Sign in to follow this  
Jack Flash

Gary Holt

Great Result last night and a truly emotional Night, but yet again the Gary Holt unappreciation society just cannot leave him alone! For goodness sake, this has got to Stop! He has been great for us - what a buy at £100,000 and a huge part of our success, so please stop this idiotic and persistent negative attitude to him. Whatever he does is criticised, and I am disappointed that many fans seem to have forgotten how much he cares for this Club, and his 100%+++ never say die attitude. The substition last night was spot on as far as I am concerned, - the right decision to replace a wide player for the last 4 or 5 mns with a defensive midfield player. Thanks, Gary, for your contribution to our Club, which I, for one, appreciate. 

Also, did you see how delighted he was for Safri, he was warming up and even though Safri has his place he is such a team player and celebrated wholeheartedly.  I think he really appreciates his job and how lucky he is, no primadonna is he. 

Well said Jack Flash - I agree with you 100%.

On a slightly different note I thought Svensson did very well for the short time he was on the pitch. Really put himself about.

well said, I agree totally and am ashamed of some of these so called fans slating Holt for doing nothing wrong. We won the game so why are we still looking for a scapegoat? What short memories some of you have.

[quote]Great Result last night and a truly emotional Night, but yet again the Gary Holt unappreciation society just cannot leave him alone! For goodness sake, this has got to Stop! He has been great for us -...[/quote]

As one of his ''disappreciators'' I dont think anyone has questioned 3 lungs committment to the club or the contribution he has given in getting the club where there are today - he has been one of the clubs best value signs, period.

I also agree - and posted so - that bringing holt on to secure three points was the right tactical decision last night (yes - I am supporting Worthy for once too). 

However the time Holt was on the pitch demonstrated exactly why the prem is a league too far for and why Safri has been such a revelation in comparison. I dont think my post is a personal attack on Holt but an assessment of his contribution and an expression of my disappointment with his failure to do the job asked of him - to provide a defensive screen for the defence at the squeaky bum end of the game.  

Without challenging or questioning what is happening how do we fans get a voice, express an opinion or get changes made when they are clearly needed - would we have ever seen Shacks without our opinions being shared?  Maybe, and we will never know,. but I for one will continue to voice my opinion on issues of performance on a (probably too regular) basis. 

OTBC

I agree with Zipper on this one.   Haven''t read any moaning yet though.

I have been a Holt hater (as a player) for a long time and I think with good reason.   Safri, Helveg, Stuart and even Mullers IMO are better and/or have played better in that position.   Thank God Safri is finally being given more than a half here and there to prove himself.  Which raises another point, I guess its more Worthy that is the problem than Holt.   Worthy plays the same average performing players for weeks without change - Flem - Eddy - Holt - Drury (at start of season).  Whilst only giving new prospects a couple of chances to make a name - Helveg - Safri - Doc and also Shacks and Brennan who whilst not new signings didn''t get a look in to start with other than the odd half.   It seems Worthy has only noticed, what I noticed, one player at a time, one month at a time.   First of all Shacks got a regular spot, unfortunately for Doc rather than Flem though.  Now Helveg has held down his place and looks like Safri is going to as well.  Three players that should have been in week in week out from the start.  Oh well, maybe its not too little too late.

As Weston noticed though, I too noticed the look of sheer glee on Gary''s face when Safri scored and how he ran over to him, quality team player and a real pleasure to have in the team.  I bet he does more for morale behind the scenes than we will ever know.