Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Chris Hughton, Norwich City and why most of the fans are right.

I am blood letting . Don’t respond unless you have anything considered to say. Not interested in Inners or outers or any of that sort of shite.

When I saw the team , and some will see I predicted earlier this week no place for RVW, it proved to me that CH doesn’t really KNOW what to do next. CH fiddles and faddels, he makes multiple subs (when we are behind) he has no real idea what to do with his team, but he sets up players in the same shape and formation as ever, and basically, hopes that sees him through. As soon as it does not, (an old fashioned Plan B) he is lost.

Today CH was completely out thought by Mel. WB stayed in a narrow shape , clear and almost too obvious from the Barclay Upper. Our only forward moving players were our full back. Left alone until the ball went to them. Ineffective.

Howson – nailed to the half way line, is a forward THINKING  player, but not allowed to come forward  . We don’t see him in his full potential.

Hoolahan, in the cold for so long this season until his agent kicks up comes back in.  Square peg in the CH round hole. But we all pray he will work magic. He doesn’t, as most of us know, because the system CH employs doesn’t allow him to. WH, a legend among NCFC supporters has become a get out of jail card for CH, Sadly  CH is still firmly in jail.

And then, after a turgid, predictable show of the uninspired, and the unsuccessful, as an almost unbelievable show of ineptitude and hand wringing, the terrible trio bring on poor old Becchio. Of course this is done on 70 minutes. That’s  what managers do with no idea what to do next. I think LB touched the ball once. Because what CH forgot to do was tell the rest of the team to change, and pass forward higher , centrally and quicker to LB. But no, we still passed it across the back four , which bizarrely became a back 3 with the astonishing introduction of the pacey old boy that couldn’t get in the Newcastle team. No idea what he is called. Not interested.

City (with CH )  are down. We can take all of the pathetic “Little Norwich” fans with them, and those of us that really see what is happening can feel as terrible as I do tonight. There were 26,000 fans there today, and  the boos at the end show that most see what is coming. The 6 on this message board that we have all put up with all year can all band together and take comfort in being as unambitious in their lives probably have been thus far. Lets keep CH , because you can’t guarantee a positive change if you make one.

I am gutted this evening, and slightly embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.

Agree with the OP, thought the same thing when I saw the team sheet for the Swansea game, it was clear to me that what worked against Sunderland whould not work against Swansea as they are two very different outfits. Hoolahan was awful today, first touch poor, passing poor and knocked off the ball easily, we needed Redmond on after 25 minutes not 63 minutes, when he came on we did not get the ball to him.........

I''ve thought since the first game of Hughton''s reign against Fulham that the players are constantly being asked to play in a way they are not happy with and therefore, we get what we''ve been given.

I''ve said for a few weeks now (well actually nearly 18 months, but specifically the last few weeks) that Hughton doesn''t appear to know what he''s doing. The 5 changes for Southampton away showed he hadn''t got a clue what was going to work and predictably we got battered. Nearly half the side changed again for Sunderland and although it was a good performance, we were really helped by how bad Sunderland were. As Faded said, Swansea was always going to be a different game and the lack of changes showed Hughtons naivety again.

My issue with Hughton has always centred around the fact that Hughton seems to be inflexible around formation and tactics, trying to get the players to fit into his image of the side, If he wants to do it that way, he''s had 4 transfer windows to buy players to fit his system and clearly hasn''t succeeded. The alternative is that he looks at the players he has and tries to fit a system to play to the strengths of the players in the side. Failed there as well.

Completely agree with OP. I rarely post, get to few home games because of distance and commitments, get to see away games and have suffered from that......I feel really deflated today. CH has not got a clue - he has lost the players, the crowd and the plot.

The drive home was unbearable listiening to 606, and while I am ever the optimist, we are in deep s**t.

I am now really fearing the trip to Fulham next week.

The atmosphere reminds me of the last days of Roeder - not just for the point, but I was willing Becchio to score today - memories of Lupoli at Charlton.

