Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ok. Here goes...........

We were awful today.  First half was the worst passing display this season.  Not overun, not even under that much pressure - just simple passes going astray - and no Johnson to blame either.    Tension or  fear or whatever it was and the way we were playing in that first half, just made it inevitable that sooner or later WBA would score.  We''ve seen it before in first halves this season - and at home have sometimes been able to get back in the game, or at least muster a draw after a terrible first half. 

Second half was a bit better, but cohesion was sporadic, at best.  No.  This was as poor as we have been this season.   No excuses from me.   My only hope is that we can get some belief  from somewhere to take the games we have left and find something from them.    It was always going to be a roller coaster and I think there will still be some twists and turns.  We are not down yet and we can still pick up points - although it isn''t going to be easy, that''s for sure.  

Hughton now looks like he will go at the end of the season - today was his last hope of keeping the fans on side and getting the points we needed to give us hope.    The players are not up to the task on a consistent basis - its just not been good enough, often enough.  So the combination of Hughton and the players is looking a busted flush right now.   I could barely watch in the first half as in our most important match of the season so far, Snodgrass failing to cross early with his right foot when it was clearly needed - and when he had the space to do it.  Hoolahan looking like he had never controlled a football in his life.  Tettey pinging the ball around at 100 miles an hour and expecting it to stick.  Bassong and Yobo looking like they had never seen a football before.  Howson not at his best.  Elmander not at his best. Hooper and Martin looked up for it with some good strikes from Hoops and crosses from Martin.   Ruddy looked good.   Ollson was good - as always.  Redmond didn''t do much, Becchio was non existent and Gutirrez couldn''t get into the game.

Those people that read my posts properly will know that my position on Hughton has been based on the fact that the board stuck with him - not that I am a great fanatical "Hughton Inner".  I still think that if he somehow keeps us up, he will still be manager next season, but my hopes for his building something lasting  are looking bleak atm.     However, its not over until the fat lady sings - and we are still clear of the bottom three, so who knows............

I''m a Hughton inner but evn I can hear the opening chords of "goodbyeeeeeee ......"

[quote user="lake district canary"]Those people that read my posts properly...[/quote].....are masochists. [:S]

I''m not entirely convinced he will get the rest of the season to keep us up. I now think its at a stage where the management, players and fans are all pulling in different directions. It may be that somebody in for 5games could give us that bounce

the most telling thing today was not the performance, or the reaction of the fans which turned hugely. It was when Chris Goreham asked a simple question - did the players follow your instructions?

Hughtons reaction, the awkward silence and then the answer that went so far off topic it was laughable was more telling than anything imo. He sounded like a man not in control, and that is a huge worry

Nice response Lakey, it was dire today, I left whne Becchio was ready to come on, the last straw for me.......got home before 5.15 today instead of the noraml 6.45.

Listened to Suchy and re-lived those great days when he was playing in my head.

I thought today summed up Worthy days for me when he was our manager in the premiership, he should have gone way before he did and the board left it all season, looks like the don''t learn from previous mistakes!

You can keep you head high matey, good to have such positive people on this board.

I know his football game plans are shocking but after seeing him getting hit by a clapper at the end I do feel sorry for hughton as he knows as much as we do his times up in may! If he keeps us up then he did a job JUST! Don''t go throwing things directly at the manager is pretty unacceptable! But then again so has our season been unacceptable!

This is a result of weak leadership. Weak from the manager and much more serious weakness from the board.

To witness the total shambles to day was sad and to think it was not that long ago we had a team organised, positive and much fitter than this current outfit

I think its been great how support in the ground has been positive for months but today we saw the beginning of the end (at last) for Hughton.

I just hope we can stay up but whether we do or not, please ensure our chairman is back and let the right people on the board be responsible for recruiting our new man.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Those people that read my posts properly will know that my position on Hughton has been based on the fact that the board stuck with him - not that I am a great fanatical "Hughton Inner".  I still think that if he somehow keeps us up, he will still be manager next season, but my hopes for his building something lasting  are looking bleak atm.     However, its not over until the fat lady sings - and we are still clear of the bottom three, so who knows............

[/quote]

Lakey, express your opinion on Hughton by all means but, for you to suggest that you stuck with Hughton based upon the fact that the Board stuck with him is just plain hogwash. Everyone on this forum knows there are hundreds of threads that you initiated ( never mind the ones you respond to ) where you pointed out to others what Hughton is building at Norwich and, in almost all instances there is no reference from you that your position is based upon the Norwich Board sticking with him.

