Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

In your opinion are we down?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.

What''s the point of giving up with 5 games to go. I hope nobody at the club gives up.

[/quote]
Once again you add your own twist to a thread/topic. No one said give up, but I shall spell it out for you/hold your hand. What is you''re general feeling based on the games played to date, the results combined with the performances on the field, and putting this all on the table do you feel we are heading towards being in one of the relegation places come the end of the season/after the arsenal game is played/38 games played.
There, is that better?

Sadly, yes. This season has a similar feel to it to the 2008/09 season (and as I write this I am finding more and more similarities jumping to mind). A manager completely out of his depth, making bad team selections, poor transfer signings, playing players out of position, appointing someone obviously not qualified to be captain and alienating key members of the first team. Fans fed up of the negative football on display, getting on the managers back and by default the team''s, creating a poisons atmosphere at the ground and generally assisting the current manager to demotivate the whole squad. A board that doesn''t want to admit that they made a mistake in appointing the current manager as he kept us up last season, waiting to react once we''ve passed the point of no return rather than being proactive 6 months earlier when it was obvious that it wasn''t working, then appointing a club legend and asking him to do an impossible job by turning a squad of loanees and players looking to jump ship at the soonest available opportunity into a team capable of beating Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal (OK this hasn''t happened yet, but if many of the regular posters on the message board get their way it will by the end of the week).The only positive to this is that following the dark days of the relegation from the Championship and subsequent 1-7 drubbing at the hands of Colchester was that we ended up with a manager that re-instilled self-belief back into a squad drained of it over the previous two season and saw us rocket up the league pyramid. Maybe we should hope for a 7 or 8-1 drubbing at the hands of Bournemouth at Carrow Road on the opening day of next season, sack Neil Adams after a good result in the Carling Cup and then hire Eddie Howe. Who knows, maybe he has a bigger impact than Lambert ever did and this time three years down the road we''ll be gearing up for our first ever Champions League quarter-final against Bayer Munich (OK, I admit, that might be hoping for a bit much).

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.

What''s the point of giving up with 5 games to go. I hope nobody at the club gives up.

[/quote]
Once again you add your own twist to a thread/topic. No one said give up, but I shall spell it out for you/hold your hand. What is you''re general feeling based on the games played to date, the results combined with the performances on the field, and putting this all on the table do you feel we are heading towards being in one of the relegation places come the end of the season/after the arsenal game is played/38 games played.
There, is that better?

[/quote]

I didn''t add any twist. And certainly not as many words as your opening post which was about 50 words long but demanding a one word reply. My general feeling is that we''ve made it extremely hard for ourselves but we''re not down yet and I think we have a chance of getting a couple of results to survive. Do you think I should give up my ticket to buyback and not go and support the club over the last two games?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

No.

[/quote]
There, is that better?

[/quote]

I didn''t add any twist. And certainly not as many words as your opening post which was about 50 words long but demanding a one word reply. My general feeling is that we''ve made it extremely hard for ourselves but we''re not down yet and I think we have a chance of getting a couple of results to survive. Do you think I should give up my ticket to buyback and not go and support the club over the last two games?

[/quote]
My reply needed to be more than one word to counter your first post, as also another poster read what you posted and told you the same thing, that no one said we should give up.
Are you secretly related to CH? You talk the politician talk the way he does. I didn''t ask for a status check for current proceedings. We all know where we are and that it could go either way. You just had to say YES or NO, as to whether you thought we''d end up going down. That was all.

I wasn''t talking about your reply. I was talking about your opening post. The one with all those words, far more than mine, Neil Adams blah blah blah... demanding a single word reply. I bet you''ve got some secret relations....

I think it really depends on whether we can avoid defeat at Fulham.If we give them 3 points then I''d say yes.If we can steal a point then maybe not. With 6 consecutive away defeats, mostly against lower half teams, I think I''m going to have to say ''yes''.Despite Sunderland''s 3 games in hand..... I think it is Fulham who will catch us if they can beat us.

When we lose to Fulham at least LDC can tell us all how good our home form has been this season.

