Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Joke decision?

I don''t see it as a joke decision at all. I think the board have played the odds as well as they can after Saturday. Under Hughton we had an almost zero chance of surviving; under Adams maybe we have 10%. The odds aren ''t good but they make sense.Now let''s talk about loyalty. All season long you Inners have accused us Outers of disloyalty for not getting behind CH. OK, now it''s your turn to show some loyalty for five games. Yes, that''s what Adams will have - five games. CH has had 71 (not including his glorious Cup record). So instead of knocking Adams because he doesn''t have any experience, why don''t you stand by him for five games and see what he can do? 

Right so when we were calling for Hughton''s head "we weren''t supporting the club" according to Lakey and his merry band of misfits.Now the table has turned and most of us are supporting the clubs decision, and so Lakey is not the one supporting the club?Adams as caretaker was the obvious move, probably too late but better late than never.If he has just a one game honeymoon period against Fulham he could keep us up. Be nice to see if he has any of his own ideas or perceptions of who should and shouldn''t be playing....... based on what he sees in training and behind closed doors.

I understand how you feel LDC,and others will certainly share your views.

For me it''s a very high risk decision, but one that I can accept and understand, just like I have agreed all along that the board were correct in keeping CH, for this later part of the season until they felt it was the time for him to go based on the bigger picture facts they, and only they know.

As for Neil Adams, that''s a hell of a fast tracked career, from Radio Norfolk pundit to managing an EPL side.

It is possible that our survival could be based all around the next game, and if we get a bounce out of this change, then maybe we come away with a win and that one result could possibly justify the decision, that''s how fine the margins are.

That all said, it''s now really about the players and how they respond.......let''s see.... it''s Neil Adams ex Under 18''s coach vs Felix Magath ex Manager of Bayern Munich.......OTBC

"from Radio Norfolk pundit to managing an EPL side"He has been coaching at the club for almost 10 years.

Not really..... It is from player to Under 14 coach, to UEFA A Licensed FA Youth cup winning Under 18 manager, to Caretaker first team manager.Neil Warnock happens to be a radio pundit and talkshow participant, does that in some way devalue his professional achievements?Hughton went from coach to caretaker for Newcastle.  As has Sherwood at Spurs.

I am sure this will be for the 5 remaining games, not a longer term option.

Personally, after Saturday, there was no option, we need to go to Fulham and win, if we do we are likely to survive as Fulham would need to win 3 from 4 and us to lose all 4. Sunderland would also need 11 points from their 8 games, bearing in mind their next 4 are Spurs, Everton, Chelsea and Man City.

And I''m afraid Hughton does not display the kind of ''can do'' mentality needed for such a match. the quotes, whether true or not in other threads of concentrating on not doing things wrong, does come across in performances, and we need to be brave this weekend.

LDC I admire your backing of CH, but for the Sunderland performance, read Southampton, Swansea, Villa and now WBA, and those were simply  not good enough.

Huge gamble, but I think just in time to make a difference, at least we wont go down wondering, if we do go that is.....

And Mark, v foggy here in Silicon this morning...

"Huge gamble"Keeping Hughton would also have been a huge gamble.It is like walking over to a roulette table and putting all of your chips on red or black.If Hughton is red and Adams is black..... then I''m happy for us to put all of our chips on black.Some would have wanted us to put all of our chips on red. So be it. Hopefully putting them on black pays off.

Le Juge what is it with you, it is like you are trying to read something that isnt there in everything people write and then to top it all off have to double trump them in some quest to be always right......so........

Not really........because it is in fact...... from the womb to Caretaker first team manager.

Oh, and that is in no way is an attempt to devalue Neil Adams professional achievements and I like everyone else on this board and who supports the club wish him all the best of success......deliver a win vs Fulham and he is half way towards the freedom of the City.......   

"I like everyone else on this board and who supports the club wish him all the best of success"Then I apologise if you aren''t criticising the appointment of Adams, which I thought you were. There are quite a few people criticising the club over this though, LDC and Mrs Miggins appear to be very upset.

We were in free fall with Hughton and Saturday demonstrated that only too well. My only criticism is, the decision to replace him is about six months too late. Adams is knowledgable, though, and if he can get the squad playing to their strengths, then brilliant. You never know, RvW might get on the score sheet a couple of times before the end of the season...!