I only need to give one input from you as an example. It is redundant to point out others as everyone is aware of those inputs, and it has absolutely nothing to do with reading your posts properly. 

lake district canary is not online. Last active: 27/03/2014 11:06:00 lake district canary

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 26/09/2011
Posts 3,579

Are we improving as a team? YES!

Reply Quote

We have just seen three matches in a row where we have put together some really good football - entertaining, positive and creating chances.  All things that fans have been moaning about.  The final piece of the jigsaw is the finishing.   Confidence/luck/composure - call it what you like - that is all that is missing in front of goal.  

Its frustrating - but  there has been progress and we are becoming a very good footballing side - entertaining, atttacking and creating chances.  If we keep that going we will surely start to get the goals.  Hughton has been building a side over the last two years under the most difficult of circumstances - last year focus was on defence - this season has been about improving the midfield and attack.  The jigsaw is nearly complete - we just need a little luck in front of goal.     Maybe its difficult to see reason after poor results - and the substitutions didn''t work last night - but we should have been three up by then.     But - the strikers we have are more than capable of scoring and we have time this season to get them firing. This may be unpopular opinion for some to take, but it is I believe a realistic one. 

We have to hang in there,  need to win our next home game - and another unpopular thing to say, but true - there are still only three points separating clubs from 10th to 17th place.  So all is not lost - far from it. 

A long time to the next game, but it should be a good one...............and a good one to win.

I think poor old LDC is trying to hijack the position claimed, probably quite sincerly, by a few other posters. Unfortunatley in his case we know this to not be the case. Its interesting to see shoulders slip and scrambling for a new persona.

I''m not going to start an argument with you Yankee, but that post was written after some good performances.    I will always be optimistic when I see positive signs - because you can build on positivity.   Some of you on here seem to like the negativity - some of you seem to positively thrive on it.   That is your problem. 

Even today, with that poor performance we could have scored, hitting the bar twice - and if we had - and won - I would have been optimistic again.  You carry on looking into the past and finding little tit bits, in the meantime I will be looking forward to the next match and hoping that Hughton and hte players can turn it around in the next match.  Difficult, but not impossible.

Oh, and btw,  if you look hard enough you will find those posts where I have criticised Hughton this season, in November when I thought enough was enough - and before it was clear the board was going to stick with him.   Once that was clear, I have bought into that, but only because of that.  I want Hughton to succeed - and there is nothing wrong with that - so if you can find supportive comments from me - well done - it proves I have been trying to support what the club are doing. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]We were awful today.  First half was the worst passing display this season.  Not overun, not even under that much pressure - just simple passes going astray - and no Johnson to blame either.    Tension or  fear or whatever it was and the way we were playing in that first half, just made it inevitable that sooner or later WBA would score.  We''ve seen it before in first halves this season - and at home have sometimes been able to get back in the game, or at least muster a draw after a terrible first half. 

Second half was a bit better, but cohesion was sporadic, at best.  No.  This was as poor as we have been this season.   No excuses from me.   My only hope is that we can get some belief  from somewhere to take the games we have left and find something from them.    It was always going to be a roller coaster and I think there will still be some twists and turns.  We are not down yet and we can still pick up points - although it isn''t going to be easy, that''s for sure.  

Hughton now looks like he will go at the end of the season - today was his last hope of keeping the fans on side and getting the points we needed to give us hope.    The players are not up to the task on a consistent basis - its just not been good enough, often enough.  So the combination of Hughton and the players is looking a busted flush right now.   I could barely watch in the first half as in our most important match of the season so far, Snodgrass failing to cross early with his right foot when it was clearly needed - and when he had the space to do it.  Hoolahan looking like he had never controlled a football in his life.  Tettey pinging the ball around at 100 miles an hour and expecting it to stick.  Bassong and Yobo looking like they had never seen a football before.  Howson not at his best.  Elmander not at his best. Hooper and Martin looked up for it with some good strikes from Hoops and crosses from Martin.   Ruddy looked good.   Ollson was good - as always.  Redmond didn''t do much, Becchio was non existent and Gutirrez couldn''t get into the game.

