Sign in to follow this  
Ark

Never say die attitude... about time!

I''m sure this has been covered somewhere, but I thought that the character shown to come back from the bitter blow of Kluivert''s last-minute equaliser was incredible. It''s what''s been missing virtually all season, and for the first time since August I really feel like the team have a chance of beating the drop.

Also on a positive note. For once all of this season''s new signings performed. Let''s just hope it''s not all come together too late in the day!

That''s because the said new signings have finally been given a fair share of games to get it together.  If it is too late than we only have Worthy to blame for not throwing caution to the wind earlier in the season and giving these guys the chance they deserved.

I hate dwelling on the past, but can you imagine this defence:

Helveg     Malky     Shackell    Drury

how much better would that have been and how many goals would we have seen in the conceded column?

Hmm....

I''d go for:

Dixon Keown Adams Winterburn

... in their heyday of course

[quote]That''s because the said new signings have finally been given a fair share of games to get it together. If it is too late than we only have Worthy to blame for not throwing caution to the wind earlier...[/quote]

Can I imagine a defence with Malky in?  I prefer not too!!

I know, but I think the Malky thing has been covered on here a lot. He really wouldn''t have fared any better than Fleming this season... other than that you''ve just named our current defence! There''s an arguement for Charlton etc. etc... ad infinitum...

My post was meant to be a positive one about how great the attitude of the team was yesterday!

[quote]I''m sure this has been covered somewhere, but I thought that the character shown to come back from the bitter blow of Kluivert''s last-minute equaliser was incredible. It''s what''s been missing virtuall...[/quote]

I don''t think we have missing character, we have been mounting comebacks all season, I think we have been missing the luck!!

The luck that we had last night for the best player in premier league histroy to miss an opportunity like he did will probably not be seen agian before he retires!!

Against Man u there were the two handball incedents which I have seen penalties given for less (Leon at pompy)

Good penalty shouts at palace that were not given, I know the one that was given was shoking but it could have been worse, at least we got a point!!

I''m probably comparing it to the Man City game more than anything. Even at two goals up, the team seemed to have some kind of intangible resignation that they would lose it somehow. Last night, despite a last-ditch sucker-punch from Kluivert, they still dug deep and kept playing until the last kick of the game. A lot of teams - even in our desperate position - might have (at least subconsiously) settled for the draw.

[quote]Can I imagine a defence with Malky in? I prefer not too!![/quote]

okay, maybe fleming needs to be changed, bring in doherty or charlton.

But anyhow, i agree....

Think about it, malky was getting a bit slow. Even the young likes of shackell couldnt keep up with Andrew Johnson, image Malky up against the likes of Henry and Lampard......