West Brom wanted it today, maybe it was the punch-up last week that did it for them - Tettey, Yobo and Snodgrass apart we looked like a bunch of losers, finally when Redmond and Jonas came on there was an injection of effort going forward, but that must stick in the throat of CH cos that is attacking football.....

Rant over until next time - I love NCFC but FFS we don''t deserve this.

Who to blame?From my viewpoint of the game today the players didn''t seem to know what to do. WB played 2 solid banks of four that we couldn''t break down. I would like to see the Opta stats for Bassong''s touches today - he appeared to be the ''go to player'' for everybody, lots of passing across the back then hoof up front for the centre backs to clear - that''s if it didn''t go straight out of play. These guys are footballers, even at U12 I knew how to play, these guys know how to play if only they were allowed to. Let them play their game!!!!The management team - if you can call them that, I think they must be playing Candy Crush on that iPad- had absolutely no idea how to affect the game, either during the first half, at half time or in the second half.Having watched the team and the message boards over the season it could be said that Hughton is managing by social media. When the boards call for 2 up front we play 2 up front, if its RVW or Hooper the chosen one appears. Bring back Hoolahan - Oh, there he is! Today, a number of people call for Becchio and guess what, he gets a game - and then proves why he hasn''t played all season. If that''s the way to run the club why don''t we all apply to be manager and then have an average of the posts to see what team and formation to play. Then we could have a phone in at half time to see what changes to make.I''m sure that if we''d done that this season we still wouldn''t have made as big a c**k up of it as the current management team.Not sure all this makes sense. Very, very hacked off tonight and venting my spleen.Things can only get better - please!

I''ve posted elsewhere that I believe The Board have stuck with Hughton because the media like him.

Agree with the OP, and sadly am also embarrassed at the manner of our downfall. The Board should have dealt with this before it got ugly.

Lack of Leadership from the top that runs right through the club - The Board, The Manager, The Captains and The Players.

Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.

It''s interesting people mentioned roeders final games as it also reminds me of worthys last year or so in charge ie Poor away performances, no confidence in players, poor signings, same comments in interviews every week, players coming out every week running on about how fans deserve better. Sounds familiar doesn''t it? And for anyone who was at worthys last game, the 4-1 against burnley the atmosphere today reminded me of that game.

Worthington was kept on way too long and the decision to keep him on for so long despite repeated failings on the pitch and no signs of improvement (again sound familiar?) I think started our decline down to league 1. Can''t help but feel once again board have left it too late to get rid of him and because of this we will get relegated

Frankly though, I am amazed that anyone is surprised, or shocked, at the situation we find ourselves in.We do it on the cheap because we have to, we''re a small fish in a big pond.We always have done ( see comments above re Roeder and Worthington) and we always will do, unless we get some serious external investment.Yeah its rubbish, but its reality.We have teh players we can affford, and we have the manager we can afford.

"Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough"Hughton has made 19 signings since he arrived and spent a record amount of money this summer, so if the squad isn''t good enough this season to match the achievements of the last two years then who is to blame for that?

"Frankly though, I am amazed that anyone is surprised, or shocked, at the situation we find ourselves in."With three years of TV revenue we should be below Crystal Palace in the league then should we? With their £15k a week wage cap? When our average wage is £23k a week?

[quote user="Le Juge"]I did.... I want to know why we should expect to be below Palace. [/quote]All Chris Hughton''s fault[Y]

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

I am

blood letting . Don’t respond unless you have anything considered to say. Not

interested in Inners or outers or any of that sort of shite.

When I saw the team , and some will see I predicted earlier this

week no place for RVW, it proved to me that CH doesn’t really KNOW what to

do next. CH fiddles and faddels, he makes multiple subs (when we are behind) he

has no real idea what to do with his team, but he sets up players in the same

shape and formation as ever, and basically, hopes that sees him through. As soon

as it does not, (an old fashioned Plan B) he is lost.

Today CH was completely out

thought by Mel. WB stayed in a narrow shape , clear and almost too obvious from

the Barclay Upper. Our only forward moving players were our full back. Left

alone until the ball went to them. Ineffective.

Howson – nailed to the half way

line, is a forward THINKING  player, but

not allowed to come forward  . We don’t

see him in his full potential.

