Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Grant Holt

1 goal in 5 Premier League appearances this season.1 in 24 for Elmander1 in 22 for Van WolfswinkelI''m willing to put £20 up against anybody who doesn''t think Holt will outscore them both this season in the EPL. Get this clueless pillock out of our club and get somebody in who knows how to assemble and motivate a team to play to some coherent and logical tactics.  And to think that in November / December the vocal Hughton-outers were the minority being suppressed and hounded out for daring to suggest that Hughton may not be the man for the job.If failing to sack Hughton results in relegation then some heads further up the hierarchy also need to roll.

And how we need him now. Funny how Lambert still recognises the big mans value and the clueless Hughton didn''t. The one man who could give us the leadership (and goals) that we desperately need was let go by the idiot we have in charge. Give me one Grant Holt to five Bassongs.

[quote user="Le Juge"]1 goal in 5 Premier League appearances this season.

1 in 24 for Elmander

1 in 22 for Van Wolfswinkel

I''m willing to put £20 up against anybody who doesn''t think Holt will outscore them both this season in the EPL.

Get this clueless pillock out of our club and get somebody in who knows how to assemble and motivate a team to play to some coherent and logical tactics. 

And to think that in November / December the vocal Hughton-outers were the minority being suppressed and hounded out for daring to suggest that Hughton may not be the man for the job.

If failing to sack Hughton results in relegation then some heads further up the hierarchy also need to roll.
[/quote]

Stephen Ruddy Fry for starters.

crying out loud, Holty wanted out. Crying over him leaving is as bad as crying over Lambo going. I think the majority of us would have Grant Holt back at this club in a heartbeat, but that doesnt change the stituation, so why cry over spilt milk ?

He scored 8 premier league goals last season, more than Hooper will score this season.That was playing under Hughton, in an unfamiliar and unsuitable role.And yet we hear the excuse that Van Wolfswinkel isn''t scoring because we don''t play to his strengths, and that Grant Holt is sh*t. Do you think we played to Holt''s strengths last season as a loan striker?Give it a rest mate. Holt just scored a goal in his 5th appearance (2nd start).

I wouldn''t. Slow, old; we need to think about quality now as well as development next season(s). The only thing I would say is that he was a good captain and leader, something we need more of in the team at the moment

Juggy, in all honesty why are you arguing and getting fret up?Everyone is angry about todays result and only one person has said Holt is poo. Why get so angry? Go grab a beer or shoot things on xbox to get rid of the anger. Your invetablly going to get trolled into an argument and end up appologising for insulting someone in a few hours. Save the emotion for the next home game.

"crying out loud, Holty wanted out"You mean he didn''t want to play for Hughton. He isn''t the only one, Pilkington obviously doesn''t, Hoolahan wants out.Oh yeah.... he wanted to "move back to Carlisle". That would explain why he is currently playing a 3 hour drive away in Birmingham!!!!!!!

Now your just trying to argue for the sake of it.The funny part I dont get is I agree with everything your saying, Im just asking why your moaning over something that can''t be effected, fixed or changed?Hes gone. Make your peace with it.

The reason why he left has not changed.There are other Grant Holt''s.Hoolahan and Pilkington, what about them?What happened to Pilkington being a top player and linked to £10m moves to Liverpool? Why wasn''t he on the bench today? Hughton is an imbecile and Holt is 100% relevant, because we spent £15m on strikers and couldn''t replace him. Hughton needs to go.HUGHTON OUT

[quote user="Le Juge"]What does that mean? We replaced him with a player of the same age. [/quote]

Are you talking about Elmander on loan?

A useless lump on loan?

or

A useless lump who will be worth nothing?

We got a great deal for him. As a club we used him and then got rewarded after he was done, as a club, we played it very well I thought on the Grant Holt front.

Does ANYONE want to play for Hughton?I do think that Hughton''s time is up now but many fans at Newcastle thought he did a great job there and RvW is not the same player as you''ll see in the video of him playing for Lisbon.This is RvW LAST season !!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPfAiYOMCt8

Anyone know how to create hyperlinks on this forum? The "Create Link" button doesn''t work, nor do various attempts at [url=http.www/sdfs.com   /url] etc.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says: "I thought Grant Holt was excellent. He led the line great for us and produced a terrific header for the goal."

And what did Hughton say about our strikers?

If Grant Holt was on crutches he would be quite as fast as the present Norwich City front men and more effective.

"We got a great deal for him"How great will £2m look if we get relegated and see our revenue fall by £60m next season?

The decision to sell Holt was 100% correct. CH''s preferred system is 1 up front and that was a role that by Holty''s own admission didn''t really suit his game as he didn''t have the necessary mobility to play that role convincingly.

He has scored 3 goals all season which includes a extended run of matches in the championship. He also didn''t want to play for Norwich anymore and ask to leave as early as January 2013. Based on all those circumstances, £2 million and freeing up significant wages has proven to be excellent business by the club.

The issue has been what we have replaced Holty with. We have spent £14 million on two strikers who are totally ill equipped to play as a lone striker and have looked totally lost when they have tried to play that role. That is the significant issue here and the one for which CH will ultimately have to carry the can for.

I''ve absolutely no idea - there is even a goal against Man City at the Etihad buried in there and Sporting progressed in the Europa League as well to boot. He has been capped by Holland too. Is it the manager? Is it just not being suited to the English game? I guess we will never know.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]I''ve absolutely no idea - there is even a goal against Man City at the Etihad buried in there and Sporting progressed in the Europa League as well to boot. He has been capped by Holland too. Is it the manager? Is it just not being suited to the English game? I guess we will never know.[/quote]We already know the answer IMHO, and that''s because both he and Hooper have been chronically misused by Hughton and told to play as target men instead of their natural style of play which is almost the complete opposite.It would be like asking Andy Carroll to focus on making fast runs on the shoulder of the last defender (a''la Michael Owen) instead of using his strength and physicality...Teams like Man Utd and Liverpool can afford to sign ''complete'' strikers such as Van Persie, but for the rest of the teams you usually have to make a sacrifice and focus on getting a player who is good in 1 or 2 key aspects and then playing to use those strengths, e.g. Carroll at West Ham as a target man.The sad thing here is that Hughton himself has used both Carroll and then Zigic in the exact same target man role, but instead of signing a player like that to fit in with his system, he instead signed RVW and Hooper - a goal poacher and an old style striker, and then wonders why they aren''t performing!No matter who has played upfront under Hughton they''ve struggled to replicate their previous scoring exploits, and this clearly tells me that the problem ISN''T with the players - it''s with the style of play and inept management that causes this...

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2014-04-05 10:53 PM:

Grant Holt''s sh*t now. He may have scored his first today, but we got rid at the right time, he didn''t want to be here

Pathetic. Short and memory spring to mind!

You''ve been offered the bet, put your money where your mouth is!