Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Player transfer values..........

I stumbled across a site that lists each squad and the transfer values of each player, it even tracks the transfer value of each player, it is worth a look (although I guess many of you will already be aware of the site).....

www.transfermarkt.com

Based on this site, there is only one player in the Top 10 value players currently playing in the EPL......Suarez, and the value of Norwich City''s squad is UKP 51 million (RVW current market value at UKP 7.5 million) compared to Manchester City at UKP 433 million (Aguero at UKP 45 million).

The prices you''re quoting are in euros. The http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk site quotes both.While decent to take a look at, personally I''d take these figures with a grain of salt. A player generally is worth the amount another club is prepared to pay for their transfer.Case and point;http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/grant-holt/profil/spieler_13412.htmlGrant Holt was apparently transferred for around the £2mil mark in the off season. He''s then gone to play in the Championship, not done too well, and then been loaned out at the age of 34.Do you think someone would be willing to pay £1.8mil for him now?Like I said, fun to take a look around, but I think most of the figures quoted are based on nothing more than guesswork and opinions.

...and if course I was taking it seriously.......and presumed that these values are 100% accurate and would be exactly what each player would actually be transferred for...........