Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

What the *** is the board doing

why the fuck have they replaced him with adams? adams for crying out load, they''re as deluded as the people on here. I''m not surprised they sacked him, many would say fair enough, good decision, but why adams. Why have we cheapened ourselves to this?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why the fuck have they replaced him with adams? adams for crying out load, they''re as deluded as the people on here. I''m not surprised they sacked him, many would say fair enough, good decision, but why adams. Why have we cheapened ourselves to this?[/quote]

Because Bryan Gunn isn''t available?

Surely that''s clear to anyone with half a brain that Houghton was a monster single handedly wrecking our fine club and we need a young and inexperienced ex-winger to get us the results we need against Fulham, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why the fuck have they replaced him with adams? adams for crying out load, they''re as deluded as the people on here. I''m not surprised they sacked him, many would say fair enough, good decision, but why adams. Why have we cheapened ourselves to this?[/quote]Dont get your knickers in a twist, its only for rest of season, as we were going down with C.H. we do now stand a chance of staying up were as before there was none

He had to go Mrs M and I think under the circumstances i.e. should have gone months ago, this is the best option.

It gives us a chance. Adams will be able to relate to the squad, been there done that etc

Main thing for me is those useless coaches have gone.

Stop crying Mrs Miggins and be happy that we now at least have a chance of surviival, surely that is what you want?

Either because Gunny turned them down or because the guy they have lined up for the summer can''t get in early.

[quote user="Liquidator"]Hahahaha cry smug tears from your smug little face into your own special brand of smug cornflakes in the morning.[/quote]

smug tears...mmm

I can understand why they got rid, but i''m surprised they bought in someone with no experience, like Macgath for example. Could go wrong, or could go right i suppose. Personally i''m pretty worried.

Why not Adams.

He has his coaching badges the same as Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope. Could he really be any worse?

At least he will put some effort into it!

Why Adams! Totally agree we have a huge game next week and I will continue to back the club, players and new manager.

Hope it turns out to be the right decision . Very brave or possibly very stupid.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Liquidator"]Hahahaha cry smug tears from your smug little face into your own special brand of smug cornflakes in the morning.[/quote]

smug tears...mmm

I can understand why they got rid, but i''m surprised they bought in someone with no experience, like Macgath for example. Could go wrong, or could go right i suppose. Personally i''m pretty worried.[/quote]

You''re worried because Hughton, the man you defended to the hilt, got us into this sh1te. We have more of a chance with Adams in charge.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Why not Adams.

He has his coaching badges the same as Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope. Could he really be any worse?

At least he will put some effort into it![/quote]He''s motivated, given the opportunity of a life time and has many years of playing and coaching experience. Can''t see a problem for five games.

It was the only decision the Board could make. I''m just a little surprised that it didn''t happen last night.

And if we lose against Fulham, we can all start booing the board during the Liverpool game...

Who else knows the club and players like Adams? It was the only logical decision with so few games left.

Neil our De canio but he is just not insane. Who else could we have taken on board with 5 games to go any other interim manager would demand a two year contract. And Neil''s a great guy.

Seriously what kind of manager would join a club on the brink of relegation for 5 games, the only option was somebody already at the club and Adams is probably the best man for the job imo and I hope he keeps us up

This might just workClearly the Board left it far too long in sacking Chris Hughton but they ''ve now taken some decisive action at last. Saturday''s debacle and the poisonous atmosphere in the ground sealed his fate.Whether or not five games will be enough to make a difference is the million dollar question but they''d nothing to lose bar a £1m or two in compensation which will be small beer if we do stay up.Neil Adams is hardly '' Mr Charisma '' but it might just give the players and supporters a new togetherness which had all but vanished at 4.45pm on Saturday. Some might say that this smacks of another Bryan Gunn appointment but Neil Adams has more idea of how to manage and motivate players than Gunn ever will.Here''s hoping it all works out...

I doubt that''s clearly enough for the board to see Smithy. Because I don''t think they''d have done it if we''d beat WBA. And most fans had us down for a home win on their predictors. I would say that in their eyes this is the first point at which the gamble was worth taking.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I doubt that''s clearly enough for the board to see Smithy. Because I don''t think they''d have done it if we''d beat WBA. And most fans had us down for a home win on their predictors. I would say that in their eyes this is the first point at which the gamble was worth taking.

[/quote]I don''t think I saw one person (even Lawro) predict we''d lose yesterday.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]why the fuck have they replaced him with adams? adams for crying out load,[/quote]Because he''s City through & through, because he has been in a position whereby he will have a good knowledge of the Club''s problems,  because he knows the players & they know him, because he''s been there & done it, both as a player & manager, because whenever you hear him speak he only ever talks positives, because he has an attacking outlook and because he has a winning mentality and because he is a student of the game.Makes no difference about not have Premiership managerial experience, if you manage a group of teenagers then you can manage a team of experienced players. They only need geeing up & pointing in the right direction & he can do that.It''s easy to make cheap comparisons with Gunn but Adams is a different person, in a different time with different qualities.He''s the right choice.

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Surely Lincoln Canary did?[/quote]Ha, probably!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="mrs miggins"]why the fuck have they replaced him with adams? adams for crying out load,[/quote]Because he''s City through & through, because he has been in a position whereby he will have a good knowledge of the Club''s problems,  because he knows the players & they know him, because he''s been there & done it, both as a player & manager, because whenever you hear him speak he only ever talks positives, because he has an attacking outlook and because he has a winning mentality and because he is a student of the game.Makes no difference about not have Premiership managerial experience, if you manage a group of teenagers then you can manage a team of experienced players. They only need geeing up & pointing in the right direction & he can do that.It''s easy to make cheap comparisons with Gunn but Adams is a different person, in a different time with different qualities.He''s the right choice.[/quote]Sorry, but thats claptrap.I too wish that the gamble pays off, but lets not lose sight of just how much of a gamble it is.

Question: What the *** is the board doingAnswer: Made the inevitable slightly less inevitable

"but lets not lose sight of just how much of a gamble it is"Keeping Hughton and hoping he can magic up just the fourth away win of his Norwich career would have been a huge gamble.