Sign in to follow this  

Double edged sword for us re their defeat this afternoon. I think that their title challenge is now over for sure. But Everton are now only a point behind them. So, it is quite likely now that, come May 11th they will not be sure of a CL place, so will not be on the beach.I looked at the run-ins for us, Cardiff, Sunderland and Fulham. I put them into the trusty Reg computer, and came up with the following.If we beat Fulham we''ll finish on 36 pts ( I think we will draw one of the last 4). If we lose, 33, or draw 34If Fulham win, they will finish on 35, but if we win, 32 . draw 33Sunderland will finish on 35. Cardiff on 27SO............ if we win on Saturday, we might just scrape home by one pt. Fail to win, and it''s curtains.Any comments ?

I posted a couple of weeks ago that we really needed Arsenal to be hitting form so that they have their CL place tied up before we play, that now doesn''t look like being the case. Hughton needs to tell the players to go out and put some meaty challenges in, in the first 5 minutes of this match. Don''t get sent off but really hit them, their players are not going to want to pick up an injury right before the World Cup.

I suspect most people who did the predictor a few weeks ago have long since given up on those conlusions. Most of us will have got more wrong than we got right. If we go through it all again we will also come to different conclusions. Fulhams recent performances make their future games appear more winnable. Our recent performances make our future games look more losable. But it will change some more. Nobody''s consistent and it seems as soon as someone looks like pulling clear they give up. When we lost to Villa they pulled 2 points clear of us. They are still 2 points clear of us. The Fulham game is massive now.

A win on Saturday, eight points ahead with four to play, we would be a good bet to stay up.

We have no chance of winning an away game under Hughton, the only option is to get rid.

Fulhams run in H- Norwich - Hull - Palace A- Spurs - Stoke They could very easily win those three home games .

If they do they will deserve to stay up, but we have to give ourselves the best possible chance, that means sacking Hughton and getting 3 points on Saturday. What we can achieve in the last four games will be a bonus.

Having seen Fulhams run in there anything less than 3 points against them and we are down. Somehow Hughton has snatched relegation from the jaws of safety.