Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 40

Still waiting for odds in Bulgaria, but on the assumption that does not come in let''s go with Auda to beat Olaine in LatviaA real gap in class between the top and bottom of the league. Auda are 4th, 6/0/1, and 4/0/0 at home. Olaine are second bottom, 1/0/6 and 0/0/2 away. So far Auda have a +17 goal difference through seven games, Olaine have a -22 goal difference from the same number.Hopefully should be comfortable, 1/8 reflecting this.Best of luck all. And thanks to NN as always for his hard work.

Not sure if it''s been picked, but may I have the Netherlands to beat Ecuador on Sat please.

Good luck all pups, and thanks to NN for keeping this great thread going.

That''s the plan Hector because we have to use that this weekend. But if you want to include a game that''s only on Bet365 then send me two bets. One for Bet 365 and one for Bill Hills. Two chances are better than one [:)]

Arsenal win for me please   Thoroughly enjoyable thread once again - still consistently the best part of this forum in my opinion. Cheers to Nutty for the admin and to all the pickers who make this what it is. Hope to see you all again for next season       Statto

After a great deal of research I''ve decided upon the final six. Thank you all for your selections everyone of them has been considered.

At this stage of the season I like stick with teams who have something to play for. Usually the likes of juve & PSG would be first on my list, but with there respective leagues already in the bag they are passed over as are purple and trents picks as I can not find prices on hills website for them which is a shame because they look like terrific picks.

I''ve settled for three champions league chasing teams, one after there first piece of silverware in years and two who''s opposition look plain rubbish.

So the final six are:-

St. Etienne home win

Galatasaray home win

Besiktas home win also my pick

Arsenal

Shamrock rovers home win

AAB home win

All pretty skinny I''m afraid, but hopefully six good things!

Thank you for these Hector. They look terrific and your strategy looks sound. I think we''ll be really unlucky if we don''t finish the season with another win. I''ve used the free bet from last week but even with that the potential pay out is a healthy £32.90  Here are the details : -

Arsenal

4/9

5:00 Sat

NWC, Kathy, AJ, Nana, GMF, Jellytot, Statto

Besiktas

2/7

Hector

Galatasaray

2/9

Nutty

Shamrock

1/8

7:00 Sat

Yankee, GPele

St Etienne

1/5

8:00 Sat

Sid, Leeds, Cosmic, Greg, Inchy

AaB Aalborg

2/5

4:00 Sun

Herman, Tilly

So we have five games tomorrow evening with the last one on Sunday. Here''s hoping for a great weekend for all us PUPs[:)]

Best of luck Hector. Apologies my pick was not on there, I only really look on Bet 365 so did now know. Either way, looks a very strong 6! Completely missed Shamrock who look the banker of the week.

Sorry for being late!  Not a great week for picking right at the end of the season... I''ll go for Galatasaray for what it''s worth.Good luck Hector and all PUPs.  Thanks to Eddie for running this again this season.  We need a PUPs night during the summer!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you for these Hector. They look terrific and your strategy looks sound. I think we''ll be really unlucky if we don''t finish the season with another win. I''ve used the free bet from last week but even with that the potential pay out is a healthy £32.90  Here are the details : -

Arsenal

4/9

Besiktas

2/7

Hector

Galatasaray

2/9

Nutty

Shamrock

1/8

Yankee, GPele

St Etienne

1/5

AaB Aalborg

2/5

Herman, Tilly

So we have five games tomorrow evening with the last one on Sunday. Here''s hoping for a great weekend for all us PUPs[:)]

[/quote]

Point of order Nutty but I backed Juventus.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Arsenal

4/9

Besiktas

2/7

Hector

Galatasaray

2/9

Nutty

Shamrock

1/8

Yankee, GPele

St Etienne

1/5

AaB Aalborg

2/5

Herman, Tilly

[/quote]

Point of order Nutty but I backed Juventus.

[/quote]

Indeed you did Tilly. It''s mystery to me how your name appeared where it did because I only recall typing Herman in the grid!!!! Something strange going on and the implications of giving it any further thought.......

[quote user="Hector Brockelbank"]Bugger!

Besiktas and arsenal let us down[/quote]

They did but thank you again for those selections buddy. Knowing we needed Arsenal to win put an edge on the game for me. You''ve been a great addition to our team all season and next year you''ll get a better week to pick.

Trent''s team in Latvia won so he will be our new champion this season. Much deserved too because he''s been right up there in each of the last seven seasons.

Congratulations Tom[<:o)][Y][*][B]

I''ll be back after the weekend with all the details.

