Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

For God's sake McNally - do something!

Personally, I felt we should have made a change after the embarrassment at the Ethiad. We didn''t and since we sat on hands in January, I felt we''d left it too late and that we should let Hughton see out the season. But it''s clearly not working.

Something is obviously very wrong. McNally simply cannot sit back and do nothing. He needs to take massive action and change something. And do it now. Doing nothing will almost certainly result in relegation.

We have to make a change and we might just give ourselves a chance.

He''s probably now having a very nice lunch, somewhere expensive.An 800k bonus takes a long time to spend.[;)]

This was copied from the Hughton out facebook page.

**From a City fan who will remain anonymous**

What I witnessed at Carrow Road today was an absolute disgrace and unbelievable!!! I''m not talking about the shite on the pitch...we''re used to that...I''''m talking about a poor old gentlemen who sits behind me in the ''City Stand'' and has done for many years...who...when the whistle went at halftime...had the audacity (please note my sarcastic tone here) stood up and shouted out to Chris Hughton to sort it out and booed...the next thing I heard was a little commotion behind us where the directors sit....and our so called Chief Executive David Mcnally was standing there getting in the poor gentlemans face giving him an earful...about not standing up, booing and ''growing up''!!! Well you can imagine the reaction Mr Mcnally got from all us other supporters...he was told where to go, was told that we paid a LOT of money (over £600) for season tickets and had EVERY right to vent our anger and frustration at the dross we have witnessed for most of this season...and he disappeared...next minute, a chief steward ''Bernie'' (cannot recall his second name) came over to try and ''smooth'' things over and said that he was aware words had been exchanged and couldn''t take sides. But a lot of us witnessed the REAL David Mcnally today, I say to you Mr McNally, whether frustrations were running high...whatever....your a CEO NOT God Almighty...don''t think you can use your ''bully boy'' tactics by taking it out on us, the supporters who pay yours, the players wages and keep this GREAT club going and are the bloodline to this club...and will still be here when you are LONG gone....(which won''t be much longer if you keep picking on 60+ aged pensioners for having an opinion!!!) YOU''RE the one who has kept an inept manager in a job, who is clearly not cut out for it, YOUR the one who should have changed things earlier and helped by bringing a bit more proper help in the way of transfers in the transfer window and the BUCK...I''m afraid to say...stops with you!!!...(to be fair, I applaud the fact you did go back and apologize to the gentleman apparently...but there was certainly NO need or justice for what you did in the first place!!!) OTBC

He''s a smug arrogant prick who has been particularly noticeable by his lack of response to the current situation. He was more than happy to gloat when we won a game but goes missing when we lose. He doesn''t care for Norwich and probably has the view that we should be grateful for what we have

[quote user="vlad666"]This was copied from the Hughton out facebook page.

What I witnessed at Carrow Road today was an absolute disgrace and unbelievable!!! I''m not talking about the shite on the pitch...we''re used to that...I''''m talking about a poor old gentlemen who sits behind me in the ''City Stand'' and has done for many years...who...when the whistle went at halftime...had the audacity (please note my sarcastic tone here) stood up and shouted out to Chris Hughton to sort it out and booed...the next thing I heard was a little commotion behind us where the directors sit....and our so called Chief Executive David Mcnally was standing there getting in the poor gentlemans face giving him an earful...about not standing up, booing and ''growing up''!!! Well you can imagine the reaction Mr Mcnally got from all us other supporters...he was told where to go, was told that we paid a LOT of money (over £600) for season tickets and had EVERY right to vent our anger and frustration at the dross we have witnessed for most of this season...and he disappeared...next minute, a chief steward ''Bernie'' (cannot recall his second name) came over to try and ''smooth'' things over and said that he was aware words had been exchanged and couldn''t take sides. But a lot of us witnessed the REAL David Mcnally today, I say to you Mr McNally, whether frustrations were running high...whatever....your a CEO NOT God Almighty...don''t think you can use your ''bully boy'' tactics by taking it out on us, the supporters who pay yours, the players wages and keep this GREAT club going and are the bloodline to this club...and will still be here when you are LONG gone....(which won''t be much longer if you keep picking on 60+ aged pensioners for having an opinion!!!) YOU''RE the one who has kept an inept manager in a job, who is clearly not cut out for it, YOUR the one who should have changed things earlier and helped by bringing a bit more proper help in the way of transfers in the transfer window and the BUCK...I''m afraid to say...stops with you!!!...(to be fair, I applaud the fact you did go back and apologize to the gentleman apparently...but there was certainly NO need or justice for what you did in the first place!!!) OTBC[/quote]

This has actually just shocked me. If true, the man should step down. I had a lot of respect for McNally and believed it was all his great doing on helping this club out of administration.

