Sign in to follow this  
pete

Why it has to be Adams!

We are going down and nobody needs to be in any doubt about it. When we go down with this shower the talented ones will find other clubs but with fees that will not equate to our perceived value. We will need to sell maybe Ruddy and Snodgrass because £20m parachute payment will not cover current player salaries. This leaves little money to purchase adequate replacements we desperately need.

We need to put Adams in charge with a long term consideration for the future. Neil Adams inspired the youth team to the FA Youth Cup and we will need to rely on a number of those youngsters to bolster the squad. The Murphy brothers, Cameron McGeehan, Harry Toffolo, Carlton Mills and Jamar Loza. I am not naive enough to think they could all step up to Championship level but in 3 years time they would be the backbone of the club. All promising youngster need nurturing long term Adams is the man to do it.

There is not enough talent or spirit within the current squad to maintain a Championship promotion push. It will be a considerable time before promotion can be seen as a possibility.

We have to bring these youngsters on as relegation will eventually see the Grade 1 Academy disappear sooner rather than later. We may never see such promising youngsters.

Bring in Adams for the long term and enable us to identify with the players rather than foreign mercanaries or past it has beens.

Did I mention Adams would be the cheaper even cheapest option with the youngsters on reasonable salaries.

I would appoint Neil Adams in charge today for our remaining games in the Premiership.....then see where we go from there.....

Someone to lift the players. I don''t care who it is. It seems the board, and a handful on here, still trust Hughton. The players looked awful yesterday and confidence shot to bits. Please, let''s have one last push to save our season. OTBC

neil adams will relegate norwich city football cluband im pretty sure he wont want that on his cvthis club has a history of being all rose tinted and appointing people with some form of association with the club and it almost always ends in tears

And a no from me. We don''t need inexperience now we need to throw the dice on someone like Clark or even Hoddle. But is all irrelivent because he isn''t going to go

Bloody Hell this is positive really expected to be slated. Propose Neil because he got the best out of the youngsters and they are likely to be our future in the long term.

Iron Stan

Adams probably would relegate us, I agree. But Hughton is 100% certain to relegate us. He''s lost the fans and the players are performing as if he''s lost them, too. Surely even the slim chance of staying up with Adams is better than the zero chance of staying up with Hughton.I don''t think he should be offered a permanent contract, though. Just loads of dosh if he keeps us up. We can afford it.

Even gunny won his first game in chance.

We need to roll the dice for the Fulham game and agree Adams is our best bet for the short term.

The whole situation has 1995 and Gary Megson temporary appointment written all over it. And those last 5 games back then we''re tough ones also.

[quote user="pete"]We are going down and nobody needs to be in any doubt about it..[/quote]

Couldn''t get past your first sentence.    That is not the case - yet.   There is nothing in the rule book that says a team is relegated with five games to go when they are still five points clear of the drop zone.   There will be twists and turns, of that you can be certain - but down and out we are not.   This kind of talk is just crying over a glass of spilled milk that hasn''t been spilled..............

Nobody really has a clue what to do, do we? This is desperate and hoping that an inexperienced manager could come in and change our fortunes is verging on scary. Glad none of us are running this multi-million pound company.

[quote user="iron_stan"]neil adams will relegate norwich city football cluband im pretty sure he wont want that on his cvthis club has a history of being all rose tinted and appointing people with some form of association with the club and it almost always ends in tears[/quote]Chris Hughton definitely will!

Adams is less experienced than Peter Grant was.

Why on earth would we give him the job with so little time remaining? Is there any evidence that he can deal with the egos in the current squad? Is there any evidence he could have their respect?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Adams is less experienced than Peter Grant was.

Why on earth would we give him the job with so little time remaining? Is there any evidence that he can deal with the egos in the current squad? Is there any evidence he could have their respect?

[/quote]I am confident that we would at least go to Fulham and give it a go. Under Hughton we will concede at least 3 as per the norm. I can imagine Adams firing them up with some talk on who we are and what this means. We owe the crappy mob from west London with the neutral stand a good going over!Hughton I imagine will talk about responsibility to defend and their roles. Protect 0-0 etc... Then when Fulham score they will all look at him saying "what now" Hughtons response will be hope and desperate subs like yesterday. People that have not seen this coming for months clearly dont really get football!

Gunn came in with the club floundering towards relegation - and look what happened. Poor old Bryan got the hospital pass and got the blame for the club going down, even though the decline had been terminal for 5 years and we ended he season with about 5 players that we actually owned on the books. Seeing how some of our fans turned on a club legend in that scenario, would Adams be so keen to accept such a poisoned chalice? Relegation from the championship was not Gunn''s fault, yet he took the blame, and to many he is no longer Gunn the club legend, but Gunn the turkey who sent us down. So not fair. I wouldnt want to see that happen to someone who used to be one of my favourite players.

At what point did Sunderland brin in Paolo Di Canio? Because say what you like about Di Canio and his long term impact, hiring Di Canio was a brilliant short-term appointment which kept them up last season, but of course didnt solve the greater problem, which is why they find themselves there again this season - bit like when Roeder first took over here.

We need IMO a short-term solution, someone to put a rocket up the team in the way Di Canio and Roeder did. Problem is noones going to want to do that without the promise of a long term option. Maybe Spurs played it right with Sherwood - 18 month contract. Got a wonderful bounce in the short-term but beginning to crumble now. Dare I say it, but we need someone who isnt going to make too many friends but has a history of making an impact when they come in.

