Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

What have we got?

Some of those who were so vociferous in wanting Hughton out are wetting

them selves that they have got what they want - but what have they got?  

Very little.  A last throw of the dice.  And I''m not impressed that the

board have made this decision if its been done because the fans got

"nasty".   I don''t accept that this was inevitable, given the fans''

reaction.  I would have been more impressed had the board had sacked Hughton in

November or January purely on results and performances at that time. 

But its down to the players now to see if

they can play more openly and with confidence with Hughton gone.  We need them to react to this with determination and spirit  and we

will see what they are made of on Saturday.  Adams will be in charge, but it really is too short a time for him to have any effect other than to make positive noises.  I hope it is enough and we can change historical precedence by beating Fulham for a change.  

Poor as we have been in many games, at our best under Hughton we have been very good and we need that type of performance on Saturday. Adams will be positive, I''m sure - and that is good, but realistically,  its over to the players now...............

Get behind the Board and the manager and stop bloody whining. Trying to create a negative atmosphere is the last thing we need now!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Some of those who were so vociferous in wanting Hughton out are wetting them selves that they have got what they want - but what have they got?   Very little.  A last throw of the dice.  And I''m not impressed that the board have made this decision if its been done because the fans got "nasty".   I don''t accept that this was inevitable, given the fans'' reaction.  I would have been more impressed had the board had sacked Hughton in November or January purely on results and performances at that time. 

But its down to the players now to see if they can play more openly and with confidence with Hughton gone.  We need them to react to this with determination and spirit  and we will see what they are made of on Saturday.  Adams will be in charge, but it really is too short a time for him to have any effect other than to make positive noises.  I hope it is enough and we can change historical precedence by beating Fulham for a change.  

Poor as we have been in many games, at our best under Hughton we have been very good and we need that type of performance on Saturday. Adams will be positive, I''m sure - and that is good, but realistically,  its over to the players now...............

[/quote]

You''ll be an Adams inner before the season ends lakey,  morty too I reckon.

I think you need to stop it with the negativity and bickering and support the team. The next 5 games pretty much make or break this club.  The Hughton In and Hughton Out debate is officially now over.

[quote user="Brienne"]Get behind the Board and the manager and stop bloody whining. Trying to create a negative atmosphere is the last thing we need now![/quote]

Funny, I wrote an almost identical post nearly two years ago......  

Spot on Le Juge, if we go down it won`t be Neil Adams fault but lets get behind him and the players and give ourselves a chance

Now you are showing your true colours LDC.Next week we have the most important game since May 2005, at the same ground, against the same opposition, for the same reason.And all you care about is continuing your crusade against people who disagreed with you about a manager who is no longer employed by our club.And yet you have the cheek to talk about "backing the board" and about "point scoring".If we were to take you and Reggie out of this forum right now we would be left with hundreds of people who are looking forward. You are looking backwards. Either shut up and back Adams and the team in their attempts to save us from potential financial ruin and a wholesale destruction of our club, or just f*ck off.

There was no choice in changing - the whole negativity around the results, team, manager etc meant that the crowd were also so negative that it affected the players such that they couldn''t pass even sideways to each other!

There was also no choice in the manager. Usually the assistants step in when manager goes, but here many thought they were part of the problem.

Lets hope Neil Adams can get the players motivated. However the stats I think often reported when sackings are done and whether there is an immediate effect are pretty much 50/50. Depends on whether Fulham will be better than have been of late, or the season average.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Now you are showing your true colours LDC. Next week we have the most important game since May 2005, at the same ground, against the same opposition, for the same reason. And all you care about is continuing your crusade against people who disagreed with you about a manager who is no longer employed by our club. And yet you have the cheek to talk about "backing the board" and about "point scoring". If we were to take you and Reggie out of this forum right now we would be left with hundreds of people who are looking forward. You are looking backwards. Either shut up and back Adams and the team in their attempts to save us from potential financial ruin and a wholesale destruction of our club, or just f*ck off. [/quote]

You are without one of the biggest loud mouthed buffoons I have ever had dealings with.   The op is a realistic assessment of the situation.   I have been calling out for people to be positive about our club for years, even under Lambert when people were saying we weren''t good enough at the top level and that we were as good as  relegated in October.   When people finally start sounding positive it is good to see - but my view is that it is about two years too late! 

We now at least have a chance at Fulham. Those of us who follow away from home - latterly witnessing the fiascos at Southampton and Swansea - know we would have lost at Fulham with the former management team in charge. At least we''re in the game again.