Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

How many of this forum's original members still post on here?

Just wondering which current posters were around for the "big bang" so to speak. Without checking join dates I would imagine Wiz (and his subsequent reincarnations), Morty, Zippers Left Foot, Nutty Nigel, Til 1010, Lappinitup and Jimmy Smith have all been around for a good while.

Haven''t seen the likes of City Angel, Cluck, Smudger or Bly on here for a long time (admittedly my interest in this board fluctuates so they could well still post, perhaps using a different moniker).

How early is early?I don''t see too many posters with join-dates before mine!

[quote user="Jules"]Can''t even remember when it first started.[/quote]It started a few weeks before I joined, I think.

Smudger was banned countless times, Old Bly hasn''t been seen in a while, I think a few people have tried to contact him, without luck.

Been on here a while myself. August 2003 is my join date but I''m sure there was a very basic pinkun message board before this time which I used to post on.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Been on here a while myself. August 2003 is my join date but I''m sure there was a very basic pinkun message board before this time which I used to post on.[/quote]Blimey, didn''t realise you had been here so long!Ah, the good old days, where you waited a day before a mod approved your post!

I joined in 2003..........I''m an old fart.

Alex is right - this current version is a newbie, I was on the old one for a few months before this started with I was very much the novice. Not sure how long that had been running before the mid life crisis change happened.

The likes of gazzathegreat and the still posting voice of reason that is tumbleweed and are a couple of others.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]Look again my pedigree chum.

I often read but rarely post now.[/quote]I did say I don''t see too many, not I don''t see any !

I remember a message board that always changed Hamilton (as in Bryan) to Hamitlon, was that an early incarnation of this one or was it a different one?

I remember a few versions over the years, but like many I read every day and post not very often as you can see.

A link to a snapshot of the original board, for old times sake:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011201093810/http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/fanzone/index.asp

I''ve served more than 10 years! April 2004. Tbh I''m not a regular poster and generally scan the threads. But this is my favourite Internet forum.

I have to say there''s way more petty point scoring and threads going off topic than there used to be. I do wish certain posters would keep these things in PMs as it has caused the forum to go down hill.

But as Morty mentioned I remember the days when the mods had to approve posts. What all ball ache of a job that must have been!

I joined when the pinkun forum was green and Bryan Hamilton was manager, way back in about 2000. I had to rejoin in 2004, presumably as I had lost my log in details.

A scary thought...................3 promotions and 3 relegation''s since my first log on.Interesting times indeed.[:D]

Not many prior to me Patches. I used to post a fair bit on the old message board before the ''big bang'' so to speak. I remember XXXXL used to be on there all the time but I''ve not heard much from him recently.

Every thread seems to descend into arguing or abuse.... I read the message board almost every day, I just don''t often respond to posts.

Nice to see a few of the ''class of 2003'' still writing in here.

Been on here since April 2004. This season has been almost a carbon copy of the 2004/5 season. Same problems, same arguments, same outcome.Depressing that in the space of just 10 years we forgot all the lessons we learned then.

Anyone else posting on this thread in order to see your little avatar thingy so you can see how long you''ve been here?

Just me?

I''m gonna guess 2006-ish.