Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, over paid

Malky MacKay STOP

Hughton demise is nailed on and is on a matter of when, today or may! I don''t really want to waste time speculating on who our next manager could be however please stop citing Malky as our saviour.

In my opinion he''d be worse than Hughton, he''s inexperienced! really not very good and has only secured a promotion from the championship at a club with a billionaire owner who threw money at the project. He''s unproven and they way he conducted himself at Cardiff during those final few weeks was unprofessional in my opinion.

My mother would call it ''doing your dirty washing in public'' !!! (my mother also likes Chris naught on so she''s possibly faking deranged,)

Past players even good ones don''t necessarily make good managers and that man is not good enough, just like Hughton!

I honestly don''t believe either of those would be better, WoaS (neither would Malky). We need an exceptional manager with the squad we have. And there''s a lot of competition for those.

Malky has achieved far more than Sherwood, why on earth would anyone want Sherwood? As for Lennon, well Hughton would match his achievements in Scotland

Well Calderwood certainly didn''t match anyone''s achievements in Scotland and he is Hughton''s right hand man - what a joke!

If/when we get relegated Malky would be an ideal replacement, just having taken a side up.

The problem is what we do right now: for me there is no point in sacking CH unless someone is lined up and ready to take over (can anyone honestly argue that we are more likely to survive without a manager than with one?)...and in that situation I wouldn''t go for Malky, nor do I think I would I if we stayed up. The problem for the board is just what to do - they have rightly or wrongly stuck with their guy but it does look more and more likely that it might to pear-shaped if they do nowt.

As per usual when it comes to manager talk, most posters can''t seem to get past the same half a dozen names that constantly get trolled out regardless of how well they''ve done before (or whether they''d suit our club and style of play).IMHO we need a manager to come in from abroad, someone with fresh ideas and a totally different approach that will really get the best out of our players.Forget dross like Mackay and Clarke, and look at people like Favre at BMG, or Guidolin at Udinese - these are the sort of managers we should be looking at, not people who''ve consistently failed to deliver well at this level...

I would bring him in now till the end of the season, he''s the only real candidate for the short term. However, if we stayed up i wouldn''t keep him, too inexperienced IMO.

He knows the club, sure he knows the players and still follows us. He has managed to sneak a few results against the big boys this year, we could use that for the final 4 games!

I really can''t take any more of life with Hughton, seeing us not even try to compete in games now is a new low, he has to go!

Well I''d be happy to have him manage us in the Championship and if we get relegated from here it will not be (as it was not Gunns) the fault of anyone in charge of the remaining games.

I would guess that if he hasn''t arrived by now he is unable to manage this season if we could get him it would be a win win situation. Cardiff were far more likely to stay up under Malky.

If I would chose Malky if we managed to stay up under someone else in the summer would be another question.

But I cannot even begin to imagine the pressure an the bile likely to be on show against Fulham and Liverpool. Thankfully I will be away for Easter so I will not witness it.

Hughton is a nice guy and nobody deserves that even if he cannot see it himself.

Where is there any evidence to support that MacKay would not do a decent job. IMO we couldn''t do much worse.

Yes he had some wedge to spend but he still had Cardif playing some decent football in the Championship let alone the Premier!

I didn''t really rate him too high as a player but as the going says ''good players don''t often become good managers'' so it could work as polar opposite.

Complete agree lharman7. The high-handed attitude of some fans towards Malky''s credentials as a credible manager really irritates me.

He did a cracking job at Watford. Kept them in the Championship with no money in his first season when they were widely tipped for relegation. Got them playing some really good football (this is Watford remember) then had them on the cusp of the play-offs for much of the following season, before finishing mid-table.

Based on the great job he did at Watford, he was snapped up by Cardiff and inherits something ridiculous like just 6 pro players on the books. So he has to build a complete squad in a single transfer window yet he somehow gets them into the play offs and to the League Cup final. It was an incredible achievement.

The season after he gets them promoted to the Premier League as Champions and was widely recognised as doing a very decent job in his first season until he got fired. I certainly don’t remember any Cardiff fans cheering when he left.

Malky is well regarded within the game as good young British manager yet morons on here arrogantly trivialise his achievements.

Would be interested to know people’s suggestions for anyone better qualified who we might realistically attract.

A young, ambitious manager who''s got a track record of success anyone? Yes please.

Thanks Sussex - sorry to get the soap box out but Malky was a hero of mine and I''ve followed his managerial career with interest.

I''m not suggesting he''s Pep Guardiola but he''s got ability and is well thought of within the game, yet for reasons I can''t fathom, it seems to be fashionable on this message board to knock him.

If Malky was appointed tomorrow I would feel far more confident of staying up than under Hughton. Sadly it looks like the board are going to miss the last chance to roll the dice.

Let''s be honest about it, appointing a manager is a lottery. Nobody can have a clue whether a manager will be the right fit until he''s been tried. Since 1994 we have had many more bad managers than good ones. The only success was from Lambert and Worthy. And we can''t claim that it''s just us who appoints managers that fail. Look at other comparable clubs. Southampton have found one that fits and is doing well. Swansea thought they had but it was short lived and now they have what can only be described as another Gunny.

I don''t think Mackay has any less chance of being successful as Sherwood or Lennon. I think a lot of the foreign managers being suggested probably wouldn''t come here. But whoever it is let''s hope we get lucky!

Malky is a non starter, he''s on gardening leave from Cardiff so can''t take another job. Same with Clarke & Di Matteo.

I''ve long liked the idea of Lucien Favre Indy but doubt we could tempt him away from Gladbach although I wouldn''t mind Spalletti who has recently become available.

Just please anyone but Lennon, a manager so bad that even in a 1 team league a fair amount of Celtic supporters are calling for his head.

Only if relegated would I entertain Malky, deffo not a first choice for thr PL - rather have Lennon but I doubt his style would fit in at little ole Norwich the nicey nice club.What happens if miraculously we stay up will Hoots still remain in charge? Thats my biggest fear - fluck me what a disaster that''d be!

All club''s call fot their managers head. Even if you''re Celtic and winning the league every year the expectation rises to want more! Some Villa fans are calling for Lambert''s head!! I don''t think he''s fitted in there like he did here and I''m surprised that they''re still where they are. I reckon he will get another season but no improvement and he''ll be gone.

[quote user="RustysRevenge"]I''ve long liked the idea of Lucien Favre Indy but doubt we could tempt him away from Gladbach[/quote]I''d certainly argue that the premier league is a much bigger pull than the bundesliga, and we''re certainly a side that could improve.

Lennon? Did we learn nothing from signing Hooper - it''s a poor quality league, and Celtic have a huge financial advantage over their rivals.

''highly regarded'' like Hughton was. Mackey for me is championship standard and unproven! at best. Agree, disagree, couldn''t care less , facts speak for themselves, his former club are in a worse position than even us and he''s jobless having blown the budget.

And yet Cardiff were never in the bottom 3 under his management