Sign in to follow this  
pete

Iwan slams petulant RVW

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/ricky_van_wolfswinkel_s_reaction_to_being_substituted_for_norwich_city_left_me_angry_and_disappointed_1_3520945

Lol - these things happen very regularly; there are many reasons to storm down the tunnel, disappointment at being taken off, scoreline, own performance, team performance, being told to sush when discussing more woeful defending.

Its a heat of the moment thing and shows proves nothing other than RvWs frustratement disappointment (which all city fans recognise)

Why create some negative storm on the eve of a key game? If anything Iwan should be able to empathise given he admits doing the same thing.

A non story

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Lol - these things happen very regularly; there are many reasons to storm down the tunnel, disappointment at being taken off, scoreline, own performance, team performance, being told to sush when discussing more woeful defending. Its a heat of the moment thing and shows proves nothing other than RvWs frustratement disappointment (which all city fans recognise) Why create some negative storm on the eve of a key game? If anything Iwan should be able to empathise given he admits doing the same thing. A non story[/quote]

This

The only thing that has left me ''angry and disappointed'' is that a club legend like Iwan Roberts feels it fit, on the eve of a very important game for City, to dredge up this total non-story.

Agree. Hard to see how this piece can be of benefit to Norwich City.

All it''ll help to do is stoke up the bad feeling (of which there is already plenty) towards our record buy.

Basically everyone needs to do better in the final third. Which very much includes Ricky but is far from limited to him and also extends to the management.

RvW is obviously frustrated and upset with himself. The last thing he needs right now is a former player even being critical of the way that he left the pitch.If RvW is going to be selected then he needs to be playing very high up the pitch in a central position rather than playing deep and drifting out wide.

Iwan is an ex-footballer. He didn''t just play for NCFC and he is entitled to his opinion. Lots of ex-players regularly give their opinion in the press. If players and fans are going to get upset about this kind of thing then they have the wrong mentality.

I think Iwan has a point and if this article affects us tomorrow it will be because Hughton has played the wrong striker again.

RVW also went straight down the tunnel after he was subbed in our last home game against Sunderland. But as we won that game, I guess there was less opportunity to create a news story out of nothing.

[quote user="Le Juge"]if this article affects us tomorrow it will be because Hughton has played the wrong striker again.[/quote]I''d argue that it will be because he''s played the RIGHT striker in the WRONG way AGAIN!

Hooper is the right striker and he doesn''t need the other 10 players to change their style of play to accomodate him.There is no way that RVW has shown himself to have enough quality to justify building an entire team around him.Could just as easily say that we aren''t playing Hooper in the right way either...... Hooper is the better striker in my opinion.

If is just the latest example of RVW disrespecting our club. His lack of success in front of goal, his ease of being pushed off the ball. The fact he takes a huge salary of us and deliver f*** all and now disrespecting the shirt.

The man is a disgrace he needs to go and go at the next available opportunity.

Yeah this is a bit rich coming from Iwan, who in the same "article" admits to doing it once too. What if that is the only time Ricky does it too? Is he not allowed to make the same mistake once?

For me, I think Ricky has shown nothing but respect, class and a professional attitude the whole time he''s been here, and his behaviour on twitter shows how much he cares and how committed he was from the start. He''s obviously frustrated with his own performances, but also with the tactics and support on the pitch.

Name one happy striker at the club since Lambert left?

[quote user="MancCanary"]Yeah this is a bit rich coming from Iwan, who in the same "article" admits to doing it once too. What if that is the only time Ricky does it too? Is he not allowed to make the same mistake once? For me, I think Ricky has shown nothing but respect, class and a professional attitude the whole time he''s been here, and his behaviour on twitter shows how much he cares and how committed he was from the start. He''s obviously frustrated with his own performances, but also with the tactics and support on the pitch. Name one happy striker at the club since Lambert left?[/quote]

Spoken like a true plastic who never goes near the carra. makes my blood boil.

[quote user="MancCanary"]Yeah this is a bit rich coming from Iwan, who in the same "article" admits to doing it once too. What if that is the only time Ricky does it too? Is he not allowed to make the same mistake once?

For me, I think Ricky has shown nothing but respect, class and a professional attitude the whole time he''s been here, and his behaviour on twitter shows how much he cares and how committed he was from the start. He''s obviously frustrated with his own performances, but also with the tactics and support on the pitch.

Name one happy striker at the club since Lambert left?[/quote]

couldn''t agree more. Iwan talks about wont and cant defend him, then admits to doing exactly the same thing. Its a pointless article imo and is just getting on his back for a stupid reason. Get on his back for performances/goals but not because he walked down the tunnel even though Iwan did the same thing

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]

[quote user="MancCanary"]Yeah this is a bit rich coming from Iwan, who in the same "article" admits to doing it once too. What if that is the only time Ricky does it too? Is he not allowed to make the same mistake once? For me, I think Ricky has shown nothing but respect, class and a professional attitude the whole time he''s been here, and his behaviour on twitter shows how much he cares and how committed he was from the start. He''s obviously frustrated with his own performances, but also with the tactics and support on the pitch. Name one happy striker at the club since Lambert left?[/quote]

Spoken like a true plastic who never goes near the carra. makes my blood boil.

[/quote]

Oh come on Waveney/Thorpe End/HootunOut/The Messiah, we''re friends now aren''t we?!