Sign in to follow this  
#

Adams. YES or NO?

I have been very pro Adams but I still have a few nagging doubts about him and his lack of managerial experience......like why wasn''t Hooper used against Chelski towards the end?

So its a small no atm.......but as an assistant to the next manager he would be ideal. :scared:

No. Club legend and gave it a really good go, but the job needs to go with someone with Championship experience.A hearty handshake and pat on the back for him and let him return to what he was doing. It''s not his time, yet.(Love your Lucas Simms sig Wiz!) [Y]

[quote user="Wiz"]I have been very pro Adams but I still have a few nagging doubts about him and his lack of managerial experience......like why wasn''t Hooper used against Chelski towards the end?So its a small no atm.......but as an assistant to the next manager he would be ideal. :scared:[/quote]

Well that didn''t take long.

Three of the best managers we''ve had (two of which didn''t end with a soured memory) - i.e. Dave Stringer, Mike Walker, and Nigel Worthington - all came from relative obscurity and were promoted from within.

I am a firm believer that MOST managers have a purple period at the beginning of their career which they are then hired by others to replicate somewhere else - which they very rarely do. They are very much of a time and a place, and removed from those particular combination of circumstances they never achieve again those initial heights.

I think Neil has shown enough guile, ambition, bravery, technical competence and diplomacy to be given a crack of the whip .......... so a YES from me

Fully appreciate what Neil has done with his poisoned chalice but I can''t help feeling that if we appoint him for next season it reeks of the same error we made after Worthy was fired.

Whilst our star is high (recent Prem status, no external debts and a good squad) I think we should push our luck and pull in proven manager of the highest calibre possible.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Wiz"]I have been very pro Adams but I still have a few nagging doubts about him and his lack of managerial experience......like why wasn''t Hooper used against Chelski towards the end?

So its a small no atm.......but as an assistant to the next manager he would be ideal. :scared:[/quote]

Well that didn''t take long.

[/quote]

What didn''t take long Squit?

I''m not turning against Neil, quite the opposite in fact, but we/he needs more experiene to get back.

I say yes, Id rather him than the bookies list of candidates.

Just one point. Why does everyone equate an internal appointment as like Bryan Gunn. Why not Dave Stringer. Both were club legends. One had not been a coach & had never managed any sort of team, the other had been a manager of the FA Youth cup winners & although not a popular choice helped produce arguably our greatest ever side.

(This is not a vote for Adams but just saying in ain''t black & white..& Delia wasn''t involved in that appointment!)

Lol @ Wiz flip flop, that is a very speedy turnaround!Big decision for the board, I would have to know who the other alternatives are I think.Take away the emotion and the fact Neil is one of our own, would another Championship club offer him a job, based on what he has shown so far?

has to be a no, it would be too greater a risk. He''s been brought in under alien circumstances where he had nothing to lose, so its hard to judge.

working alongside Malky would be ideal for me though?

Big no.

Going into a season in probably the toughest league to get out of (at the top end at least!) requires a manager with Championship experience. Would more than likely be a disaster if we appointed Adams.

You do may me laugh Dave, that''s the quickest flip flop ever.

No.

Hughton should have stayed until the last game and Adams should never have been appointed.

It''s a yes for me - it''s hardy fair to give him the worst run of games in our season to then say thanks but no thanks - give him a pre season get rid of the deadwood (of which there are a few) let him bring in some players and see how he fairs - for me apart from Man U he has shown a far greater attacking flair than Hooooooton ever did so give him a go - would rather have someone who has the club in his blood than someone who it''s just another run of the mill job - it may or may not work out but unfortunately in football you can never get those guarantees . I''m sure he would do far better knowing he has at least a full season rather than 5 games one of which we have not beaten in 14 games and another 4 against 4 of the best teams in Europe.

A resounding yes, from me, if he can show that yesterday was no fluke by producing another good one against Arsenal.

Given that he has inherited a poor squad with no effective strikers, and some other players arguably not up to Premiership standard, I think that will have done enough. Manchester was a no show, and he was surprised, but then the experienced Hughton had many of these over two years during which we leaked goals.

What is this experience that he lacks? certainly not after the U18s last year with terrific performances. Does he lack premiership experience? Yes, but then so does every manager when he enters the premiership experience. To adapt the well known saying about youth, "If you''re good enough, you''re experienced enough", and if you have a good team, as Lambert had, then you are equipped.

[quote user="morty"]Lol @ Wiz flip flop, that is a very speedy turnaround!

Big decision for the board, I would have to know who the other alternatives are I think.

