Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Russell Martin

When i first heard that he was giving the interview i thought uh-oh, here we go again. Safe bet for an interview and wont say anything to upset the manager or fans.

How wrong i was - seemed to really lay into the fans? Was obviously unhappy about something said to him on a personal level but then seemed to slate the rest of the fans and started to talk about how everybody needs to pull together. Obviously all is not well and seems we are a sinking ship

He is also thought we gave it a good go in the 2nd half so I can only presume it was the half time drink talking!

Martin was one of the worst players on the field today, he needs to look at himself instead of trying to deflect the blame onto the paying public! [:@]

Any player in that team who says "we" need to pull together is a tw@t! Only they have the ability to effect the quality of the game, we the fans can cheer them on. But when they don''t even play football and compete what the hell do they expect people to cheer about? Their below par, ''couldn''t give a sh*t'' performances won''t get a positive round of applause, so maybe he should stop moaning and just get on with it.

I thought that he was pathetic today as he has been for most of this season.

A clear illustration of what is wrong with our club at the moment.

Both him and Bassong should be nowhere near the captaincy of our club and on current performances nowhere near the starting 11 either.

That probably goes for a few others too but I think these 2 should be leaders and clearly aren''t!

Not sure where we go from here but bringing Turner and Whittaker back into the side would be a starting point.

I''m not sure what Garrido has done wrong to warrant the way that he has been treated this season either, admittedly Olssen has done well at times but not consistently.

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:51 PM:

Give the bloke the captains armband.

He is the CLUB CAPTAIN, Bassong the team captain!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:51 PM:

He is the CLUB CAPTAIN, Bassong the team captain![/quote]Whats your point?

Did you hear what he said about passion, desire etc.

I personaly think hes talking utter rubbish, i didnt see much passion, fight on that pitch.

And for him saying we gave it a good go 2nd half. If he think thats giving it a good go then thats a big problem in itself. Cardiff at home 30 chances on goal, Marshall having the game of his life, thats what i call giving it a good go, not that utter rubbish.

So what Martin someone said you was shit today, well guess what, you were, you all were.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Give the bloke the captains armband.[/quote]

the only player that seemed pumped up today was Snodgrass. He may have drifted in and out but looked the most likely and genuinely seemed like he was trying to lift the crowd.

i can only presume Bassong was barred from doing the interview after last week...

It''s like the relegation from the Championship again. Players just queuing up to leave, too many loan signings who won''t be here next season anyway, and too many players with no bottle.

Better players, weaker characters, and a clear disconnect between team / manager and the fans.

I''ve always had a lot of time for Martin, but after that interview it was clear that here is a player that knows he is no longer good enough and trying to pin it on the fans.

Not impressed.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="City 2nd"]Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:51 PM:

He is the CLUB CAPTAIN, Bassong the team captain![/quote]Whats your point?

[/quote]

Don''t think he''s got one.

He''s been useless most of the season and i don''t think he would have a future under the next manager that comes in

Generally I think Martin has been lucky to play as many games as he has this season. Whittaker has not been given a fair chance to win his place back. But Martin is obviously a company man.

Having said that, I thought Martin was a bit unlucky today because where the hell was Snodgrass? It was obvious we didn''t have much on the left wing (Hoolahan is not a left winger) so what did Snodgrass do? He kept coming in central and giving us no width. Our only natural wide player decides to position himself on the edge of the D. So you''ve got no natural wide outlet, nothing for Martin to link up with and no cover for him either. Very poor play from Snodgrass (though you never know, it might have come from the management).

I heard Martind interview and if he thinks that was all the players can give and is acceptable then there is something fundimentally wrong deeper than just with the manager............it has been a poor season with glimpses of what this team can do!

Hughton is a result of the club becoming comfortable, wanting a non confrontational manager and this has resulted in the player becoming complacent! If you read MacNally he is not hapy at the moment I am convinced he wanted Hughton gone in January but was not allwed to sack him.

Not good enouh and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves, hard working people have paid and supported them all season, some giving up money which could be used on better things and when Martin and the other millionares sit in their big masions do they really give a **** about you and me tonight, not a chance, they don''t hurt because it''s not their club! They will find another club to finance their big egos once we go down, you watch how many of them man up and stay to push us back if we are relegated.......those will be the true city players!

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:57 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:51 PM: Give the bloke the captains armband. He is the CLUB CAPTAIN, Bassong the team captain!

My point - you know little about the club!!!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:57 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

Nexus_Canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:51 PM: Give the bloke the captains armband. He is the CLUB CAPTAIN, Bassong the team captain!

My point - you know little about the club!!![/quote]You say I know very little because I said that Martin should be made captain? I say captain as there is only one role which is the guy that wears the armband on the pitch. The fact that he was given some token gesture role of "club captain" is both tinpot and so rediculous that its not really worth mentioning.Unless you are a pedantic mong who thought they were being a smart ass by pointing this out? hmmmmm