Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

If Adams hadn't accepted..............

................I wonder if Hughton would have been sacked? The board must have seen this coming. Very surprised. OK, Adams has won youth cup against Chelsea, but has no league experience and board appoint him to get us to survive. I sincerely hope his backroom have some league experience.Baptism of fire this one. If Adams doesn''t succeed, what happens? If he succeeds, will they keep him on next season? If he fails, will they keep a guy with no league experince to get us promoted? Bizarre appointment!

My gut feeling is that Adama would have got the job in the summer. If we are relegated i hope he is retained, his knowledge of the club and youth setup will help but it is a big ask. He needs a old head in the dugout with him for sure.

H

It''s just a typical NCFC board of old decision. The lambert appointment in my eyes was completely McNallys decision and the old head went with. Adams appointment is the old head rearing it''s ugly head again (grant, gunn, megson, etc)

Hope it works this time though

To be honest the Board would be damned no matter what. Yesterdays atmosphere was the final straw, something had to give. Hughtons reaction during play was the same pure frustration we were all feeling. Had he lost the dressing room?

H

Only needs to get them up for the one game, to even consider we might pick up points from last 4 is ridiculous. If Arsenal out of running for top 4 and in FA Cup final might possibly get point.

Win Saturday and we''ll stay up Fulham will be 8 points and goal diff behind. Cardiff and Sunderland are down less form than City.