Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

The 'New Manager' effect

5 games left, our bogey team and the big 4 to play. Par for the course ordinarily would be zero points. Zero points though and I think were getting relegated. It might seem ridiculous to sack the manager at this stage, but most teams get a bounce when they do it. Is this bounce effect our only hope of getting points from a set of games we normally wouldnt? Or would this be more likely to consign the team to relegation. I think we have little hope of getting much out of the remaining games with Hughton in charge. Probably very little with anyone else in charge, but is it worth the gamble, and more to the point, would the board have the balls to do it, as if it didnt work and the team went down, they''d be accused of signing the death warrant. I think there''s no way in hell Hughton would get sacked now, but hypothetically, if we did make a change, is it likely to help, hinder, or is it all just too late?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]5 games left, our bogey team and the big 4 to play. Par for the course ordinarily would be zero points. Zero points though and I think were getting relegated. It might seem ridiculous to sack the manager at this stage, but most teams get a bounce when they do it. Is this bounce effect our only hope of getting points from a set of games we normally wouldnt? Or would this be more likely to consign the team to relegation. I think we have little hope of getting much out of the remaining games with Hughton in charge. Probably very little with anyone else in charge, but is it worth the gamble, and more to the point, would the board have the balls to do it, as if it didnt work and the team went down, they''d be accused of signing the death warrant. I think there''s no way in hell Hughton would get sacked now, but hypothetically, if we did make a change, is it likely to help, hinder, or is it all just too late?[/quote]

It doesn''t exist GMD. Apparently.

[quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"]Anyone or anything is worth a shot now, as we are down if we don''t change.So sod it, pick a random person off the internet, they can''t do any worse.[/quote]Tom Cavendish is my choice.[:)]Failing that we can just let the players revolt. Apparently it worked so well last year.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"]Anyone or anything is worth a shot now, as we are down if we don''t change.

So sod it, pick a random person off the internet, they can''t do any worse.
[/quote]

Tom Cavendish is my choice.[:)]

Failing that we can just let the players revolt. Apparently it worked so well last year.
[/quote]

I have no idea who Tom Cavendish is?

It has to be worth a go.  In Hughton we have someone who has lost the last six away games - doing nothing is criminal, doing something might just work.

Also known as ''Dead Cat Bounce''.

I think its too late to change for someone unfamiliar with our squad.

I think at such a late stage it would have to be some one close to the club.

There are clear examples this season of the new manger effect, so I think it can make a difference, if done early enough.

Sadly I think we have made our bed, and we will have to sleep on it.

I wonder if any midnight oil is being burnt at CR or have they all just gone home.

McNally:  "Hard luck Chris, see ya Monday"Hughton:  "Thanks Mac, I promise we''ll get something from the next 5 games"McNally: "OK no problem, don''t worry about it".

Delia:  "Night Chris, night Mac, I''m keeping my fingers crossed and it should be a lovely day out at Craven Cottage for all our wonderful fans".MWJ: "Hurry up luvvy, don''t hang about, we don''t want to bump into that nasty Smudger again on the way out".