Sign in to follow this  
Darth Catbeard The Old

Is Hughton really just stupid (Or tactically inept)?

I ask this question because absolutely everytime he gets asked a question about how the team attacks or when he tries to boast about how attacking we are it''s always "Well we''ve tried to play 2 up front today" or "We''ve played 2 up front a lot more than many teams this season" Like more numbers up top should equal more successful attacking play.

It''s also interesting that to make us more defensively solid all he''s done is utilize more defenders in the team (I don''t know what this awful set rigid, slow paced, ineffective tactical approach is supposed to achieve)

So does Hughton really believe that to be more attacking all you need is one more striker up top? Does he honestly not understand that a much more effective way of being attacking is by giving the players in advanced positions more positional freedom and licence to make runs off the ball to pull the opposing team out of shape?

It almost seems like he''s completely unaware that our build up play and strict rigid formation is what''s to blame for our lack of goal scoring and that our relatively cheap strike force should be taking their one or two half chances a game.

I mean West Brom set up to park the bus, what the hell made him think that sticking to our usual gameplan of stupidly slow, conservative build up play, that operates only in straight lines but sticking Elmander up top today with Hooper was going to be an effective tactical strategy!? This was a must win game and that was a bafflingly inept decision!

All this leads me to believe is that we''re all right and Hughton really does have even less understanding of how to deploy attacking football than your average fan!

Also Hughton has built his reputation as a good coach, he has been working with this team for two years. WHY CAN WE STILL NOT PASS THE BALL TO A DECENT STANDARD? I was flicking between the Wigan and Celtic games yesterday lunchtime and all of those teams passed the ball better than we did in our game, disgraceful!

His total and utter inability to influence or change a game once its underway tells you what you need to know about Hughton''s "game intelligence." Yes he may have swallowed a few coaching manuals and yes sometimes he gets the selection right and we don''t concede a goal and mange to pinch one and it works but if he doesn''t get it right from the start we are done for.

And still we have posters on here doing nothing but criticise the strikers we have, not realising how difficult it is to play in Hughton''s system.

For those who are still unaware Chris Hughton has brought in six new strikers since he has been at the club, all of whom had scored goals.

The six strikers have produced eight goals between them!

Are we to blame all six or are we to look further at the problem and realise that the underlying blame for not scoring is the rigid, slow, unimaginative striking tactics employed?

He''s also produced the slowest team I can ever remember us having. Without Redmond playing only Olsson has pace.

I believe he is just insane. We all know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]He''s an honorable man and one of the nicest men in football.  [/quote]Not honorable enough to tender his resignation though , winners mostly are not nice and boy do we need a winner .

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]And still we have posters on here doing nothing but criticise the strikers we have, not realising how difficult it is to play in Hughton''s system. For those who are still unaware Chris Hughton has brought in six new strikers since he has been at the club, all of whom had scored goals. The six strikers have produced eight goals between them! Are we to blame all six or are we to look further at the problem and realise that the underlying blame for not scoring is the rigid, slow, unimaginative striking tactics employed?[/quote]

Well said that man!