Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Guardian Article - But Who's The Player?

Is it Wes, JR or Cafu...?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/06/norwich-chris-hughton-sacked-west-bromwich?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

[quote user="Alex "]Is it Wes, JR or Cafu...?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/06/norwich-chris-hughton-sacked-west-bromwich?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487[/quote]Wes I should think.

Very brief comment within the article but quite telling, Mark. Would explain the hesitancy. Saturday''s game just got a whole lot more interesting, will Adams be completely gung-ho or will he freeze under the spotlight...?

[quote user="Alex "]Very brief comment within the article but quite telling, Mark. Would explain the hesitancy. Saturday''s game just got a whole lot more interesting, will Adams be completely gung-ho or will he freeze under the spotlight...?[/quote]Its anyones guess.We have a youth team coach in charge, with zero Premiership managerial experience.People jumping up and down because this is what they wanted should maybe hold off on their delight!

[quote user="morty"]People jumping up and down because this is what they wanted should maybe hold off on their delight![/quote]
I get where you''re coming from Morty, but I''d replace ''delight'' with ''relief''. When it is too late to change the playing staff, the next best thing after demoralising defeats to 2 teams who occupied the last 2 safe places below us, have leapfrogged us was to make a leadership change. I don''t think Adams coming in is necessarily the catalyst so much as CH leaving will be.
Stay up or go down, I''d like to see 11 blokes in the yellow and green who give a sh*t for 90 minutes, and are motivated to tap in to the extent of their ability. Past that there isn''t more you can ask, and if we''d seen that in every game this season, I''d expect us to be on somewhere about 40+ points by now around Stoke, Southampton and Newcastle.

"the indication from the dressing room was that the players, too, would not be sorry to see him replaced.

One

long-standing player, an important and respected figure within the

club, has privately let it be known that what they perceived to be

Hughton''s constant criticism and emphasis on the negative meant the

players were going into games more focused on not making mistakes than

on creating opportunities."

Pretty much what I have been saying most of the season, yet we have had these idiotic bleats from the apologists telling us all taht there was no rift'' Hughton ''hadn''t lost the dressing room'', it was not his tactics it was all the players fault, he was not too defeatist etc etc......  The media have been crawling all over this stuff for months and it was pretty much common knowledge .... apart from the twilight world of the pinkun forum.

It should have been clear as day (as it is most games) that these pointless little triangles, this fast and furious one touch football is totally useless away from Colney. Players were expected to remain in their ''zone'' and not move to give options or to close down the opposition. Hughton was clueless and each protest or attempt by the players to try and change thinks was met with the cold shoulder. 

My suggestion here would be for a bit of silence from the apologists - and maybe if we do have to listen to them then nots hear such infantile bleats about'' careful whgat we wish for''. Instead why not grow up a bit and accept that you gpot it wroong badly, as did Hughton.

No one is under any illusion about what lies ahead, but talking bo llox about so called ''experience'' merely shows up your bitterness. It is football, be it sunday park or Wembley stadium. Eleven against eleven. And freed from what has been said above then it will be that on Saturday, only City won''t have the handbrake on this time.

ps expect a fair bit more about Hughton to leak out 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]Very brief comment within the article but quite telling, Mark. Would explain the hesitancy. Saturday''s game just got a whole lot more interesting, will Adams be completely gung-ho or will he freeze under the spotlight...?[/quote]Its anyones guess.We have a youth team coach in charge, with zero Premiership managerial experience.People jumping up and down because this is what they wanted should maybe hold off on their delight![/quote]

Yep, I think when you read your central sentence then it actually looks very daunting indeed. ZERO experience outside the youth team managerial wise. Yep, daunting. I just hope we know what we''re doing...

not too fat to get round a wine glass !so apologies for errorswould not normally be posting away from work, but it is rather a momentous night

I must admit City 1st, I still don''t know what to think, and although I''m not surprised at the decision, I kind of am if that makes any sense at all!. Part of me thinks this is not a good idea mainly because Hughton used to surprise us with results against the top 6 (and is self explanatory given the run in), but the other part of me feels what could happen from 3:07 Saturday with the ''shackles removed''?. I think we''ll find out a lot about our team on Saturday, I really do - it''s going to be interesting to see how the players react, especially the likes of RvW etc. I also agree that I think a lot more is going to come out in the press, always got very mixed feelings on whether the players relationship with Hughton was as good as they made out publicly. I personally think he was popular as a person (and why not, a cliche perhaps but he was a decent dignified chap), but perhaps not from a tactics point of view. Interesting, if not nervous, times...

[quote user="Surfer"]I think it was Ruddy[/quote]Surely a goalkeeper would be happy with a negative style of play though?[;)]

Ruddy has previously criticized the negativity but could be anyone really.Pilkington?

The thing is, that there will always be some players in a squad who dont like the current manager,some who do and some who dont have an issue either way. Likewise, there will probably be a few of the players who are not impressed by Neil Adams taking over....they all just need to focus on the job in hand and stop making comments to the press, on twitter etc. 

"the indication from the dressing room was that the players, too, would not be sorry to see him replaced.

One long-standing player, an important and respected figure within the club, has privately let it be known that what they perceived to be Hughton''s constant criticism and emphasis on the negative meant the players were going into games more focused on not making mistakes than on creating opportunities."

There''s only one Darren Huckerby!