Sign in to follow this  
pete

A YoYo Club

Although McNally''s 5 year plan will end in 5 games time his intended aim of City being a yoyo club before establishing themselves a la WBA. The plan looks like working but a yoyo club between what divisions?

I don''t think we can be a yo yo club, we have too many expenses now to do that, I believe you have a better chance of getting back up after 1 or maybe two seasona up, after the third you tend to spend big and pay big wages, it''s more the norm to struggle, just look recently at Southampton, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton to mention a few clubs with three or more season before releagation!

Pete,

I think the plan you refer to started with the Championship season - so only 4 years into it.

My recollection is that it was two years of stabalisation in the championship, promotion, relegation and then promotion. The unwritten bit was then stability in the premiership.

So strictly speaking we are ahead of that plan. At the start of the championship season I am sure we would all have grabbed what has happened over the past 4 years without a second thought.

Which then now leads to your question what sort of yo yo club will we now be. (I think we need to accept that relegation is now more likely than not). Well that really depends on whether financial plans are in place to cater for relegation or whether the summer signings represent an all out gamble on survival this year.

And that, in old currency, is the 64 dollar question. Let us hope that contingency plans are in place!!!!!