Neil Warnock anyone? Not sure if he''s available, but has said he has always wanted to manage us, is the right character to get the players performing in the short term and might well be tempted with the carrot of a permanent position should all go well

morty wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 11:12 AM:

Sorry, its a no from me.

But you have already demonstrated that you are clueless where assesing fottball managers is concerned so your opinion on this doesnt count.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Gunn came in with the club floundering towards relegation - and look what happened. Poor old Bryan got the hospital pass and got the blame for the club going down, even though the decline had been terminal for 5 years and we ended he season with about 5 players that we actually owned on the books. Seeing how some of our fans turned on a club legend in that scenario, would Adams be so keen to accept such a poisoned chalice? Relegation from the championship was not Gunn''s fault, yet he took the blame, and to many he is no longer Gunn the club legend, but Gunn the turkey who sent us down. So not fair. I wouldnt want to see that happen to someone who used to be one of my favourite players. [/quote]

Don''t agree with most of that. When posters say '' get rid of Hughton, get so and so in, it couldn''t be any worse'', Gunn is the perfect example of it being far worse. He had a poor low league and turned them into relegation certs. He deserved a lot of the blame, although the board should take the most criticism for appointing him.

I wasn''t necessarily saying Neil to perform a miracle this season which will see us relegated. LDC realism as against blind optimism. And if I say its definite it might not happen but it will. Neil is an option for the long term we need a long term view can''t see Premier League for at least 3 years.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Gunn came in with the club floundering towards relegation - and look what happened. Poor old Bryan got the hospital pass and got the blame for the club going down, even though the decline had been terminal for 5 years and we ended he season with about 5 players that we actually owned on the books. Seeing how some of our fans turned on a club legend in that scenario, would Adams be so keen to accept such a poisoned chalice? Relegation from the championship was not Gunn''s fault, yet he took the blame, and to many he is no longer Gunn the club legend, but Gunn the turkey who sent us down. So not fair. I wouldnt want to see that happen to someone who used to be one of my favourite players. [/quote]

Don''t agree with most of that. When posters say '' get rid of Hughton, get so and so in, it couldn''t be any worse'', Gunn is the perfect example of it being far worse. He had a poor low league and turned them into relegation certs. He deserved a lot of the blame, although the board should take the most criticism for appointing him.

[/quote]

Agreed, when Gunny took charge of us I believe we weren''t even in the bottom 3? That season was an example of where we had plenty of time left - we had ample time to be able to get in a replacement. It might not have been a top notch replacement, but anyone with some management experience would have been better than "Club Liaison/Goalkeeping Coach/Sales and Sponsorship Manager/Chief Scout" Bryan Gunn.

But the board keeps on making mistakes. At least to their credit back then they made a change, but the mistake was getting someone in with no experience whatsoever, just because of a pathetic Facebook campaign by his daughter and because a few players wanted him as manager (probably because they knew it''d be an easy ride) This time around we''ve stuck with a manager where it has clearly not been working (for over a year now some may argue) and p!ssing in the wind. So if they were to make a managerial appointment for the last 5 games of the season, I''d hope we can get someone in with some clout and experience (Warnock), not Neil Adams!! Reminds me of when we got Megson in for the last 5 games in 94-95. That worked out well didn''t it?

[quote user="flecky76"]Even gunny won his first game in chance.

We need to roll the dice for the Fulham game and agree Adams is our best bet for the short term.

The whole situation has 1995 and Gary Megson temporary appointment written all over it. And those last 5 games back then we''re tough ones also.[/quote]

Looks like one win would be enough, doesn''t it ????. Trouble is , if we stay up, I doubt that any changes would be made and we need to make changes or we will end up with "Groundhog Season "

Tim sherwood came in and had an impact at spurs ,  ok he is fairly useless now and being shown up for his inexperience but  thats not the point he came in and had an impact... and that is exactly what we need probably one win  and  neil adams is the man, at the end of the season he can go back to managing the kids.... there is no way we''ll get another point under hughton the crowd have turned even the apologists on here are back pedaling like an Italian army... It''s goodnight Vienna for hughton

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

Agreed, when Gunny took charge of us I believe we weren''t even in the bottom 3? That season was an example of where we had plenty of time left - we had ample time to be able to get in a replacement. It might not have been a top notch replacement, but anyone with some management experience would have been better than "Club Liaison/Goalkeeping Coach/Sales and Sponsorship Manager/Chief Scout" Bryan Gunn.

But the board keeps on making mistakes. At least to their credit back then they made a change, but the mistake was getting someone in with no experience whatsoever, just because of a pathetic Facebook campaign by his daughter and because a few players wanted him as manager (probably because they knew it''d be an easy ride) This time around we''ve stuck with a manager where it has clearly not been working (for over a year now some may argue) and p!ssing in the wind. So if they were to make a managerial appointment for the last 5 games of the season, I''d hope we can get someone in with some clout and experience (Warnock), not Neil Adams!! Reminds me of when we got Megson in for the last 5 games in 94-95. That worked out well didn''t it?

[/quote]

We''re not in the bottom three now either, but if we went down would it all be the caretaker manager''s fault? No, it would be the product of what had been inherited. But hey, it depends on who you blame now for the current hardship many are experiencing in the real world - the current incumbents trying to clear up the mess, or the Labour government that made the mess in the first place. The population is split about 50/50 on that one