Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Where are the bog rolls.

Yes what happened to bog roll chucking at footy matches,so funny to see a bog roll sale over your head unrolling in mid flight and hitting the net or beyond,then the keeper getting tangled up in it as he tries to remove from his goal.I am sure a few of our games might have been livened up by this extinct hobby.Can any of you on here remember when this was part of the entertainment at the match.I am sure you would be removed from the ground now if you launched one,such a shame as bog rolls are readily available in the local pound stores so not a dear hobby at all.Anyone brave enough to have a go?It would make my day in fact when was the last one thrown at a match?A question for those muppets on M O D,some old film maybe.Any other old footy pastimes that have died with the modern game not including a good old fashioned tackle which has vanished altogether.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2595054/Standard-Liege-fans-delay-kick-against-Anderlecht-toilet-paper-avalanche.html#socialLinks

I think the past-time bit the dust when there was the great paper shortage in the early 80''s when the bog roll disappeared from the shelves of shop''s unless you could afford to pay a fiver a throw - certainly I remember for a short while having to use newspaper for a while - uurrgghh!  I think the practise was replaced with coin and lighter throwing for a while instead, then the nets went up and nothing got onto the pitch. By the time the 90''s came around and the nets and fencing were removed everyone had forgotten.  Now, would the ever attendant stewards search you for them and confiscate them rather like flares?

[quote user="stoke canary"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2595054/Standard-Liege-fans-delay-kick-against-Anderlecht-toilet-paper-avalanche.html#socialLinks[/quote]

That is spectacular!