Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

objectively,are we really one of the 3 worst teams in the Prem?

player for player?.......or is our predicament down to the fact that we have one of,if not the worst manager and coaching staff in the league?

if its the former, then the manager must take the blame for buying poorly in the summer/January with a budget ,more than enough to avoid relegation, if its the latter, it makes this impending relegation all the more gut-wrenching and needless as this set of players have been let down by poor management and ultimately poor decision making at board level to have not sacked the manager.

ultimately if we go down and a team like Crystal Palace stay up ,with esstentially a group of Championship players, this will be one of the biggest disgraces in our club''s history.

For Palace, read ourselves in 2011/12. We of all clubs should know not to value players on paper, but on performances on the pitch.

Palace have done brilliantly to be where they are, so let''s not get snobbish. Where we end up will, I''m afraid to say, be deserved.

As I''ve been saying, all season, overall squad wise we are by no means one of the worst three.But, to counteract that, coaching/management wise, I''d vouch that we certainly are. In fact, probably the worst.

Spot on Spartacus - technically good, but chokers. No fight in any of them.

The simple fact is that as Norwich supporters we aren''t really able to give that objective opinion as we are too ''close''. For me, the opinion of other sides supporters is far more objective. Living and working where I do there are supporters of many random sides and none consider us to be one of the three worst sides: Cardiff, Fulham and Sunderland win that prize. I don''t suppose we are too far off though, and tbh it is largely irrelevant if we do sneak into the bottom three as it won''t be much solace!

We have a mid table squad with a Championship manager and coaches.

Under Lambert we were always greater than the sum of our parts. Under Hughton we are not even equal to it.

Should have gone months ago.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We have a mid table squad with a Championship manager and coaches.

Under Lambert we were always greater than the sum of our parts. Under Hughton we are not even equal to it.

Should have gone months ago.[/quote]

^^^^^^ ThisUnfortunately, I''m of the belief that the die is now cast . It''s got to the stage where changing the management team would have little effect. That will now have to wait till the summer.  And, I''m afraid that  then we will be in need of the ''Championship manager and coaches'' that Cantiaci alludes to.The fact that there now seems little point in discussing the merits of this and that is why this forum has become a rather unedifying spectacle of internicine blood letting , point scoring and claims/counterclaims.

There''s no doubt we lack some quality. The amount of times we misplace straightforward short passes is astonishing and we seem incapable of playing a killer through ball. But I feel that''s doing most of the players a disservice and reflects more on confidence and training. I feel our squad, man for man, is good enough to stay in the league.

So, for me, it''s down to Hughton and his lacklustre coaching team. He has failed to inspire the players, constantly downplays our chances by praising opponents beforehand, and, from what I''ve seen particularly this season, appears tactically inept. He is now a manager who has no idea what to do, evidenced by increasingly strange team selections and throwing Beccho on yesterday because, well, why not? He admitted himself they''re yet to "find the right formula", which seems a desperate revelation after almost two seasons of his tenure.

If he can''t motivate his players for the West Brom game, which needed to be a win, then what chance does this side have away at Fulham against a team on the back of a win and with survival in sight? The board should''ve acted months ago but just throw someone in now and you might see a different team, one that may show their real ability and is liberated from Hughton''s stifling.

Relegation, as McNally stated, is a fate worse than death. If we go down, it will be the most pathetic and passive slide into the wilderness that is the championship. More importantly, it could have been avoided and the blame lies with a board who are seemingly afraid to act because it just hasn''t got bad enough yet. By next week it likely will have and by then it will be too bloody late.

If we had all our players fit and available at the same time, especially our midfield, then we could have been a comfortable mid league team. Any manager would have struggled with our injuries and lack of depth to be fair.

But saying that. If we had a manager that could utilise our remaining  players to their full potential, playing them in proper positions etc and showing a bit of leadership, we could have been relatively safe by now.

All shoulds and coulds as we will never really know. 

On paper, no.But we have the worst manager and  coaching team in the league. Whose squad is better - ours or Palace? Who has achieved more - Hughton or Pulis? How embarrassing is that?Hughton is a championship manager at best. He is simply not up to this level and we are going down because of his ineptitude.

On paper, not at all. I think with the players we have we should be mid-table. But the team has underperformed this year. With the exception of Olsson, every player, to a man, has played below what we feel they are capable of. This is where the frustration comes from. Watching cr*p players get beat every week leads to a feeling of desperation. Watching players we know are good players repeatedly fail to produce what we know they are capable of leads to frustration.

The players should have produced a lot better this season, they are all talented individuals. Its not just one guy having a bad season, its all of them. And there is only one reason for that. Olsson in my opinion has been outstanding and clear POTS. Quite how his individual performances have escaped this disease is indeed a puzzle.

When a player has a bad season, usually thats down to the player. When all players have a bad season, usually thats down to the manager.

Mentally if we''re not the weakest I''d be very surprised. In terms of player quality I''d say we''re easily better than the current bottom 3 and Palace and West Brom and equal with Hull, Villa and West Ham. For management I''d say we''re easily bottom, maybe comparable to Solsjkaer who''s also been very poor.

On paper we may not be among the worst three teams, although our squad is not as good as we thought it was. On current performance and results you would have to say that we are, however. All the teams at the bottom are improving and we are not - expect Fulham to beat us next match!