[/quote]what a load of whinging apologist drivelthe players are up to it, but not when ''shackled to a corpse''when it was clearly not working tofday what did Hughton do, stick to the same failing nonsense only with different players trying the same stuff .................. yet againthis was not an abheration, it was the same failing tactics that Hughton has stuck with, week after week, month after month, the same hopeless mismanagement that has seen so many players going backwards in their developmentto claim that you only stuck with Hughton because the board have done is bo llox, as numerous posts of yours on here will testifywhy you previously choose to rubbish others for stating was has been obvious, game after game, only you will knowbut trying to play the old lag discovering religion may fool a few of less bright - but there will be plenty who can see right through it, and you come to that

"today was his last hope of keeping the fans on side"I am just frankly amazed that anybody, even you, would think that he still had the chance to get fans on side (what do you mean ''keep''!).He lost the vast majority of fans many months ago, most of them by the end of 2013.Only a few slow village idiots like yourself have been stuck in a parallel universe where Hughton is a good manager and we aren''t f*cked.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"today was his last hope of keeping the fans on side"I am just frankly amazed that anybody, even you, would think that he still had the chance to get fans on side (what do you mean ''keep''!).He lost the vast majority of fans many months ago, most of them by the end of 2013.Only a few slow village idiots like yourself have been stuck in a parallel universe where Hughton is a good manager and we aren''t f*cked. [/quote]Utter rubbish.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Utter rubbish."You are one of the few. [/quote]Obviously you can quantify your earlier statement I presume?And posters on here don''t count, because, lets face it, about 60% here are either fake accounts, or morons. Or both.

"about 60% here are either fake accounts, or morons. Or both"You are a moron, and I''m in the 40%.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"about 60% here are either fake accounts, or morons. Or both"You are a moron, and I''m in the 40%. [/quote]Sure you are mate, sure you are[Y]*Pats you on the head.I have work to do, so I shall bid you goodnight, have a warm milk or something before bed, calm yourself down a bit.

LDC''s pathetic attempt to about turn regarding his mate Hughton.

His morale raising failure lectures on here are based upon us being stuck with him!? Like hell.

No one cares that you, like Morty and a few others, have been wrong in backing a dead horse. But what people are bothered about is just how obsessive and irrational your love of Hughton has been. And just how keen you''ve been to ram it down people''s throats.

There are one or two people who will find it impossible to backtrack from their position, LDC is certainly one of them.Morty has a lot more about him.... a few of us with long memories won''t forget though.

[quote user="Le Juge"]There are one or two people who will find it impossible to backtrack from their position, LDC is certainly one of them.[/quote]

Back track from what?   The position of accepting we''re in a big fight to stay up this season?    That''s what you poor people don''t get.   All you see is doom and gloom and have no idea what the real world is about.   Its a battle to stay in a tough division - this season it has been tougher than most. All teams have had the windfall we have - and most of them had more money than us to start with so we are where were always going to be.  In a fight.  It is worse than we all wanted of course, but margins are fine - sometimes the width of a goalpost or a poor refereeing decision.  

You seriously need to look at yourself Le Juge, Dean and others. You are like a mob prowling around looking for someone to take it out on, when you don''t get your own way.   Well, you won''t get any sympathy from me.   I am as fed up with the result yesterday as anyone - but the season isn''t over  and we still have points to play for.   Grow some balls, or if you can''t do that, find some other pastime that doesn''t make you look like thugs.

"You seriously need to look at yourself Le Juge"They have great low prices on wall mirrors at The Range lakey.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"You seriously need to look at yourself Le Juge"They have great low prices on wall mirrors at The Range lakey. [/quote]

I can''t actually believe another Norwich fan can be gloating in the way you are.

You appear to actually be enjoying our plight.  

Everyone can see it Le Juge.  

You are the one who would rather us get relegated than sack a nice guy. That''s the truth.You even said that you would want to keep him if we got relegated, once something has been said it can''t be unsaid.

[quote user="Le Juge"]You are the one who would rather us get relegated than sack a nice guy. That''s the truth.You even said that you would want to keep him if we got relegated, once something has been said it can''t be unsaid. [/quote]

No. I have said that it wouldn''t surprise me if he was kept on if we got relegated. Slightly different in meaning. 

You also said that you wouldn''t sack him if we got relegated.Don''t make me change my signature Lakey because trust me you would much prefer the one that I currently have.

[quote user="Le Juge"]You also said that you wouldn''t sack him if we got relegated.Don''t make me change my signature Lakey because trust me you would much prefer the one that I currently have. [/quote]

I can see reasons why continuity can be a good thing, but I don''t remember saying exactly that. 

Show me that post.

I''m off out to gallop a horse but I shall show you it in my signature later.