Take away the emotion and the fact Neil is one of our own, would another Championship club offer him a job, based on what he has shown so far?
[/quote]

Again what turnaround?..........I always advocated a caretaker role morty.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol @ Wiz flip flop, that is a very speedy turnaround!Big decision for the board, I would have to know who the other alternatives are I think.Take away the emotion and the fact Neil is one of our own, would another Championship club offer him a job, based on what he has shown so far?[/quote]

Again what turnaround?..........I always advocated a caretaker role morty.

[/quote]I can''t even be bothered to trawl back and dig out the posts.

No.Personally i think he has made some basic errors even in thses few games.I don''t agree with blooding Murphy in a relegation scrap and we should have got the big name players to step up to the mark in these big games.Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bassong and Yobo not involved at all doesn''t bode well for me and smacks of the ''Little Old Norwich'' issue again.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Hughton gone Adams out. Malky in[/quote]

Yep! yep! and yep again.

I couldn''t understand his tactics for the last ten-fifteen minutes of yesterday''s game. Nobody could, not even Jose M. They are even being ridiculed by those simpletons down south.

Neither could I make any sense of his post match interview. 

He did a magnificent job setting the team up for the fight against Chelsea. He clearly has a future in management but his inexperience was exposed in the final quarter yesterday. He became tactically constipated.

Thanks Neil, but no thanks.

[quote user="whoareyou"]No.Personally i think he has made some basic errors even in thses few games.I don''t agree with blooding Murphy in a relegation scrap and we should have got the big name players to step up to the mark in these big games.Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bassong and Yobo not involved at all doesn''t bode well for me and smacks of the ''Little Old Norwich'' issue again.[/quote]Really?For a start Pilkington is injured (as usual) Yobo has been injured, I suspect Bassong''s head isn''t right as Chris Hughton was like a father to him, and I won''t even get into the Hoolahan thing.

[quote user="whoareyou"]No.Personally i think he has made some basic errors even in thses few games.I don''t agree with blooding Murphy in a relegation scrap and we should have got the big name players to step up to the mark in these big games.Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bassong and Yobo not involved at all doesn''t bode well for me and smacks of the ''Little Old Norwich'' issue again.[/quote]the best way to raise you stock as a player is to not get picked [:D]

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]You do may me laugh Dave, that''s the quickest flip flop ever. No. Hughton should have stayed until the last game and Adams should never have been appointed.[/quote]

Nonsence Inchy.

I wanted him as caretaker...fact.. and he''s done an excellent job imo...........but we need to get back asap... if they make him full time I''ll back him, you?

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="whoareyou"]No.Personally i think he has made some basic errors even in thses few games.I don''t agree with blooding Murphy in a relegation scrap and we should have got the big name players to step up to the mark in these big games.Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bassong and Yobo not involved at all doesn''t bode well for me and smacks of the ''Little Old Norwich'' issue again.[/quote]the best way to raise you stock as a player is to not get picked [:D][/quote]Adams never played Fox or Becchio either[;)]

No for me. I want Malkay. He is an expert at Championship level and has the fighting qualities Hughton could only dream of. Not to mention Cardiff were sailing along pretty well this season under him until Tan got involved. Malkay is the man.

Your statement was"Adams will be the new Messiah" and to answer your latest question yes I would back Adams if appointed the same as I stood behind Hughton and every manager bar Roeder but it wouldn''t change the fact that I think it would be the wrong appointment at a time when we need a proven manager. We''ll get one shot at this so it needs to be spot on.

[quote user="InchY_barn door_wolfswinkel"]Your statement was"Adams will be the new Messiah" and to answer your latest question yes I would back Adams if appointed the same as I stood behind Hughton and every manager bar Roeder but it wouldn''t change the fact that I think it would be the wrong appointment at a time when we need a proven manager. We''ll get one shot at this so it needs to be spot on.[/quote]

On this we agree. [Y]

I think it''s a hard one, personally.

Tactically I think he''s shown himself to be relatively astute, certainly no less so than Hughton - who has a good record in the Championship.

I too would rather we went for someone with experience but there''s very few candidates that stand out for me and I wouldn''t want us to spend massive money to attract someone who might not be ideal.

Of course, if the board have an ideal candidate in mind then by all means go for it - if not I don''t think having Adams in charge would be the disaster some think it would.

[quote user="hogesar"]I think it''s a hard one, personally.

Tactically I think he''s shown himself to be relatively astute, certainly no less so than Hughton - who has a good record in the Championship.

I too would rather we went for someone with experience but there''s very few candidates that stand out for me and I wouldn''t want us to spend massive money to attract someone who might not be ideal.

Of course, if the board have an ideal candidate in mind then by all means go for it - if not I don''t think having Adams in charge would be the disaster some think it would.[/quote]I don''t think a lot of people are seeing it as disaster, more a safe and cheap option. And we have been there before.