Sign in to follow this  
50 years a Supporter

Odds Shortening

Don''t want to get too many hopes up but the odds on Chris Houghton being the next premiership manager to leave his position before the end of the season have dropped from around 3/1 at the start of the day to under evens now.

Last time there was such a move was when Laudrup left Swansea''

Current odds are 5/6 Chris Houghton, 7/4 no manager to leave, and 7/4 Tim Sherwood

[quote user="50 years a Supprter"]

Don''t want to get too many hopes up but the odds on Chris Houghton being the next premiership manager to leave his position before the end of the season have dropped from around 3/1 at the start of the day to under evens now.

Last time there was such a move was when Laudrup left Swansea''

Current odds are 5/6 Chris Houghton, 7/4 no manager to leave, and 7/4 Tim Sherwood

[/quote]Hardly a shock is it?

[quote user="50 years a Supprter"]

[/quote]Did anyone see a bloke named McNally take all the 3 - 1 in Ladbrookes this afternoon?

If the market is suspended then it''s pretty likely gonna happen. But 5/6 although sounding short would break a bookie if the word was out.

Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"?

If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?

It all means nothing to me not being a betting man, so can someone explain please what these supposed odds mean

Thanks

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"?

If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?[/quote]If we lose at Fulham I don''t see him lasting the season.

[quote user="chuggs"]It all means nothing to me not being a betting man, so can someone explain please what these supposed odds mean

Thanks[/quote]at 5/6 it means that if you bet six quid on Hughton going and he goes, then you will win 5 quid plus your 6 quid stake back.so bet 6 quid get 11 quid back.

Or in betting parlance,you need to stick a carpet on to win a bottle and a half.ok?[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"?

If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?[/quote]If we lose at Fulham I don''t see him lasting the season.[/quote]If we lose at Fulham and he is sacked, it is a serious case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.  I think he has the rest of the season, and we are going to find out just how bad an error of judgement the board have clearly made.

Cheers for that, I just do not see them getting shot of CH, but I think our best chance of anything at Fulham is for him to be gone

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"?

If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?[/quote]If we lose at Fulham I don''t see him lasting the season.[/quote]

Not sure what difference giving him the Fulham game makes. Why not now?

In my view the board have made the decision to stick with him and that is what they will do. Then give themselves time to make an appointment without panic at the end of the season.

Yes we could appoint a caretaker, the peoples choice would be Adams. But why would he want to take it. Just being set up for a fall, a big negative on his CV that he doesn''t need.

If offered and he has any sense he would do a Sherwood and ask for a contract to the end of the next season and I just do not see that the board could agree to that.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"?

If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?[/quote]If we lose at Fulham I don''t see him lasting the season.[/quote]If we lose at Fulham and he is sacked, it is a serious case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.  I think he has the rest of the season, and we are going to find out just how bad an error of judgement the board have clearly made.[/quote]So if we lose at Fulham you can see him being lined up outside the dugout as Suarez bangs in his usual hat trick while 26k scream for his head?I call that cruel and unusual punishment.90 minutes water-boarding would be preferable.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"? If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?[/quote]

If we lose at Fulham I don''t see him lasting the season.
[/quote]

What is your thinking behind that comment Ricardo, particularly given that you have already opined on other threads that, following the crowd reaction yesterday, you believe Hughton won''t be with us next season?

My own view, if I were a/the decision maker on Hughtons'' future, is that if I had already decided that he will not be the manager next season I would dismiss him right now prior to the Fulham game. That surely gives the best hope ( small as it may be ) that we will see a player reaction giving us the best opportunity of yielding something at Fulham, rather than firing him after a loss at Fulham and hoping we will yield something from the final four games.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]Ricky, it all depends if the bet is "before the end of the season"? If it is the next current premiership manager to lose his job then no surprise. But in cold analysis and despite all the hot air do we really think that we will not see the season out with him in charge?[/quote]If we lose at Fulham I don''t see him lasting the season.[/quote]

What is your thinking behind that comment Ricardo, particularly given that you have already opined on other threads that, following the crowd reaction yesterday, you believe Hughton won''t be with us next season?

My own view, if I were a/the decision maker on Hughtons'' future, is that if I had already decided that he will not be the manager next season I would dismiss him right now prior to the Fulham game. That surely gives the best hope ( small as it may be ) that we will see a player reaction giving us the best opportunity of yielding something at Fulham, rather than firing him after a loss at Fulham and hoping we will yield something from the final four games.

[/quote]The crowd definitely turned yesterday Yankee. Had we got a late equaliser it might have been a gasp of relief but it was most audibly a sustained chant of "we want Hughton out". I don''t know if you saw a stream and heard it but for me it was a defining moment.Perhaps McNally is discussing it with Delia as we speak but it''s no longer a matter of if, but of when.Shakespeare knew a bit about this:-If it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well It were done quickly (Macbeth)