Sign in to follow this  
Liquidator

He won't be here next season, right?

What a horrible vision. Him still being in charge on the first day of next season. Whether in the Premier League or Championship he has fallen so far short of what our minimum targets should be.

Surely...he can''t stay...surely.

Adds weight to the ''sack him now'' argument?

Hoots signed a 3 year deal, he is currently in year 2. IF we stay up this season then the board must either sack him or back him. They could give him mega-money to strenghten the team but would need to give him a new contract. Lets not forget, top managers are always given time, e.g. Fergie at Man Utd or Wenger at Arsenal.

But he is clearly not a top manager so why give him time to keep getting it wrong.

I think the crowd turned today. That''s a sign the board can''t ignore.While he kept pulling the fat out of the fire he lived to fight another day. This afternoon he burnt his fingers so now its just a matter of time.

I think the board will wait till after the Fulham game Ricardo, they will think by being away from home less fans will apply less pressure and should the result go our way then he will have another one of his 9 lives till the end of the season.

If we lose then the board can react and still save face with the fans before the next home game against Liverpool, poor stand in for that game, no win situation for them.

[quote user="Indy"]

I think the board will wait till after the Fulham game Ricardo, they will think by being away from home less fans will apply less pressure and should the result go our way then he will have another one of his 9 lives till the end of the season.

If we lose then the board can react and still save face with the fans before the next home game against Liverpool, poor stand in for that game, no win situation for them.

[/quote]You might be right. It''s been easy to call up until now because he was just doing enough and the home form was o.k. but I heard those "we want Hughton out" chants just before the end and I can''t see how that can be ignored. I don''t know what the contractual situation is but this afternoons result means it''s down to the wire and only an unexpected series of results is likely to prevent us going down.We are now 11 points adrift of where I expected us to be and for me that makes relegation a very real probability.

When we desperately needed a goal today he did not bring on his big signing. That''s because he doesn''t trust him, he hasn''t got the faith in him.

And if he hasn''t got the faith to bring on a striker he''s paid £8m for how can the board have faith or trust in him?

He won''t be Norwich manager next season. Not a chance.