only thinking of next season with this one. We need to be looking at the single objective of promotion next season, not will snodgrass be tinky winkying the ball over to Hooper or will he be laalaaing it? I couldn''t care less how it''s done as long as we''re promoted. Let''s get back to the premiership first before we start moaning about how we''ll play when we get back there.[/quote]Don''t you think that''s quite a depressing and damning indictment of modern day football? ''Get there at all costs''.The likes of Swansea and Southampton who have sustained themselves in the top flight and are continuing to progress have developed a culture and identity over a number of years. I think trying to get up by hook or by crook is a short-termist approach and wouldn''t set you up to survive in the top flight - just look at Mackay and Cardiff this season.Even when we went up in 2000 we''d spent five seasons nurturing and moulding a squad of players into a unit. I know that was a long time ago now but it just goes to show how much the game has changed in just over a decade and that there''s seemingly no time anymore to build long term success. It''s all about living in the here and now no matter how much chief execs and board of directors talk of the future.[/quote]Or as opposed to "get there at all costs" how about "Languish in the division for 13 seasons (is it now?) "Lol.

Errr .... i actually agree with the binner.I feel dirty now, time for a shower.

And you guys will soon be running out of fingers, to count how many seasons you have been in the Championship.[:)]

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]To be honest, i''m only thinking of next season with this one. We need to be looking at the single objective of promotion next season, not will snodgrass be tinky winkying the ball over to Hooper or will he be laalaaing it? I couldn''t care less how it''s done as long as we''re promoted. Let''s get back to the premiership first before we start moaning about how we''ll play when we get back there.[/quote]Don''t you think that''s quite a depressing and damning indictment of modern day football? ''Get there at all costs''.The likes of Swansea and Southampton who have sustained themselves in the top flight and are continuing to progress have developed a culture and identity over a number of years. I think trying to get up by hook or by crook is a short-termist approach and wouldn''t set you up to survive in the top flight - just look at Mackay and Cardiff this season.Even when we went up in 2000 we''d spent five seasons nurturing and moulding a squad of players into a unit. I know that was a long time ago now but it just goes to show how much the game has changed in just over a decade and that there''s seemingly no time anymore to build long term success. It''s all about living in the here and now no matter how much chief execs and board of directors talk of the future.[/quote]This post sums up my feelings almost exactly.PS: Binner.[;)]

[quote user="morty"]And you guys will soon be running out of fingers, to count how many seasons you have been in the Championship.[:)][/quote]You really are very pathetic, Morty. I come on here to have a mature debate on football as a whole and all you can muster is tired, boring rhetoric.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"]And you guys will soon be running out of fingers, to count how many seasons you have been in the Championship.[:)][/quote]You really are very pathetic, Morty. I come on here to have a mature debate on football as a whole and all you can muster is tired, boring rhetoric.[/quote]Where were you the last 3 years then?You are here to gloat, you aren''t fooling anyone.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="morty"]And you guys will soon be running out of fingers, to count how many seasons you have been in the Championship.

[:)]
[/quote]

You really are very pathetic, Morty. I come on here to have a mature debate on football as a whole and all you can muster is tired, boring rhetoric.
[/quote]

Where were you the last 3 years then?

You are here to gloat, you aren''t fooling anyone.
[/quote]

Your claim to be here for a mature debate would have far more credibility if we had seen any posters on here from Ipswich in the last 5 years.

It is a well known fact that when two or more ITFC fans gather together , in seconds they will be taking about

1. Winning a trophy 40 years ago.

2. Norwich. 

So I would suggest you go and have a mature debate on Those Were The Days (the clue is in the name)