Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

Fans must take some of the blame!

lts not been a vintage season, but the fans must take some of the blame.

We have travelled the country in big numbers but the backing/singing has been embarrassing to say the least home and away. With the amount of fans we have we should raise the roof at matches. When the opposing fans sing ''you only have one song'' thats wrong we actually have two, On The Ball City and Y''army!

We start off the game with OTBC which is great, then the oposing fans sing can you hear the the norwich sing? OTBC, a spell of pressure= OTBC, a shot= OTBC, a throw in= OTBC then it will carry on for at least 10 times a game with the occasional pathetic Y''army! No wonder fans take the p.ss out of us! (Dont start me on the window licking curly wig brigade,Ha!) You cant expect the players to be geed up with a song that many dont even know the ending of! The atmosphere is a lot worse since the '' Shirties'' infiltrated the snake pit. The old snake pit was rowdy, fans baying blood, the ''Lads Area'', now its full of ex barclay wanting to get in there to say they are snake pit boys!

We need more songs, louder singing next season.

ps lts Warnock or Lennon for me

I''m not sure if you are serious or on a wind up?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]

lts not been a vintage season, but the fans must take some of the blame.

We have travelled the country in big numbers but the backing/singing has been embarrassing to say the least home and away. With the amount of fans we have we should raise the roof at matches. When the opposing fans sing ''you only have one song'' thats wrong we actually have two, On The Ball City and Y''army!

We start off the game with OTBC which is great, then the oposing fans sing can you hear the the norwich sing? OTBC, a spell of pressure= OTBC, a shot= OTBC, a throw in= OTBC then it will carry on for at least 10 times a game with the occasional pathetic Y''army! No wonder fans take the p.ss out of us! (Dont start me on the window licking curly wig brigade,Ha!) You cant expect the players to be geed up with a song that many dont even know the ending of! The atmosphere is a lot worse since the '' Shirties'' infiltrated the snake pit. The old snake pit was rowdy, fans baying blood, the ''Lads Area'', now its full of ex barclay wanting to get in there to say they are snake pit boys!

We need more songs, louder singing next season.

ps lts Warnock or Lennon for me

[/quote]

I don''t take issue with what you say but do think you are expecting NCFC to be just like many other clubs.

I haven''t lived in Norwich or Norfolk since 1974 but left because I wasn''t particularly one of the "r yu gorn up the sitty" people.

But good on them and if they don''t match the Kop in intensity or London teams in their sarcasm then thats OK.

Norfolk people aren''t particularly proud people but they do love their football club the way it is.

Why change it?

I think the OP has a fair point.  After finishing eleventh and after spending upwards of £20 million in the closed season transfer window, the least the club deserved was fans who could sing a bit louder.  Those "must win" matches against Fulham, West Brom, Sunderland, Cardiff could have been very different affairs if we''d had another ten decibels of support from the crowd.  The Barclay could have all breathed in together to turn one of Redmond''s "crosses" into a wickedly dipping shot, or breathed out at the same time to make one of Bradley Johnson''s passes travel that extra five yards and not get intercepted by the oppo player he''d hit it straight to.  RvW would have gained a yard of pace from the crowd noise, Bassong would have increased his concentration and Hooper would have received the extra noise level and converted it into solid gold one-touch finishing of the highest order.Shame on you, my fellow fans who can attend games, shame on the bleeding lot of you for not shouting that bit louder.

The fact the OP is from Lowestoft says it all.  Support your local team.  You can make extra noise if you clap with your six-fingered hands.

Our fans are fantastic, and that is why we will fill Carrow Road next season even if we find ourselves struggling. People can say what they like about how rubbish we are on the pitch, but can never slate our wonderful support, some of the most loyal fans in the country and maybe even the world.

Ha, no. But is true, 20000 season ticket holders in League One. Fans have the right to be fed up when things are going wrong, but we don''t go missing, a few armchair fans will leave us but almost all season tickets will be renewed yet again. Not many other clubs with fans like ours.