Hoolahan, in the cold for so

long this season until his agent kicks up comes back in.  Square peg in the CH round hole. But we all

pray he will work magic. He doesn’t, as most of us know, because the system CH

employs doesn’t allow him to. WH, a legend among NCFC supporters has become a

get out of jail card for CH, Sadly  CH is

still firmly in jail.

And then, after a turgid,

predictable show of the uninspired, and the unsuccessful, as an almost

unbelievable show of ineptitude and hand wringing, the terrible trio bring on

poor old Becchio. Of course this is done on 70 minutes. That’s  what managers do with no idea what to do next.

I think LB touched the ball once. Because what CH forgot to do was tell the rest

of the team to change, and pass forward higher , centrally and quicker to LB.

But no, we still passed it across the back four , which bizarrely became a back

3 with the astonishing introduction of the pacey old boy that couldn’t get in

the Newcastle team. No idea what he is called. Not interested.

City (with CH )  are down. We can

take all of the pathetic “Little Norwich” fans with them, and those of us that

really see what is happening can feel as terrible as I do tonight. There were

26,000 fans there today, and  the boos at

the end show that most see what is coming. The 6 on this message board that we

have all put up with all year can all band together and take comfort in being as

unambitious in their lives probably have been thus far. Lets keep CH , because

you can’t guarantee a positive change if you make one.

I am gutted this evening, and

slightly embarrassed to be a Norwich fan.

[/quote]

I responded to this elsewhere but see you were so proud of it you posted it

again in a thread title. It''s absolutely pathetic Beardo. Blaming fans you don''t

have the bottle to name. I bet you''re a weak sniveling little sh!t when it comes

down to it. I remember before you wanted to "meet me" in person. Well I''ll be in

the Nelson after the Liverpool game. This isn''t some kind of threat because I

don''t do violence. But I also don''t hide behind a keyboard blaming other fans

because my team lost. I know you''re not 12. You remember the 80s so I''m guessing

you''re over 40.

I''m more than slightly embarrassed for you.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! I don''t know either of you so I will have to hedge my bets. I''ll have a tenner on Nutty Nigel down in the 4th, and a tenner on Graham Paddons Beard down in the 5th.

I don''t do fights Juggy. Just think that snivelling pathetic post warranted that reply. Even if Beardo''s a weed I''d probably have trouble decking him...

[quote user="morty"]Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.[/quote]

Wake up Morty. These players who you believe are not good enough are Hughtons players! He spent the money to bring them in. He tells them to play a style he wants them to play.

The buck will always stop with the manager!

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"]Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.[/quote]

Wake up Morty. These players who you believe are not good enough are Hughtons players! He spent the money to bring them in. He tells them to play a style he wants them to play.

The buck will always stop with the manager![/quote]That is your opinion.You have no way of proving yours is correct, the same as I.Did the players look good enough today, to you?And pre-empting you bouncing the question back, Chris Hughton isn''t perfect, I have never said he is.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"]Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.[/quote]

The buck will always stop with the manager![/quote]That is your opinion.You have no way of proving yours is correct, the same as I.Did the players look good enough today, to you?And pre-empting you bouncing the question back, Chris Hughton isn''t perfect, I have never said he is. [/quote]

It''s not an opinion, it''s a fact!

I wasn''t going to bounce back the question but to answer yours, no the players did not look good enough.

I don''t believe their ability is not though. Our players have been stifled all season and we don''t play to their strengths and abilities.

You may not have said Hughton is perfect but you do pass his blame and make excuses for him!

And no I won''t spend the time searching the relevant comments.

[quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"]Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.[/quote]

The buck will always stop with the manager![/quote]That is your opinion.You have no way of proving yours is correct, the same as I.Did the players look good enough today, to you?And pre-empting you bouncing the question back, Chris Hughton isn''t perfect, I have never said he is. [/quote]

I wasn''t going to bounce back the question but to answer yours, no the players did not look good enough.

I don''t believe their ability is not though. Our players have been stifled all season and we don''t play to their strengths and abilities.

