Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

Uninspiring Managerial Candidates

Lennon, Mackay, Sherwood and Di Matteo are the names I''ve heard mentioned most often on here.

Lennon seems like Peter Grant mach 2 to me, and I don''t respect what he''s done with Celtic with virtually no concerted opposition.

Mackay is likely to produce the same brand of football as Hughton, albeit with more good will from the fans because of his history with the club.

Sherwood, why? He won a few games with Spurs by playing simple football with good players, he''s been found out since then, and he''s far too mouthy. I also don''t want us gambling on such an unproven manager.

Di Matteo produces defensive football, and is again likely to be similar to Hughton in style.

Bielsa and Laudrup are the best candidates I''ve heard mentioned, but both are unrealistic if we''re not in the Prem. Similarly Rosler would be good, but I can''t see him leaving Wigan for us, unless we''re in the Prem and Wigan aren''t.

So if what now seems like the inevitable happens and we are relegated, who do we bring in?

If we are relegated surely we bring in The dream team of Tom Cavendish and LDC ? [:D]

Maybe you could just read one of the other half a dozen threads started recently about possible managerial options instead of starting yet another one???That aside, I''d be looking abroad to someone like Lucien Favre or Francesco Guidolin tbh.I''d also be interested in Rijkaard rather than names like Mackay and Clarke...

There''s one candidate that would inspire - Glen Hoddle.   Controversial to some people, but still a man with something to prove, judging by the way he talks about football.    You would get your attractive football from a footballer who has universal respect for his football ability, managing and coaching skills.   He would also not be afraid of some of the more alternative ideas of sports psychology that are used so widely in other sports.   Controversial, alternative - but bags of ability - and inspiring, imo. 

I would welcome his thoughts on wiz and why he is in a wheelchair

ps you are getting a bit desperate now LDC, surely you can come up with something a bit better than this

pps where is it that you live in the Lake District that you claim is 300 mile from Norwich ?

[quote user="City1st"]I would welcome his thoughts on wiz and why he is in a wheelchairps you are getting a bit desperate now LDC, surely you can come up with something a bit better than thispps where is it that you live in the Lake District that you claim is 300 mile from Norwich ?[/quote]

Desperate? Noooo.  Hoddle will make a comeback imo, I think he could be the choice, if available, should Hughton leave.   As for your pps -  I live near Poringl....I mean Cockermouth.  Distance mapYou''ll let me off the 10.3 miles, I trust for around city travel???[:^)]Oh, of course I could have  just looked  this up couldn''t I.......how silly of me.  Would you like me to send you my driving licence?  A utility bill?   A  piece of Skiddaw perhaps, or better still a nice piece of shiny rock from Sellafield, where I have friends who work?

LDC at least it is encouraging that even you now accept that we need to look to the next manager.

After reading many of your posts I feel that you are also completely fed up with the two inverted winger tactic and Snodgrass on the right.

How wrong am I?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]LDC at least it is encouraging that even you now accept that we need to look to the next manager.

After reading many of your posts I feel that you are also completely fed up with the two inverted winger tactic and Snodgrass on the right.

How wrong am I?[/quote]

I''ve said it quitementioned Hoddle a few times. People only seem to remember the sh*t I write and not the good stuff! [:D]If Hughton goes - and that''s not a given, if we stay up, Hoddle would be good imo.

As for inverted wingers, I''ve said that before too. Its about the wingers adapting their game and appreciating what they have to do.  I think Snodgrass has improved aspects of his game, but the good stuff he does is often spoiled by the bad stuff he does.  You could criticise the manager for not sorting it out, but for me, its mainly the players that have to learn.   At their best Snodders and Redmond are terrific, but we don''t see enough of an end product from them.    Yesterday it was a team thing.  The midfield were all over the place to start with, Snodders was infuriating for the first half hour - but those wide areas we don''t mix it up enough.  When we do - with Ollson or Martin getting forward too -  it works great.   

LDC - I too would prefer Hoddle to many of the very poor suggestions that have been made.

Unfortunately I cannot agree with you feeling that the inverted winger problem is more down to the players than the manager.

After all, he is the one who puts Snodgrass on the right and Redmond on the left!

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]LDC - I too would prefer Hoddle to many of the very poor suggestions that have been made.

Unfortunately I cannot agree with you feeling that the inverted winger problem is more down to the players than the manager.

After all, he is the one who puts Snodgrass on the right and Redmond on the left![/quote]

Its probably a mixture of the two, if only E. Bennett had been fit - I think it would have made Snodgrass''s life a little easier - and given him some competition as well as a rest.