My opinion of him has now changed!

Having heard and read about the post Vlad666 copied, I can only say, and hope, that Delua Smith and her husband and Bowkett really have something to say about this. It really is not on for McNally to suggest on the one hand that our club is the supporters, without it there is no lifeblood, no club - and then turn round and treat an elder of the club in such a manner! Shame on him, and I hope when Hughton goes, McNally goes to, and the sooner the better. Collectively we contribute to his salary and that of others - YOU DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU!

[quote user="vlad666"]This was copied from the Hughton out facebook page.

What I witnessed at Carrow Road today was an absolute disgrace and unbelievable!!! I''m not talking about the shite on the pitch...we''re used to that...I''''m talking about a poor old gentlemen who sits behind me in the ''City Stand'' and has done for many years...who...when the whistle went at halftime...had the audacity (please note my sarcastic tone here) stood up and shouted out to Chris Hughton to sort it out and booed...the next thing I heard was a little commotion behind us where the directors sit....and our so called Chief Executive David Mcnally was standing there getting in the poor gentlemans face giving him an earful...about not standing up, booing and ''growing up''!!! Well you can imagine the reaction Mr Mcnally got from all us other supporters...he was told where to go, was told that we paid a LOT of money (over £600) for season tickets and had EVERY right to vent our anger and frustration at the dross we have witnessed for most of this season...and he disappeared...next minute, a chief steward ''Bernie'' (cannot recall his second name) came over to try and ''smooth'' things over and said that he was aware words had been exchanged and couldn''t take sides. But a lot of us witnessed the REAL David Mcnally today, I say to you Mr McNally, whether frustrations were running high...whatever....your a CEO NOT God Almighty...don''t think you can use your ''bully boy'' tactics by taking it out on us, the supporters who pay yours, the players wages and keep this GREAT club going and are the bloodline to this club...and will still be here when you are LONG gone....(which won''t be much longer if you keep picking on 60+ aged pensioners for having an opinion!!!) YOU''RE the one who has kept an inept manager in a job, who is clearly not cut out for it, YOUR the one who should have changed things earlier and helped by bringing a bit more proper help in the way of transfers in the transfer window and the BUCK...I''m afraid to say...stops with you!!!...(to be fair, I applaud the fact you did go back and apologize to the gentleman apparently...but there was certainly NO need or justice for what you did in the first place!!!) OTBC[/quote]

Quite shocked to hear that Vlad. Supporters often make stupid comments from the stands but it''s a free country (?) and everyone is entitled to voice an opinion. Our supporters are a pretty patient lot and that over 60''s gentleman (like myself0 has probably seen and lived through many many years of ups and downs as a City supporter. Us older supporters are always the last to turn on a manager because we have seen and understand the fluctuating fortunes of a club such as NCFC.I never call for the head of a manager because I long ago I realised that the decision was not something that I had any power over and it was pointless getting worked up about it. The story of every manager of our club always ends up in one sort of disaster or another. Either for the fans when a successful manager moves on or for the club when a season ends in tears. I have noticed over the years however, that once the crowd turns then it''s curtains for the manager. It happened yesterday so I think even CH must realise that the axe is going to fall.McNally needs to accept that managers and players come and go and they all have a sell by date. On the other hand, win or lose, it''s the fans that pay his wages and we will be here forever.

Well spoken words Ricardo - two sides to every story, but as an elder of the club myself I thought McNally had more sense than to react in such a way. I really do hope the press and media take this up, such an attack by a senior staff member on a senior member of paying public has no place at Carrow Road whatsoever. To say I am perturbed is an under statement after listening to our club captain state that he wants the club to do something out a supporter who he had words with after yesterday''s game!

It appears to me very very evident that management have lost the supporters totally and that can only lead to disaster!

Yeah guys same here. Shocked to read it. If it''s true that''s not on. If you pay your money you have a right to your opinion, as long as it''s football related. Would be interesting to hear Mcnallys viewpoint. As mentioned above, you bite the hand that feeds you and it''s a long way back to redemption.

