Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Who wants Kei Kamara back?

1 good game and 1 goal.

If so then why not steve morison who has 10 norwich premier league goals to his name.

I actually think we should have had him here this season. I liked what I saw of him. He surely couldn''t have done any worse than you know who...

A far less skilled footballer than RVW or Elmander, but he''d have been much more effective in contributing for us than either of them - in the Grant Holt style, the sort of player who just makes things happen.  Sadly its all too late now.

Seems to have done alright at Boro although out for a long time with injury.

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Kei Kamara is the modern day Dani Pacheco.[/quote]

Yes indeed; height, weight, playing position, looks, race, religion, values, beliefs - I mean the list of similarities goes on and on doesn''t it?

You are kidding I take it?

Having said that KK and Dani Pacheco are completely different footballers...

What they shared is that in their brief times at City, they both played with commitment and passion.

You''d have thought that last season would have taught the lesson that these qualities are more important for a club like ours than football talent.  A more skilled footballer who goes missing when it gets tough is just not worth having.

Opening up your brain would make you realise that poster was referring to people clinging to an awful player who has moved on as the next big thing if they ever came back.[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Hughtons Anti Football"]Kei Kamara is the modern day Dani Pacheco.[/quote]

Yes indeed; height, weight, playing position, looks, race, religion, values, beliefs - I mean the list of similarities goes on and on doesn''t it?

You are kidding I take it?

[/quote]

[quote user="nochain09"]?[/quote]

Hopefully the two main strikers next season will be Becchio and Hooper, as obviously both proven at Champ level. Loza as back up with Kei would be pretty good if you ask me. I think the changing room is missing a big character like Kei since Holty left. Also sometimes a player seems to fit in well like Kei and Pacheco. I''d love it if we rescued him from the second tier in Spain (his clubs ground has a capacity of 6k!).

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Hopefully the two main strikers next season will be Becchio and Hooper, as obviously both proven at Champ level. Loza as back up with Kei would be pretty good if you ask me.

[/quote]

I''m not sure that''s strong enough.

I think we''ll need at least one more forward to come in and I think it''ll need to be someone better than Kamara.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Jonzey"]

Hopefully the two main strikers next season will be Becchio and Hooper, as obviously both proven at Champ level. Loza as back up with Kei would be pretty good if you ask me.

[/quote]

I think we''ll need at least one more forward to come in and I think it''ll need to be someone better than Kamara.

[/quote]

I can''t think of many better high scoring Champ forwards than Becchio and Hooper in recent years, and they''re both on our books. It''s perfect.

Who do you realistically think we can get in to improve on them? Or who would you like?

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Jonzey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t think of many better high scoring Champ forwards than Becchio and Hooper in recent years, and they''re both on our books. It''s perfect.

Who do you realistically think we can get in to improve on them? Or who would you like?

[/quote]

I think the problem, or potential problem, with Becchio is that he hasn''t played games or scored goals for a year and a half. Maybe he''ll come back with a point to prove but maybe he won''t be the player he was before.

I do think Hooper would score goals but I just think we''d need someone else. I also think it might just be a bit too easy and simple thinking that just because we''ve dropped a league Becchio and Hooper will be an unstoppable partnership for us.

For me it''d be Troy Deeney. Got quite a lot to his game as a striker at that level, scored a lot of goals this/last season and scores different types of goal. I would say he is a better all round player/forward than either of Becchio or Hooper.

We will use 442 much more in the champs so we will need 4 main choice strikers,   and Loza does not yet fit that bill.    He will be an option,  starting a few games but mainly being on the bench.   We need to buy / loan another,  two assuming rvw leaves;   Deeney, Kenwyne Jones, Carlton Cole, Shola all possible options. 

So I am with GJP,  Hooper, Bechhio -  if they are still here - with loza and KK would not be enough.    

[quote user="GJP"]

I think the problem, or potential problem, with Becchio is that he hasn''t played games or scored goals for a year and a half. Maybe he''ll come back with a point to prove but maybe he won''t be the player he was before.

I do think Hooper would score goals but I just think we''d need someone else. I also think it might just be a bit too easy and simple thinking that just because we''ve dropped a league Becchio and Hooper will be an unstoppable partnership for us.

For me it''d be Troy Deeney. Got quite a lot to his game as a striker at that level, scored a lot of goals this/last season and scores different types of goal. I would say he is a better all round player/forward than either of Becchio or Hooper.

[/quote]

Troy Deeney to be fair would be a fantastic signing, although I''m not sure Watford would want their players player of the season to leave on the cheap. But you''re right, he would perhaps be an upgrade.

Maybe I just really want to see Becchio succeed here and at the very least see him given a proper opportunity.

From the BBC website

"Latest gossip

Posted at

Liverpool are willing to meet a £20.4m release clause fee for Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo to bring the 25-year-old to Anfield this summer, according to Spanish newspaper Superdeporte."

I had to read that a couple of times...

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Troy Deeney to be fair would be a fantastic signing, although I''m not sure Watford would want their players player of the season to leave on the cheap. But you''re right, he would perhaps be an upgrade.

Maybe I just really want to see Becchio succeed here and at the very least see him given a proper opportunity.

[/quote]

No, I''m sure Deeney wouldn''t come cheap. I heard you''re looking at £6m for him but I have no idea if that''s right. I''d guess it''d probably be in that area.

£6m? Deal.

If we don''t get promoted, he''ll still hold his value anyway. Hooper (and RVW if he stays) need someone to do the dirty work up there with them. Our main problems came trying to play one up front using them two.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]£6m? Deal. If we don''t get promoted, he''ll still hold his value anyway. Hooper (and RVW if he stays) need someone to do the dirty work up there with them. Our main problems came trying to play one up front using them two.[/quote]

If we went 4-4-2 in the Champ I actually think Elmander would be sensational as the bigger of two forwards doing the dirty work. I''d like to see us get him in permanently rather than keep RvW. Rotate him with Becchio, Hooper playing every week. We''d be a force. Never going to happen mind.

Maybe a return to the diamond? Hoolahan and Hooper running riot?

I''m not convinced we actually need to break the bank, we have the pieces of the jigsaw already.

[quote user="Jonzey"]If we went 4-4-2 in the Champ I actually think Elmander would be sensational as the bigger of two forwards doing the dirty work. I''d like to see us get him in permanently rather than keep RvW.[/quote]Jesus wept...If this really is the mentality of some of our fans, it''s no wonder it''s taking so long to find a manager that fits...Elmander is past it, and not even half the player that RvW is, the difference is that RvW has spent the whole season being misused and given f**k all supply, whereas although Elmander can play the target man role to some extent other than that he''s f**king terrible!Send him back to Turkey asap ffs!