Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Tony Pulis again!

So many criticized me back in November when I dared to suggest that this guy would get the best out of our misfiring forward line, some of the comments I seem to remember went along the lines of, we are norwich we play ''football'' not hoof ball & we never want that chav at our club etc etc, well let me tell you the crap we have had to put up with since that time is far worse than anything he would have served up.

I intended to wait until the end of the season until I revisited the subject but after watching this latest debacle I feel it''s time to ask those that criticized my observation what they think now....? & Instead of coming out with usual condescending ''I know better than you, pant wetter'' comments try & actually justify why this excuse for a manager is still at our club, I really believe the only hope we have of getting out of this mess is to get rid the entire coaching set up & HOPING!! that the ''new man effect'' lifts the gloom enough to inspire one good performance, because it''s clear that the players are now totally flat & unless something changes to give them fresh impudence next week, we may suffer some crushing defeats in the notorious final 4 games & slip out of the premiership with a whimper.

Points scoring!! (Would be nice wouldn''t it!)

Perhaps not, fact is there are some on here that preach, ridicule & belittle other posters just for having a different opinion to there''s, even though they never actively contribute treads of there own, so when these posters are proved wrong it''s rather satisfying to say actually you''re not the font of all knowledge & that sometimes other posters views have merit & deserve discussing, but point taken LC

[quote user="im spartacus"]Don''t be shy in paying up morty [;)][/quote]

Mmmmmm! Very quite on that front, not even a..."stop worrying judge him at the end of the season!!"

[quote user="mrs miggins"]No-one should have to watch a tony pulis side. I wouldn''t wish it on anyone[/quote]Pullis 100 times better manager than Little Chrissie Who and the style of football is no worse either , had we had Pullis in charge since December we would have been safe weeks ago .

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 12:40 PM:

No-one should have to watch a tony pulis side. I wouldn''t wish it on anyone

Says a poster who has been defending clueless all season, unbelievable double standards.

Six of the bottom teams changed their manager, they can''t all go down. Having said that, Crystal Palace are no doubt congratulating themselves on having done the right thing and on the evidence nobody could disagree. Meanwhile West Ham are probably glad they stuck with big Sam.It''s all swings and roundabouts.Either way, some will have been right and some will have been wrong.

Mrs Miggins mock his style if you wish, I think you are wrong! Simple as that, time & time again you post the same old stuff defending the indefensible, I respect your loyalty & your right to your opinions,

defending the indefensible i am not.

Only unless you''re the most boring, unimaginative, complacent person would you want tony pulis.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]defending the indefensible i am not.

Only unless you''re the most boring, unimaginative, complacent person would you want tony pulis.[/quote]compared to the clueless twonk  steering us to relegation with his foot down on the accelerator  tony pulis is like bloody  pep guardiola , the only complacency has come from the likes of yourself 

Tony Pulis has a great record, never been relegated, able to create solid, organised mid table teams with average squads.

But the price to pay is too much. Watching a Pulis side play is barely football at all.

Only unless you''re the most boring, unimaginative, complacent person would you want tony pulis.[/quote]
Yeah a comprehensive 3-0 (THAT''S THREE GOALS!!!!!) away win with a wonder goal for the third running at the defence - how boring......

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="mrs miggins"]defending the indefensible i am not.

Only unless you''re the most boring, unimaginative, complacent person would you want tony pulis.[/quote]compared to the clueless twonk  steering us to relegation with his foot down on the accelerator  tony pulis is like bloody  pep guardiola , the only complacency has come from the likes of yourself  [/quote]

I think the fact that you''ve compared pulis to guardiola is enough for me to realise there is no point bothering to reply.

[quote user="funny old game"]So many criticized me back in November when I dared to suggest that this guy would get the best out of our misfiring forward line, some of the comments I seem to remember went along the lines of, we are norwich we play ''football'' not hoof ball & we never want that chav at our club etc etc, well let me tell you the crap we have had to put up with since that time is far worse than anything he would have served up.

