Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Joke decision?

The board have succumbed to the pressure and lost their nerve imo.  You could say its brave or foolhardy, but at five points clear of the drop zone, I would say it was the latter.   Only two weeks since our best performance of the season.   I hope Adams has the midas touch, otherwise that''s it for this season. 

Just hope the board have a decent idea about next season''s manager and it is not one of the mediocre names that have been bandied around.  

It''s clear that Hughton had lost the players and the fans so what exactly do you think should have been done? We must beat Fulham away and under Hughton we have lost 6 away on the bounce and barring beating a poor Sunderland we have been shit for months.

Makes sense to me, getting Adams in means he knows the players and the players know him (to an extent), the gamble is that we are all anticipating a bounce in fortunes and somehow ''buy'' a win against Fulham which will be a massive step to staying up. We were sleepwalking to relegation under Hughton and Adams is actually the logical choice.

I think it is a joke decision (in terms of who they have replaced him with). We''re acting like a League 1 relegated club, not a premiership club, who need to be in the prem. We''ve gone for the cheap option...again....just like the old days. Hopefully the board will explain their decision of the new appointment and not just say, ''well with Hughton in charge it looked iffy''

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 8:37 PM:

I think it is a joke decision (in terms of who they have replaced him with). We''re acting like a League 1 relegated club, not a premiership club, who need to be in the prem. We''ve gone for the cheap option...again....just like the old days. Hopefully the board will explain their decision of the new appointment and not just say, ''well with Hughton in charge it looked iffy''

You clearly don''t know too much about Adams Mrs Miggins

Yeah absolute joke as we have been so good this season and are improving with every game. Needed to get that clown out and no time for a completely new face to come in. Need someone who knows the club and has respect there to come in and try to salvage a few more points. Doesn''t bother me if we go as would have anyway with Hughton in charge

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Wiz"]Not bitter lakey?[/quote]He dont sound it does he Wiz lmao[/quote]Get over yourselves. Its more important than your petty point scoring.

[/quote]No mate, after yesterday it had to happen. He''s a decent bloke but nobody could have wanted to see him humiliated. Its a happy release for him I think.

I love the way the I nets are now trying to claim the morale high ground. Basically we are in the poo. Because we had a crap manager that did not have a clue. We have lost 6 away in a row. A defeat at Fulham Saturday and we are in real trouble.

We would have lost this game under clueless, I 100% back the board on this. I reckon Adams will have them fired up to die for Norwich Saturday. Team talk will be similar to al pacino''s any given Sunday. Everyone is now rallying round had loads of texts already saying I am going to go and take over there pathetic neutral stand.

Now we can move forward as one!'' Great decision and Neil can relate to the players and fans alike from his time at the club and his time on radio Norfolk!''

I wish him good luck in what is going to be a bloody hard task.

But I actually think he may just manage to do this.

Come on you yellows. LDC etc.... Why not stay at home of you are not going to back the manager.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Only two weeks since our best performance of the season.[/quote]That''s your trouble LDC, you only ever see the once in a blue moon performance. Never mind that we''ve failed, and failed miserably, to beat some of the worst teams in the league, never mind that we don''t even show up for half the games & never mind that once we go a goal down to anyone, it''s game over.Under Hughton we have been living proof that there are easy games in the PL

More like the board regained their nerve and rightfully acted hopefully before it was too late. Your love for Hughton has blinded you. His win record is shocking, his away record even worse. The performances have been unacceptable on the whole. The team frequently gives up and the fans have turned finally, in what bloody world was getting rid of him a joke decision?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Wiz"]Not bitter lakey?[/quote]He dont sound it does he Wiz lmao[/quote]Get over yourselves. Its more important than your petty point scoring.

[/quote]No mate, after yesterday it had to happen. He''s a decent bloke but nobody could have wanted to see him humiliated. Its a happy release for him I think.[/quote]

Personally yesterday''s performance was as bad as Fulham at home. We should have sacked him then.

Hughton out is good, Adams in not so, the timing is terrible, and makes us look a joke.

We''re down, end of.