You may not have said Hughton is perfect but you do pass his blame and make excuses for him!

And no I won''t spend the time searching the relevant comments.[/quote]Its a fact is it? That every single time we have played badly, its entirely Chris Hughton''s fault?Really?Here are a few more questions to ponder. How many of our current players have played for other Premiership teams, and played well? How many players have left our squad in the last 3 years and gone on to play at a higher level with another Premiership side? If we are relegated, how many of our players would walk right into another Premiership team?I think you are confusing "excuse" with "mitigation". Being limited in choosing your first 11, and also subs, due to the overall quality of the squad (also taking into account injuries to key players) is a mitiugating reason, not an excuse.I have criticised Hughton when he has deserved it, but I have tempered my opinions with a rational grasp of the facts, as opposed to a polarised "in or out" view. And if you can''t be bothered to read my opinions, but instead make presumptions about what you think I think, then thats clearly your issue, not mine.

[quote user="Chippy Minton"]Who to blame?From my viewpoint of the game today the players didn''t seem to know what to do. WB played 2 solid banks of four that we couldn''t break down. I would like to see the Opta stats for Bassong''s touches today - he appeared to be the ''go to player'' for everybody, lots of passing across the back then hoof up front for the centre backs to clear - that''s if it didn''t go straight out of play. These guys are footballers, even at U12 I knew how to play, these guys know how to play if only they were allowed to. Let them play their game!!!!The management team - if you can call them that, I think they must be playing Candy Crush on that iPad- had absolutely no idea how to affect the game, either during the first half, at half time or in the second half.Having watched the team and the message boards over the season it could be said that Hughton is managing by social media. When the boards call for 2 up front we play 2 up front, if its RVW or Hooper the chosen one appears. Bring back Hoolahan - Oh, there he is! Today, a number of people call for Becchio and guess what, he gets a game - and then proves why he hasn''t played all season. If that''s the way to run the club why don''t we all apply to be manager and then have an average of the posts to see what team and formation to play. Then we could have a phone in at half time to see what changes to make.I''m sure that if we''d done that this season we still wouldn''t have made as big a c**k up of it as the current management team.Not sure all this makes sense. Very, very hacked off tonight and venting my spleen.Things can only get better - please![/quote]

The above post is so correct. Cant wait for next weeks team sheet it will be a right laugh trying to work out each position for each player.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lharman7"][quote user="morty"]Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.[/quote]

And no I won''t spend the time searching the relevant comments.[/quote]Its a fact is it? That every single time we have played badly, its entirely Chris Hughton''s fault?Really?Here are a few more questions to ponder. How many of our current players have played for other Premiership teams, and played well? How many players have left our squad in the last 3 years and gone on to play at a higher level with another Premiership side? If we are relegated, how many of our players would walk right into another Premiership team?I think you are confusing "excuse" with "mitigation". Being limited in choosing your first 11, and also subs, due to the overall quality of the squad (also taking into account injuries to key players) is a mitiugating reason, not an excuse.I have criticised Hughton when he has deserved it, but I have tempered my opinions with a rational grasp of the facts, as opposed to a polarised "in or out" view. And if you can''t be bothered to read my opinions, but instead make presumptions about what you think I think, then thats clearly your issue, not mine.[/quote]

Yes its still a fact, the buck will always stop with the manager.

Where did i say that every time we have played badly its entirely Hughtons fault?

You are trying to misconstrue the point again.

We have all heard time and time again you think the squad isn''t good enough. So i haven''t made any presumptions on what you think, i know what you think as i do read your posts.

My belief is you are wrong Morty. We have a better squad now than the last few years. Im not saying its champions league material but definitely capable of mid table.

So what has been the problem then Morty. The squad has under performed all season. Who takes the blame? Who''s job is it to make sure the squad doesn''t under perform?

[quote user="morty"]Been saying this for a long time now, but the squad just isn''t good enough.A lot of the blame lies with the players, not all of it is Chris Hughton''s.[/quote]

Agree, players need to take a long hard look at themselves!!! CH not off the hook by any means.

And Elmander again, why??