Why don''t you start some other songs then?

Grinds my gears when people moan about the crowd being quiet or the song a being crap, there''s an easy way to fix it isn''t there?

Put up or shut up.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Ha, no. But is true, 20000 season ticket holders in League One. Fans have the right to be fed up when things are going wrong, but we don''t go missing, a few armchair fans will leave us but almost all season tickets will be renewed yet again. Not many other clubs with fans like ours.[/quote]

Sorry, my comment was at the OP not you GM, Mcveigh said last week that the fans were partly to blame just as much as the players or something...it was a bit strange.

Heres one for the boys.....

Ipswich run,

lpswich run,

When they run they do a ton, na na na na, na na na, na na

or..

lpswich boys make more noise when theyre playing with their toys

na na na na, na na na, na na

LOL

Browno, lve sung more NCFC football songs than youve had hot dinners!

[/quote]

I take it browno is heavily into salads then!

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Ha, no. But is true, 20000 season ticket holders in League One. Fans have the right to be fed up when things are going wrong, but we don''t go missing, a few armchair fans will leave us but almost all season tickets will be renewed yet again. Not many other clubs with fans like ours.[/quote]

Sorry, my comment was at the OP not you GM, Mcveigh said last week that the fans were partly to blame just as much as the players or something...it was a bit strange.[/quote]You get all sorts of nonsense from people associated with the club to try and protect the failings of their mates.As a season ticket holder I personally struggle to see how I can in any way be blamed for instance for the away defeats to Southampton, Swansea and Cardiff in which I was doing my ironing in my living room in Norwich whilst the game was being played several hundred miles away. Perhaps it was in the back of Russel Martin''s mind that a man he''s never met doesn''t think he''s quite up to Premier League quality and should have been replaced in the summer and this caused him to lose focus and defend badly?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]as Delia said yesterday on radio norfolk,

MORE NOISE PLEASE !![/quote]

I would reply more attacking football, it is like the old adage what comes first the chicken or the egg. I remember to this day the noise at the home match against Derby which was immense.

The trouble with Hughtons style of play just didn''t inspire fans and don''t talk to me about the away matches !

In further supporting his point that we don''t make enough noise when supporting our team, bringbackchippy helpfully quotes the lines of a song that is about and relate to another one.

It would be great to think we could have a raucous deafening crowd at home matches regardless of the game, but Hughton''s side managed to suck the life out of players and fans alike!

Flying high in a division and being successful will improve the noise levels.  As soon as you get to the top level it changes - the tension and the pressure cause people to clam up.  If you could somehow go into the premiership and celebrate it instead of having false expectations - a bit like Crystal Palace fans did this season  - it might be better noise wise.  

Ipswich run,

lpswich run,

or..

LOL

[/quote]

Yeah that should get everybody under 12 behind the team. [:$]

Ipswich run,

lpswich run,

or..

LOL

[/quote]

Yeah that should get everybody under 12 behind the team. [:$]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Flying high in a division and being successful will improve the noise levels.  As soon as you get to the top level it changes - the tension and the pressure cause people to clam up.  If you could somehow go into the premiership and celebrate it instead of having false expectations - a bit like Crystal Palace fans did this season  - it might be better noise wise.  

[/quote]A bit like we did in our first season.I wouldn''t say it''s tension, I''d say it''s poor football and familiarity with the league that causes the crowd to quieten.  The exact same thing happened when we were relegated last time to the Championship.  We expected to bounce straight back, and as soon as that didn''t happen the crowd gradually got quieter and quieter.  It was only relegation to League One and the Lambert years which brought any atmosphere back.There''s also a bit of delusion going on, the Barclay and Snakepit seem to think that they are a cauldron of noise every week when in all honesty it''s like hearing a mouse playing a tiny violin in the Albert Hall.