I intended to wait until the end of the season until I revisited the subject but after watching this latest debacle I feel it''s time to ask those that criticized my observation what they think now....? & Instead of coming out with usual condescending ''I know better than you, pant wetter'' comments try & actually justify why this excuse for a manager is still at our club, I really believe the only hope we have of getting out of this mess is to get rid the entire coaching set up & HOPING!! that the ''new man effect'' lifts the gloom enough to inspire one good performance, because it''s clear that the players are now totally flat & unless something changes to give them fresh impudence next week, we may suffer some crushing defeats in the notorious final 4 games & slip out of the premiership with a whimper.[/quote]

Yep funny old game, what''s been posted is a matter of record. You did rather eff & jeff a lot with most of the real abuse coming from your goodself but amongst it all you did say you thought we''d have been better off with a direct style.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2988380/ShowPost.aspx#2988380

Only unless you''re the most boring, unimaginative, complacent person would you want tony pulis.[/quote]

You clearly suffer from non of these do you! your imagination is running wild if you consider the brand of football being dished up week after week is acceptable, I would wager that the vast majority of people inside carrow road yesterday would be delighted to have witnessed a performance akin to the game down at Cardiff.

Complacent!! Have you looked at the league table lately, pull your head out of the sand.

Boring, only thing boring is the negative tactics produced time & time again & your rather weak effort to belittle anyone who dares to suggest hughton isn''t the right man for the job! Why don''t you offer a decent argument to back up your opinion,

Ultimately everyone wants the same thing - for NCFC to remain a top flight club

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="mrs miggins"]defending the indefensible i am not.

Only unless you''re the most boring, unimaginative, complacent person would you want tony pulis.[/quote]compared to the clueless twonk  steering us to relegation with his foot down on the accelerator  tony pulis is like bloody  pep guardiola , the only complacency has come from the likes of yourself  [/quote]

I think the fact that you''ve compared pulis to guardiola is enough for me to realise there is no point bothering to reply.[/quote]i compared him to guardiola  cos hughton makes him look that good [:$]

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Tony Pulis has a great record, never been relegated, able to create solid, organised mid table teams with average squads. But the price to pay is too much. Watching a Pulis side play is barely football at all.[/quote] 

Pretty much spot on.[Y] 

Oh dear, should we truly be lamenting the style of play of a Tony Pulis side when we have won 18 from 73 matches approx under the guidance of Mr Hughton, who for the record has a win ratio of 29.7% compared to Pulis 36.64 at Stoke, and 40.91 at a Palace!

Just a fact - take note Purple!

It genuinely saddens me that football has become so focused about the money and the end results, that the football itself is now seen as almost an irrelevance.The fact that managers like Pulis will consistently be employed, despite getting teams to play the most god awful, anti-football you can imagine is beyond ridiculous (hence why so many Stoke fans eventually threw their teddies out of the pram because of it), and if that''s the only way to stay in this league, then f**k it, I''d rather play in the Championship tbh...

But Pink Un messageboard rule #143 clearly states

when we lose, it''s about results, and when we win it''s about entertainment.

Reckon Pulis would get six games before the abuse rolled in.

At the end of the day most supporters want to see winning football. Style is certainly one for the purists. Pulis is a master at outwitting the finest coaches in the Prem. Wenger v Pulis is a joy to watch and Wenger regularly comes second. Unbelievably Stoke wanted him out. Unbelievably those not so happy Hammers want Allardyce out. In both cases I would advise them to be careful what they wish for. I know Hughes has carried on with Stokes survival this season but he still had a Pulis legacy. I''m not so sure he can sustain it like Pulis did.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Oh dear, should we truly be lamenting the style of play of a Tony Pulis side when we have won 18 from 73 matches approx under the guidance of Mr Hughton, who for the record has a win ratio of 29.7% compared to Pulis 36.64 at Stoke, and 40.91 at a Palace! Just a fact - take note Purple![/quote]

It''s his style of football not his results that matter. Yes we''d probably be more comfortable but the fans would still be whinging.

Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 6:31 PM:

It genuinely saddens me that football has become so focused about the money and the end results, that the football itself is now seen as almost an irrelevance.

The fact that managers like Pulis will consistently be employed, despite getting teams to play the most god awful, anti-football you can imagine is beyond ridiculous (hence why so many Stoke fans eventually threw their teddies out of the pram because of it), and if that''s the only way to stay in this league, then f**k it, I''d rather play in the Championship tbh...