[quote user="ricardo"]I never call for the head of a manager because I long ago I realised that the decision was not something that I had any power over and it was pointless getting worked up about it. The story of every manager of our club always ends up in one sort of disaster or another. Either for the fans when a successful manager moves on or for the club when a season ends in tears. [/quote]On the face of it, Rick, that''s a fair point, but you are overlooking a small detail here, surely ? . The CEOs/Managing Directors etc are presumably employed to ''manage the managers''. They are handsomely paid (in no small part by us, the fans/shareholders) to fulfil precisely that role. The tenure of the manager should not necessarily, as you put it ''always end in disaster'' . The whole job description of the CEO is to pre-empt that sort of thing occurring and nip any disaster in the bud. If the manager is being successful then it''s his job to dissuade the man from leaving. The impression is that little or no serious attempt was made to persuade Lambert. On the other side of the coin, if the manager is NOT being successful, it''s the CEO''s job either to improve his performance, or, if he feels thatt he''s outlived his usefulness, to replace him. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, McN has sat on his hands and watched the Hughton car crash unfold.So, no, I do not agree with you that we have no power over the decision as to who is manager. I''ll agree that it''s indirect, but that is not the same thing as being powerless.

I would imagine he is under a lot of pressure - ''his'' man isn''t coming off and maybe he lost his rag a bit. It is hardly the world''s biggest crime, and there''s two sides to every story.

I do agree with his sentiments though, booing during play is stupid and wholly counter-productive. I shouted at some of those booing during play yesterday: I don''t care what the situation, and how many games you have or haven''t been to, when things aren''t going well is the time we should be ''supporting'' and getting behind the players, not booing. Do what you like after, but not during the game.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I would imagine he is under a lot of pressure - ''his'' man isn''t coming off and maybe he lost his rag a bit. It is hardly the world''s biggest crime, and there''s two sides to every story.

I do agree with his sentiments though, booing during play is stupid and wholly counter-productive. I shouted at some of those booing during play yesterday: I don''t care what the situation, and how many games you have or haven''t been to, when things aren''t going well is the time we should be ''supporting'' and getting behind the players, not booing. Do what you like after, but not during the game.[/quote]Personally I found myself applauding every pass that found a teammate in the second half yesterday just to try and counteract the constant groaning and booing of the crowd. It''s not going to help the players on the pitch and you can guarantee they''re not deliberately playing badly either. Out of preference I''m sure they would all take a 5-0 win each week and winning the title over losing at home in a relegation scrap.

Personally, I''m not interested in a witch hunt against McNally. I judge him on his overall record during his tenure as Chief Exec, which by anyone''s standards has been extremely successful.

My own view is he''s backed the wrong man and for too long. I don''t think anyone can deny that at this stage, but the important thing is recognising it and doing something about it. That time is long overdue.

I respect McNally for backing his manager but it hasn''t worked and he''s got to do something to give us a chance of Premiership survival.

IMO we actually started pretty well in the second half, creating several chances and hitting the bar twice - but it didn''t take long for the knives to come out. The reaction is interesting: anyone would have thought we lost 5-0 to a low-league side rather tan 1-0 in a close game when some ''supporters'' turned on their players with 10-15 minutes remaining.....

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Personally, I''m not interested in a witch hunt against McNally. I judge him on his overall record during his tenure as Chief Exec, which by anyone''s standards has been extremely successful.

My own view is he''s backed the wrong man and for too long. I don''t think anyone can deny that at this stage, but the important thing is recognising it and doing something about it. That time is long overdue.

I respect McNally for backing his manager but it hasn''t worked and he''s got to do something to give us a chance of Premiership survival.[/quote]Agreed KY. A witchhunt re Mc N at this stage would be counter productive and above all stupid. But, by the same token, he''s an experienced enough business man to know that it''s periods like the last year or so that a really good CEO earns his crust. We can all wallow in glory when things are going well. What is less easy to pull off is to manage  when things are not going to plan.And, despite what some on here have intimated, I do think that if more fans had ''turned up the volume'' on here, other media, and at games, and there had been a little less supine acceptance from the head in sand/easily satisfied brigade, McN would have been left in no doubt at all of what was expected of him by the real people who matter.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]I never call for the head of a manager because I long ago I realised that the decision was not something that I had any power over and it was pointless getting worked up about it. The story of every manager of our club always ends up in one sort of disaster or another. Either for the fans when a successful manager moves on or for the club when a season ends in tears. [/quote]On the face of it, Rick, that''s a fair point, but you are overlooking a small detail here, surely ? . The CEOs/Managing Directors etc are presumably employed to ''manage the managers''. They are handsomely paid (in no small part by us, the fans/shareholders) to fulfil precisely that role. The tenure of the manager should not necessarily, as you put it ''always end in disaster'' . The whole job description of the CEO is to pre-empt that sort of thing occurring and nip any disaster in the bud. If the manager is being successful then it''s his job to dissuade the man from leaving. The impression is that little or no serious attempt was made to persuade Lambert. On the other side of the coin, if the manager is NOT being successful, it''s the CEO''s job either to improve his performance, or, if he feels thatt he''s outlived his usefulness, to replace him. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, McN has sat on his hands and watched the Hughton car crash unfold.So, no, I do not agree with you that we have no power over the decision as to who is manager. I''ll agree that it''s indirect, but that is not the same thing as being powerless.[/quote]I''m simply reciting the history of the club over the last half century (plus) as I''ve seen it unfold, Reggie. I''ve never deluded myself that my shouting "Hughton Out" is going to have very much effect. It didn''t with Roeder, Worthy, Megson and all those others going right back to old Tom Parker. The vast majority have wanted him to succeed and he has managed to balance on that very fine line between success and failure. Our board and our crowd have never been noted for having an itchy trigger finger and while patience is a virtue there inevitably comes a time when the scales tip and there''s no way back. That''s what happened yesterday at 4.45pm. I''ve never seen a manager survive it and I don''t think this one will.

