Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Durham interview

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2598009/Adrian-Durham-dossier-Can-Chris-Hughton-Norwich-mess.html

The bloke is a bit of an idiot but think he''s spot on here.

Just came across the article. What I found most interesting was that he is clearly friends with Russell Martin and obviously spoke to him after the game. Slate players for their performance, but to bring their families into it? That''s awful, no wonder Martin was so jarred off.

As for the rest of the article, its spot on

Yes, good article. I also remember thinking that a more aware player than Hooper would have beaten the goalie to that early chance - didn''t need to be any quicker, just more alert. It certainly didn''t bode well.

I find it hard to believe, of all the things going through fan minds at the final whistle after a performance like that , of all the things there are to have a go about and someone has a go at russell martins family ? i really find it hard to believe , even on here where there some real low lifes i have never come across that before, what did they say " oi martin your shyte and so is your wife and kids!!!! "  all a bit convenient and durham doing his old mate a favour....

Durham is absolutely right. Criticising a player''s performance is one thing, saying anything about a player''s family is bang out of order. We don''t need ''fans'' like that at NCFC. And Martin has been one of the most loyal, hard working servants of our club.

What all this shows it that there is a real danger of all this understandable reaction to the Swansea and WBA results causing us to implode mentally. I know it''s the long suppressed anger and frustration at the dross that we''ve all been served up by CH for these past two seasons but we have to be careful not to lose the crucial Fulham game in our heads before a ball is kicked. How are the players going to deal with this latest set back - let alone having their families abused by idiots? Durham is right. Beat Fulham and we are safe. We can''t control what CH will do, but as fans we need to do whatever we can to give our players the belief that they stand a chance next week. The Fulham players were full of praise today at their fans who they said were their 12th man and that without them they wouldn''t have won at Villa. Norwich fans have got to do the same for our club during this and next week and throughout the run in to the season. We need the players and fans to come together.

I find that very bizarre.

How would you actually go about bringing your family into a slagging off of a players performance.

On another note - during RM''s interview on Canary Call, I did raise an eyebrow when he stated he thought the players had given a good second half performance.

I can''t remember his exact words.

The fans have stuck with the team, but there is a point when you are just embarrassing yourself in supporting an iinept management team and players who don''t care and can''t do the basics.

We will behind the team at Fulham, but if we are 4 - 0 down after 25 minutes I won''t be chanting any players names. It is our club, I love Norwich City - the players don''t. Hughton has lost the togetherness by his transfer dealings, and there is a massive disconnect between players and fans.

Totally correct FCC

It was inevitable someone would come on here at imply the fans don''t get behind the team.

You cannot compare the Fulham situation with ours nor in fact the great support for my least favourite team Palarce.

There is total and utter frustration with our board and the apparent hand sitting for months. Get rid of Hughton today and you will immediately see and feel a positive reaction from supporters.

Backs to the wall St George and all that.

I can''t think of another set of supporters that would have been so patient as our lot!

The media has been supporting Hughton, saying as fans we have been expecting too much.

Suddenly, what has been obvious for a long time to the fans has become clear to the press and pundits. Frankly, they have now decided to ask the questions of Hughton they (and the Board) should have been asking months ago.

Pathetic reporting where the personal traits of a genuine man have clouded the objective assessment of the job he is doing for far too long.

It''s very rare to find even the slightest criticism of Hughton in the media so this was definitely refreshing.

I the eyes of a lot of uninformed people we''re just some sort of Yeovil sized tiny backwater club who should just be happy with being in the championship every year never mind the top flight so they see any criticism of Hughton as just being a vicious unfounded attack against a really nice bloke doing his best. Another problem is due to the general lack of attention we receive nobody is really aware of of just how bad our footballing philosophy under Hughton is.

Yeah, I hate that attitude. Like we should just be happy to be here. Getting beaten by far superior teams I have no problem with. It''s when the team doesn''t give it their all and fight for every ball. Our players look lost at the minute.

If its to be believed the fan said something about Martins family then the fan should be tracked down and given a life ban from Carrow Road. Disgusting!

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]It''s very rare to find even the slightest criticism of Hughton in the media so this was definitely refreshing.

I the eyes of a lot of uninformed people we''re just some sort of Yeovil sized tiny backwater club who should just be happy with being in the championship every year never mind the top flight so they see any criticism of Hughton as just being a vicious unfounded attack against a really nice bloke doing his best. Another problem is due to the general lack of attention we receive nobody is really aware of of just how bad our footballing philosophy under Hughton is.[/quote]

Its a mixture of both isn''t it. ''Little old Norwich" with there "very nice man" manager.

We all know fans can be fickle but sometimes just sometimes the fans are right.

The media should listen to the fans more!

Durham is a massive wind up troll, his comments about our "odd" club song relate back to us being more in his focus a while ago as a target to generate calls to his shit show. The bloke is the laughing stock of broadcasters, that said he makes some good points about the game yesterday especially the lack of movement between our strikers, although I wouldn''t have just included our strikers in that comment.

"In the opening minute

West Brom keeper Ben Foster was sharp and quick to clear any danger when

a ball was sent through to Norwich striker Gary Hooper. It was a

terrific pass, but Hooper wasn’t bright enough. That set the tone for

the game, and West Brom were better in virtually every department – not

by much – but by enough to deserve their victory."

Now that might be my eyes, but I reckon it was a dreadful backpass and not a terrific pass...

[quote user="FCC"]The media has been supporting Hughton, saying as fans we have been expecting too much. [/quote]To some extent that is true but losing at home to WBA is not something we should expect. At the very least there should have been a point from this game, if not all three. If we have to look upon the likes of West Brom as a big club to be frightened of , then we really have no right to a place in this league.

I have a feeling that CH is bound for a job with the FA in due course. Managers who don''t quite make the Premier League Grade tend to end up there, Stuart Pearce being one of the more recent examples. Or the media, like Shearer. CH was totally out thought yesterday, and was powerless to change apparently. One thing I don''t believe is that he is stupid. He knows he is on borrowed time, as illustrated by bringing on Becchio yesterday.    Not one person in the ground actually thought that it would work. Including the players.