He gave Stoke a sustained presence in the League, he was never going to take them any further with his style of football but he certainly gave the club a stong base to push on from. Spent a lot of money in the process though!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]But Pink Un messageboard rule #143 clearly states when we lose, it''s about results, and when we win it''s about entertainment. Reckon Pulis would get six games before the abuse rolled in.[/quote]

Ain''t that the truth.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Pulis is a master at outwitting the finest coaches in the Prem.[/quote]Kicking seventeen shades of $hit out of the opposition all game, then scoring 10 mins before the end from a corner where your 7ft tall striker falls over and accidentally overhead kicks the ball into the net is NOT outwitting the opposition...[quote]Unbelievably Stoke wanted him out.[/quote]Because most fans won''t pay £30-£50 per game to watch utter dross (even if you get a result here and there) for very long, eventually you want to see your team playing football like others in the league with a style that is far more pleasing on the eye and technically strong.[quote]Unbelievably those not so happy Hammers want Allardyce out.[/quote]Same point as above.[quote]In both cases I would advise them to be careful what they wish for.[/quote]Why is it so wrong to want to watch your team play entertaining football (especially when you''ve paid a lot of money to do so), instead of grinding out the odd 1-0 result through incredibly negative play and looking to score from a set piece???

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="funny old game"]So many criticized me back in November when I dared to suggest that this guy would get the best out of our misfiring forward line, some of the comments I seem to remember went along the lines of, we are norwich we play ''football'' not hoof ball & we never want that chav at our club etc etc, well let me tell you the crap we have had to put up with since that time is far worse than anything he would have served up.

Nutty Nigel you''re correct to a point but you are exaggerating a little, I did use the f word once but I felt fully justified if you read the whole post "mr chops" told me to never post an opinion again

I intended to wait until the end of the season until I revisited the subject but after watching this latest debacle I feel it''s time to ask those that criticized my observation what they think now....? & Instead of coming out with usual condescending ''I know better than you, pant wetter'' comments try & actually justify why this excuse for a manager is still at our club, I really believe the only hope we have of getting out of this mess is to get rid the entire coaching set up & HOPING!! that the ''new man effect'' lifts the gloom enough to inspire one good performance, because it''s clear that the players are now totally flat & unless something changes to give them fresh impudence next week, we may suffer some crushing defeats in the notorious final 4 games & slip out of the premiership with a whimper.[/quote]

Yep funny old game, what''s been posted is a matter of record. You did rather eff & jeff a lot with most of the real abuse coming from your goodself but amongst it all you did say you thought we''d have been better off with a direct style.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2988380/ShowPost.aspx#2988380

[/quote]

Nutty Nigel I find much of what you post interesting & respect many opinions, regarding the above you''re correct to a point but you are exaggerating a little, (effin & jeffin) I did use the f word once but I felt fully justified, if you read the whole thread "mr chops" told me to never post an opinion again, I found that bloody rude, I''m to old & wise to be bullied by anyone so I make no apologies for that, in fact he & a few of his ''followers'' offer very little in the way of constructive argument, mainly silly comments aimed at belittling fellow supporters & increasing there post count,

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Pulis is a master at outwitting the finest coaches in the Prem.[/quote]Kicking seventeen shades of $hit out of the opposition all game, then scoring 10 mins before the end from a corner where your 7ft tall striker falls over and accidentally overhead kicks the ball into the net is NOT outwitting the opposition...[quote]Unbelievably Stoke wanted him out.[/quote]Because most fans won''t pay £30-£50 per game to watch utter dross (even if you get a result here and there) for very long, eventually you want to see your team playing football like others in the league with a style that is far more pleasing on the eye and technically strong.[quote]Unbelievably those not so happy Hammers want Allardyce out.[/quote]Same point as above.[quote]In both cases I would advise them to be careful what they wish for.[/quote]Why is it so wrong to want to watch your team play entertaining football (especially when you''ve paid a lot of money to do so), instead of grinding out the odd 1-0 result through incredibly negative play and looking to score from a set piece???[/quote]

Grinding out 1-0 is just what we are trying to do now!! So what''s the difference ? It''s not wrong to want stylish football, unfortunately it''s never going to happen on a regular basis at smaller clubs like ours, we simply cannot compete with bigger clubs, it''s a case of what do we want, some have inflated opinions of our stature, others want premier league status at all costs then others would prefer more stylish approach regardless of which division we''re in

It wasn''t meant as a criticism. I too won''t be bullied on here. But I try and remain in good humour. As I said a few times this weekend what we all post on here is a matter of record. Not all posters are not truthful when they try and revisit the past.