Sadly, yes.There''s a tiny chance of surviving, I think, if we give the reins to Adams for the last five games. But only tiny. With Hughton still in charge, there is not a snowball in hell''s chance.

yes, now.          the most gut wrenching thing about it all is that we do no have one of the third worst group of players in the Premier League, what will relegate us is the fact that we have one of ,if not the worst manager and coaching staff in the division.

Yes unfortunately, while the wonderful squad at hull sit in mid table safety and have a nice little trip to Wembley. Its enough to make you cry.

No. We are nowhere near safe but how can anyone say we are down with us outside the bottom 3 and with 5 games remaining.

Supporters are questioning the players and their will to fight, but it does seem that some of us aren''t exactly up for it either.

One win, however unlikely it may seem, would still put us almost safe and I can see us getting one. Certainly the alternative, that we lose them all, would surely see us down and quite rightly, on a run of 7 defeats.

My concern is that CH appeared to blame the fans for the defeat saying that we needed a shot on goal or a lucky goal to get the confidence back into the supporters and therefore the team.

What will happen when all those

nasty Fulham fans start shouting at them?

We look like a self fulfilling prophecy at the moment.

QPR fan in peace.

I think you''ll stay up.

Genuinely can''t see how a team that has already conceded 74 goals this season is going to stay up at your expense. It''d be a travesty if Fulham survive imo.

Fulham''s abysmal goal difference is effectively an extra point you have on them, so really its a 6 point lead between you and them.

You certainly have your problems but I think that a draw will be enough for you next weekend, even if you don''t pick up another point in your last 4 games.

A draw would mean that Fulham would need to win 2 of 3 against Spurs, Hull and Palace which I genuinely can''t see Fulham getting.

Their defence is historically bad and it will rear its ugly head in those remaining matches. You pretty much have the chance to save your asses and send Fulham down next weekend.

I think you have one more decent result left in you and you''ll get that next weekend at the Cottage.

Hughton or not, you deserve to stay up far more than Fulham who have been sh*te all season long and ran into a Villa side that''s already safe and stopped caring once Benteke''s season was lost to injury.

This was nailed on when Hughton joined the club. It was obvious that playing the way we did last season was going to be risky long term. You don''t stay up on draws alone. The falsely lofty 11th place finish papered over some absolutely terrible performances and ultimately we relied on other teams being equally cr@p.Worked after a fashion I suppose, but this season has seen a further decline despite adding plenty of new faces and a much touted strike force. Of course this hasn''t panned out too well - is it tactics or are these usually prolific strikers pants? I''ve given up trying to work it out.Not too long ago Norwich were known for playing proper football passing the ball around, but now they seem to lack desire and confidence on the ball (no pun intended).A loss against Fulham will send us down - somewhat fitting that its Fulham once again that will decide our fate.

My heart tells me we have two further chances to save our season. Firstly, against Fulham next week and then against Arsenal on the final day who will be very fragile. My head tells me that there is no logical evidence to suggest we will win again this season. That effectively means Fulham have 4 games after next week to find 3 points to overhaul - sadly I think they''ll pull it off.

What surprises me is how no one is mentioning Sunderland??? While they have been awful, they have 8 games left still and are only 7 points behind. That means they could afford to throw away 5 games and still overhaul us on GD if we only manage 2 draws.
We have a much chance of finishing 14th-15th as we still do 19th. Only Cardiff won''t overtake us, but as for the other 2 its still very possible.

Well in your opinion we''re already down so they''re all irrelevant. I don''t think we''re down yet so the other results are relevant to my point of view. I don''t think Sunderland will get more than 34 points. I did think they''d get 37 before they lost to West Ham. But as I said elsewhere I get most of those predictions wrong and strongly suspect I''m not alone in that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well in your opinion we''re already down so they''re all irrelevant. I don''t think we''re down yet so the other results are relevant to my point of view. I don''t think Sunderland will get more than 34 points. I did think they''d get 37 before they lost to West Ham. But as I said elsewhere I get most of those predictions wrong and strongly suspect I''m not alone in that.

[/quote]
You''re a miserable plank aren''t you!
Obviously the results of others are what will catch us if we are to be relegated, so they are more than relevant. 

Yes.

I generally choose to be optimistic in life but I have already decided to accept we''re down. That way, any other outcome will be a welcome bonus!

Onwards and upwards...