Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Player ratings

There was not a problem with the team yesterday to which the answer was Johnson.

We needed better passing and tackling (tettey better at both, even yest) creativity, howson and Wes better, movement finishing and forward play. How woulds bjs aimless running and erratic passing help??

We needed better guile and pace in midfield, with players in positions to suit them, eg Wes central. Starting one up front essential, elmander & hoopers static play hinderered us when chasing the game

Howson was not superb, but he was hampered by the lack of movement around him, something he was also guilty of. He was not bad either.

The approach was all wring from the 2pm team sheet was announced. Wrong team, wrong tactics made worse by wrong attitude.

Yest just reinforced to me how ruddy is head and shoulders our pots

All about opinions and I stick by mine, like you will yours. A for Wes, does anyone really genuinely believe that he is right now playing for the team? At least that is what Johnson does plus he gives 100% which has an impact on others around him, plus it would have freed up Howson.

Th inconsistency of some of our team right now is scary....  

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

All about opinions and I stick by mine, like you will yours. A for Wes, does anyone really genuinely believe that he is right now playing for the team?

[/quote]

It is hard to be too tough on Wes when he is given the left sided role, we all know he struggles out there.  I don''t think Wes is playing for Hughton, but I think he is playing for the team.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]playing on the left doesn''t affect you''re ability to pass imo.[/quote]But it does limit your options when your game doesn''t involve getting down the wing and beating a man. He had a very poor game generally, including his passing(70% Pass Accuracy), but Redmond (70%) and Gutierrez''s (63%) were no better. Even Snod only came in with 76%.

hoolahan''s job is to find the space, you could see he was drifting inside occasionally without the ball to play ''in the hole,'' which is where he''s best, but he didn''t do it enough. He did well in the last home game in the same position, given the same role, but didn''t have the will to find the spaces or try to get things going enough when he had the ball.

Although when we don''t have the ball he is expected to be on the left defending, when in possession, he just didn''t do enough.

Although his best position is being the number 10, you should still try and get involved if you given a slightly different role.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]hoolahan''s job is to find the space, you could see he was drifting inside occasionally without the ball to play ''in the hole,'' which is where he''s best, but he didn''t do it enough. He did well in the last home game in the same position, given the same role, but didn''t have the will to find the spaces or try to get things going enough when he had the ball.

Although when we don''t have the ball he is expected to be on the left defending, when in possession, he just didn''t do enough.

Although his best position is being the number 10, you should still try and get involved if you given a slightly different role.[/quote]You can say what you want, but after watching Wes play for many years, he struggles to be effective when he starts out on the left. He had a decent game earlier in the season (against palace?) on the right.  It doesn''t mean he will be able to play well there every week.  It is a bit like picking Howson as a defensive midfielder then complaining he had a bad game.