Doesn''t surprise me at all hearing about the alleged words from David McNally to a fan.  I''ve seen that behaviour from home on more than one occasion myself. 

[quote user="ricardo"]I''m simply reciting the history of the club over the last half century (plus) as I''ve seen it unfold, Reggie. I''ve never deluded myself that my shouting "Hughton Out" is going to have very much effect. It didn''t with Roeder, Worthy, Megson and all those others going right back to old Tom Parker. The vast majority have wanted him to succeed and he has managed to balance on that very fine line between success and failure. Our board and our crowd have never been noted for having an itchy trigger finger and while patience is a virtue there inevitably comes a time when the scales tip and there''s no way back. That''s what happened yesterday at 4.45pm. I''ve never seen a manager survive it and I don''t think this one will.[/quote]Hmm...with respect you are giving out very mixed messages here, Rick.On the one hand you are saying that campaigning for the managers removal (eg shouting Hughton out) has ''very little effect''.Then , on the other, you are saying that because the crowd turned and did precisely that yesterday, you see Hughton as a dead man walking, effectively. Then you quote managers such as Roeder and Worthy  whom the crowd /fans did campaign against, and they were removed shortly afterwards.So, you cannot really have it both ways. Either calling for managerial change does have an effect ,or it doesn''t ?!

Looks like we are blindly sticking with him, if it were to have happened I would have expected it to have been done by now.

My next door neighbour spoke to McNally at the away fans event last night. Absolutely sticking with him to the bitter end and fully expecting a positive result at Fulham. No more than a chancer who got lucky with the Lambert appointment.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"]I''m simply reciting the history of the club over the last half century (plus) as I''ve seen it unfold, Reggie. I''ve never deluded myself that my shouting "Hughton Out" is going to have very much effect. It didn''t with Roeder, Worthy, Megson and all those others going right back to old Tom Parker. The vast majority have wanted him to succeed and he has managed to balance on that very fine line between success and failure. Our board and our crowd have never been noted for having an itchy trigger finger and while patience is a virtue there inevitably comes a time when the scales tip and there''s no way back. That''s what happened yesterday at 4.45pm. I''ve never seen a manager survive it and I don''t think this one will.[/quote]Hmm...with respect you are giving out very mixed messages here, Rick.On the one hand you are saying that campaigning for the managers removal (eg shouting Hughton out) has ''very little effect''.Then , on the other, you are saying that because the crowd turned and did precisely that yesterday, you see Hughton as a dead man walking, effectively. Then you quote managers such as Roeder and Worthy  whom the crowd /fans did campaign against, and they were removed shortly afterwards.So, you cannot really have it both ways. Either calling for managerial change does have an effect ,or it doesn''t ?![/quote]I''m not having it both ways. I told you there has to be a trigger. There wasn''t one until yesterday. There have been a few calling for his head since the end of last season but the size of that voice was never enough to trigger an action.It''s a bit like the first Cuckoo, you know they are about but can''t be certain until you hear the call.

Barry Brockes wrote the following post at 2014-04-06 7:28 PM:

My next door neighbour spoke to McNally at the away fans event last night. Absolutely sticking with him to the bitter end and fully expecting a positive result at Fulham. No more than a chancer who got lucky with the Lambert appointment.

That does not surprise me at all, but I have no doubts now that should Hughton fail to oversee a win against Fulham, then McNally falls on his sword too, and should relegation follow, he will resign his position immediately.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Ricardo contradicting himself once again i see.[/quote]Where?