You''re an absolute prat LDC. You''ve painted yourself into a completely untenable position this season and yet you still continue to demonstrate that you know absolutely nothing about football. And I mean, absolutely nothing.

You contribute nothing from a footballing perspective.

Joke decision - not sure, no decision was becoming a joke.

For those who have concerns about Adams - I had the same about Walker over 20 years ago.

Any one with a spare fulham ticket, I''ll have it. Like rocking horse *** now I guess.

Well LDC, seems like finally your Ostrich approach has been blown out of the water.Best choice for all, nothing to lose.Chris Hughton had clearly lost the players weeks ago and the majority of the fans. I think we have been patient to allow it to go this long before things kicked off if Im honest.That said, Chris is a lovely bloke and I wish him well. Shame it didnt work out for him but his tactics had become stale and he had killed the spirit of our team, something that had been a real strength for the last 3-4 years.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-04-07 12:42 AM:

bloodwagon wrote:

Wiz wrote:

Not bitter lakey?

He dont sound it does he Wiz lmao

Get over yourselves. Its more important than your petty point scoring.

Hahahahaha, POT and KETTLE spring to mind Lakey.

Funny, I didn''t write it in the way you lot are reading it.  My thoughts are that if Hughton was going to be sacked this season it should have been after the 7-0.  I would have been fine with that - and said so at the time, if anyone is bothered, which I doubt.  Having kept him on since then, to sack him with just five games to go, goes in the face of everything they have done this season, that is all. 

So you lot have your fun.  The decison may well work and of course I hope it does. 

I''ll give you three other joke decisions all the cheap option. Brown, Stringer, Walker. This is absolutely the right call. It may not work but good on the Board for acting at last. Two months or so too late but gives us a chance. Feeling good tonight!

Can''t see how it''s a joke decision. It''s about getting a result next week. I think most people thought we''d get a result yesterday with Hughton. How many of you honestly put down a WBA win on your predictors. If we''d have won it he''d still be here for Fulham. The defeat yesterday obviously forced the decision to roll the dice.

Whether you agree or not Lakey you need to support the board just like you did before they made the decision. In reality we don''t know more about running a PL club than they do just like we don''t know more about tactics and footballers than Hughton.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The board have succumbed to the pressure and lost their nerve imo.  You could say its brave or foolhardy, but at five points clear of the drop zone, I would say it was the latter.   Only two weeks since our best performance of the season.   I hope Adams has the midas touch, otherwise that''s it for this season. 

Just hope the board have a decent idea about next season''s manager and it is not one of the mediocre names that have been bandied around.  

[/quote]

keep the crack pipe away from your lips ldc, its messing with your mindddddd

We need to get a reaction. This maybe too little too late but thankfully the board have seen what 99% of fans realised a long time ago.

Actually looking forward to watching Norwich City again.

"Otherwise that''s it for the season".

Like the season wasn''t coming to an obvious conclusion under Hughton? You, LDC, are a massive massive fool.

Anyone else other than Hughton in charge at Fulham gives us a better chance of winning that must-win game.

Eat your humble pie. Your love affair with Chris Hugthon should be over.

It was time. Adams should at least be able to fire them up for Fulham, and if the players can''t get themselves motivated for Liverpool, Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal, well heaven help them... will be interesting to see who he picks in the team. Personally I''d go back to the Man City formation, or as close to that as we can - i.e swap Fer out for Howson.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think it is a joke decision (in terms of who they have replaced him with). We''re acting like a League 1 relegated club, not a premiership club, who need to be in the prem. We''ve gone for the cheap option...again....just like the old days. Hopefully the board will explain their decision of the new appointment and not just say, ''well with Hughton in charge it looked iffy''[/quote]a bit iffy !a bit far ken iffy !a manager who was pretty much hated by the playershad set most of their development backwardsa delivered some of the worst football I have seen at Carrow Road in decadeshad lost the last six away gameshad scored the least amount of goals per agmehad shoved us into almost relegationturned the fans against the board .. and you say iffy !well one thing is not if or iffythat is whether you are a cretin of the highest ordernow why don''t you and your fellow apologists sit down and shut up