Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Radio link

Could someone help me with this for tomorrow’s game? It’s just that the one that was supplied previously I just cant get to work, so if I could be pointed in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

two simple solutions

1)go to the game (i understand this may not be feasible however)

2)sign up to canariesworld

listen to bbc radio norfolk....

just go to www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk

Noo you cannot listen to the game online live on radio Norfolk''s site, you can hear all pre-match and post-match news but nce the game starts it cuts off. Due to the fact that they do not have permission to broadcast it online (Canaries world uses the radio Norfolk stream, so no one would bother buying that if they could listen to it on the Norfolk site) So yeah as one post said above, try 5live, not sure if it''s one of the featured games though.

[quote]As the "new look" Canaries World (Match Live) is £9.99, there is hardly any reason not to sign up![/quote]

Isn''t that only between now and August? Hardly many matches in that time!!

All great suggestions but was really lookin for a free alternative. A link always used to be supplied that worked so I not sure what has happened, any ideas people?

those radio links normally come from canariesworld which other people have PAID for... why are you so special that you demand it free?

whats a tenner when u get to listen to the game? i drive a 400 mile round trip for every home game, if you add up the cost of petrol, season ticket and beer at the ground, it works out about 60 quid a game.... and your quibbling over spending 2 quid a game for the remain games for a commentary, plus access to all the highlights and interviews from the whole season... doesn''t seem like a huge amount to me.

I seem to have hit a nerve!!! I’m not special at all but always on the look out for a bargain! If u make a 400 mile round trip I would recommend that u move closer to the ground or find a new navigator!!! From what I have heard canaries world is not that great so in my student financial state the money may be best served elsewhere, i.e. paying to live! Just one of those tough choices we have to make in life!!!!!

its not brilliant no. but it works. ahh the student card has been pulled. i''m a 3rd year university student myself, so moving closer to norwich simply isn''t an option. i can empathise with you though, times can be hard with money. i work full time in the holidays, and have a part time job at uni to pay for football. i also pay for canariesworld in case i cant make a game.

im not boasting at all, just stating how things work out with me. when theres a will theres a way. you dont live far from me actually... so get a season ticket for next season, and you can split the petrol with me

or.......

you could by a handy thing they call "the ''radio'' ".

Thought the student card would be an appropriate escape!! Unlike u have I followed the typical student stereotype and have managed to get to the third year without having a job during term time and have only worked during the summer, the hardship loan was my saviour!!! Would happily go to more games even if it meant enjoying more of the A47, managed to do a couple this season but it’s a nightmare to get tickets even when my dad and my brother’s family have season tickets. Had to resort to watch forest play once, not pretty!! The petrol thing might be a winner, just have to c what graduation brings.

AJ – for some reason there is not much demand for radio Norfolk outside the county so the reception does not stretch to Nottingham!!!

[quote]those radio links normally come from canariesworld which other people have PAID for... why are you so special that you demand it free? whats a tenner when u get to listen to the game? i drive a 400 m...[/quote]

I always thought it was illegal to sell on a free service to people... Oh well.

notts canary where abouts in notts do you live.  I used to live out in west bridgford and could pick up east anglian radio out there, the signal was weak at times but I could hear it and with these new fangled radios they should sound much better.

failing that bbc''s text by text commentary is also an option.

I got lucky tonight cos I''m in newcastle and heard it on the local radio, well worth the bias commentary

I have the delightful pleasure of living in the meadows, so I’m not a million miles away from bridgeford. Unfortunately may room is just a black hole for any kind of reception, can’t even get a television picture!!! I bought a DAB radio in the hope that I could pick up something but no joy!! That would have been great to hear the reaction of the Geordies, I watched it come through on the sky sports news, could not believe what was happening!

notts canary you have my upmost sympathy living in the meadows I heard reception down there was bad I think someone probably vandalised the transmitter. I love local radio bias they''re just funny, still I''ve heard worse, it was like the geordie commentators have expected the loss, which shows how bad things are for them.

still no matter where you hear it doesn''t take away from the great result does it. next stop charlton. where do you usually watch the games in nottingham, I used to like that sports abr by the river, they showed all the football up there

[quote]I have the delightful pleasure of living in the meadows, so I’m not a million miles away from bridgeford. Unfortunately may room is just a black hole for any kind of reception, can’t even get a televi...[/quote]

You have mail and a private message.

It’s always funny as soon as u say the meadows people are like, how do u do it, just grateful I don’t live in St Anne’s!! Its certainly has been an eye opener, kinda puts the mile cross chavs of Norwich into perspective!! The southbank is a must for every Norwich game, just a shame it’s gone all up market and removed a load of its memorabilia. Think my Norwich enthusiasm is starting to rub off on a few of the locals in there!