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]My next door neighbour spoke to McNally at the away fans event last night. Absolutely sticking with him to the bitter end and fully expecting a positive result at Fulham. No more than a chancer who got lucky with the Lambert appointment.[/quote]

Yeah sod what the fans think and the future of our club, lets risk it all for Chris Hughtons sake. Negligent to the extreme!

[quote user="ricardo"]I''m not having it both ways. [/quote]Yes you are, I''m afraid, Rick. Regardless of the current situation, are you seriously asking us to believe that fans'' calling for the head of Roeder, Worthington, and even Gunn had ''very little effect ''?Or conversely their requests to bring back Mike Walker ?

Actually think about it more "Barry Brockes " If that is true, it''s disgusting! It''s clearly Mcnally putting Hughtons interests ahead of the club. Him ''expecting'' a positive result against Fulham despite everything and basing that assumption on why he''s sticking with this inept clown is insane. He''s completely lost the plot , relegation this year would be as much his fault as it would be Hughton if that is the case.

"I had a lot of respect for McNally and believed it was all his great doing on helping this club out of administration."eh ?when did that happen ?As to the altercation then maybe it is best to see that both McNally and the supporter were both showing a bit of passion and upset. And if McNally had the good grace to apologise afterwards then all credit to him.However I am rather annoyed that the club/players etc are trying to deflect some of the responsibility onto the supporters by claiming they are letting the club down by not getting behind the team. The fans have been magnificent this season and right back to 2009 when they could so easily have just walked away, as elsewhere. They have not turned on the club, the directors, the owners or the players bar the odd and isolated spat and yesterdays deathly silence in the second half was down to the dawning realisation that our greatest fear football wise was happening and there was nothing that can. or more importnatly, will be done. Even then it was mainly silence rather than vocal disapprovalAny anger and frustration shown after the game was due more to another lacklustre performance rather than the defeat, due to the board''s failing to act over Hughton''s obvious shortcomings. For many, the happy clappies, this is quite a shock as many are those who have jumped on the bandwagon and have not suffered that real gut wrenching ache when it goes wrong badly - not the slap in the face of a heavy defeat, but the realisation that a horror like relegation is now seemingly inevitable.Yes, it is not inevitable, but watching the performance of the players, Hughton''s obvious inability to do anything about it and the club''s seemingly unwillingness to do anything about it either, is why for many relegation does seem inevitable.And it''s why the old chap in the Main Stand spoke out as he did, spoke out for so many who are at a loss to see how we have slowly drifted down to where we are now.He won''t be the last to speak out

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]My next door neighbour spoke to McNally at the away fans event last night. Absolutely sticking with him to the bitter end and fully expecting a positive result at Fulham. No more than a chancer who got lucky with the Lambert appointment.[/quote]

Dear me, McNally is actually just as bad as hughton

then. He thinks we will beat Fulham!! Lol what with hughtons away form. What a complete and utter twat he is then. I now firmly believe that he got lucky with Paul lambert.

We are 100% down now for sure.

I give up hope and can''t even be arsed anymore. This club always finds a way to self destruct. Usually by being loyal to a nice but hopeless manager.

They will get what they deserve!

Bollox to them

[quote user="City1st"]"However I am rather annoyed that the club/players etc are trying to deflect some of the responsibility onto the supporters by claiming they are letting the club down by not getting behind the team. The fans have been magnificent this season and right back to 2009 when they could so easily have just walked away, as elsewhere. They have not turned on the club, the directors, the owners or the players bar the odd and isolated spat and yesterdays deathly silence in the second half was down to the dawning realisation that our greatest fear football wise was happening and there was nothing that can. or more importnatly, will be done. Even then it was mainly silence rather than vocal disapproval

[/quote]Of course your very pertinent point C1st is a perfect illustration of why a football club can never be adequately run as a business in the true meaning of the commercial world.If , for example, you''ve been shopping at Tesco''s for your bacon, cheese, cereals, fruit etc for a number of years, and the quality of said items  falls, then you, as customer, are likely to stop going to Tesco and shop at Morrisons, Sainsburys or Asda instead . You might voice your displeasure to the manager of Tesco, but ultimately, you''ll take your business elsewhere.But if you are a fan of a football club, and the quality goes down, sure you might complain to the CEO, and in extreme cases stop going to matches for a while. But very rarely will you take your business elsewhere. I mean, would any Norwich fan, irrespective as to how bad things got, suddenly decide to cancel their Barclay Stand season ticket in favour of one at Ipswich Peterborough or Colchester ?