Here are the final week''s stats. 32 PUPs selected, 21 (66%) correctly. 17 different results were picked from which 13 (76%0 came up trumps. Unfortunately the most heavily picked game let us down.

We''ve had a good season and I''ll post the details later but for now I''d just like to congratulate Trent once again for his brilliant performance throughgout the season to win our PUPs league. I know he is worried because Broadslim hasn''t posted for a couple of weeks and I am too. But hopefully all''s well with him. We can only hope so.

Here''s the final table showing those with at least 50% right from at least half the available weeks : -

Trent

Canary
38 40 95%
Norfolkbroadslim 36 38 95%
Hissing Sid 37 40 93%
Scooby 35 38 92%
Twidio 22 25 88%
Cosmic Twin 35 40 88%
Statto 34 39 87%
Leedscanary 22 26 85%
Swindon 31 37 84%
Til 1010 30 36 83%
CD Mullins 19 23 83%
PurpleCanary  32 39 82%
Graham Humphrey 31 38 82%
Herman 30 37 81%
Beauseant 29 36 81%
Meth Canary 29 36 81%
Chelle 32 40 80%
gravycanaries 24 30 80%
Hughesy 20 25 80%
Inch High 31 39 79%
Kathy 31 39 79%
Hector 30 38 79%
Jellytot 22 28 79%
GMF 29 37 78%
Javier''s Deaf Translator 18 23 78%
Diesel Doris 30 39 77%
Yankee Canary 30 40 75%
NWC 21 28 75%
1st Wazzock 18 24 75%
jb 29 40 73%
Mr Angry 29 40 73%
Norfolkchance1 28 39 72%
Mandie Moo 25 35 71%
NCFCStar 17 24 71%
nutty nigel 28 40 70%
Snake-eyes 16 23 70%
I''m A Banana 27 39 69%
gregt 23 34 68%
Vindo 22 33 67%
AJ 23 35 66%
Ginger Pele 24 40 60%
Newcastle Uni Canary 19 32 59%
Splutcho 14 24 58%
Lappinitup 20 36 56%
Blah Blah Blah 12 22 55%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat  17 34 50%

I will be back with all the details of our wins and current and future finance but I''d like to take this opportunity to thank you all again for your help and support in keeping Rays Funds going for a seventh consecutive season.

I think some of the achievements on here got lost amomgst furore over relegation and managerial issues. So I''ll just finish tidying this up for the season.

We had 10 winning weeks with the final six amounting to £429. So well done to Snake Eyes, Vindo, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt, Cosmic Twin, Norfolkbroadslim, Yankee, Trent and GMF. Thanks to our generous benefactor we also had 8 winning weeks with the match bet amounting to £76. So well done to Splutcho, JB, Javier''s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah, Can u sit down please, Til1010 and Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat.

As well as the Â£505 won on the threads I was also lucky enough to receive a further £145 from posters honouring their bets generously for the Community Sports Foundation. On their behalf I''d like to thank Morty, nutty nigel, Wooster Canary, Lake District Canary, Yellowfuture, Lappinitup, I''m Spartacus, Crabby Canary and Purple Canary.

So the total cheque we present to the CSF will be for a whopping £650. I''m really proud of this and if we''re all in agreement I will arrange a presentation later in the summer.

Congratulations once again to Trent Canary who was a deserved winner of our league. We all hope NBS is ok but I still haven''t heard from him. It was nearly the first tie for our title!

Thanks everyone for your help and support. I felt we lost a bit of impetus at the end of the season and I was a bit concerned that perhaps we''d run our course. People have since assured me that''s not the case so hopefully we will carry on next season when maybe the Pink Un will be a happier place. It''s never a chore to do this and it keeps part of our great friend Ray alive on the message board. As always I''ll carry on for as long as you PUPs want me to. But I''d rather draw a line in a summer rather than fizzle out during a season.

We will need 30 tenners next season to survive. I am still holding £60 in funds and Tilly has since donated £40 from a bet he won. So we have a £100 start. See you all in August!

I think sky bet are now offering a weekly 10 pound free bet. Might be worth checking out for this thread ? Thanks for running this all season again nutty !

Thank you Nutty Nigel for all your hard work on this thread.

I''m really pleased to hear we''ll be able to do it all again next season! My tenner will be on it''s way to you at the start of the season.

Congratulations to Trent Canary!

ditto above - its great to be a part of it - well done all!!

Cheers NN for all your hard work as always, Wednesday nights feel strange without spending time scouring the remote leagues of Europe...