Sign in to follow this  
Indy

I'm astounded by the reaction of some on here!

Nope not going there again, you can go argue with someone else, I am too happy today..........have a nice day Nutty!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I seemingly keep having to say to the same people - fortunately what''s posted on here is a matter of record.

[/quote]Certainly is Nige. If you like I''ll trawl through the posts to find the ones where you''ve (and the other inners) have said, over the last few months, that CH was definitely here till the end of the season at the earliest, and we''d all better to get used to it.On second thoughts...no I''ve got a life.[/quote]

Well I think you should find it or admit you just made it up Reggie/Eric.

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Reggie, the atmosphere around the club has been sour and I believe it got to Hughton and the players and affected performance. I bet you couldn''t do your job effectively if you were constantly told you were $hit at it. And Facebook campaigns. And polls in the EDP. And planned demonstrations after matches. And Hughton Out banners at West Ham. It''s very easy for us all to sit here and post our forthright opinions - more easy for some than others. Much more difficult to actually run the club and manage the team.[/quote]

Utter tripe, the atmosphere has not been sour and the last 6 home games until this weeknd have resulted in no defeats, the crowd has been good and was on Saturday unitl it was clear that we had set up with a negative system, Hughton wanted to not lose that game first and win if we could, it back fired as normal and the atmosphere changed at half time!

Were there ever any protests? was there ever a game when the crowd really turned on the players and Hughton? I remeber a lot of  games when
Hughton tactics were booed by some, but when you consider how little results changed with Hughton subs and tactics you can understand the frustration.

Don''t blame the fans for this, its down to Hughton & his staff, they didn''t get the performances nor the results and he had to go. Poor taste blaming the 26000 fans who have stauck by and seen this all before.

[/quote]

Sorry Fuzzar I read this in the wrong way, but still stay behind the fact that the atmosphere has not been sour at home, only maybe in patches and then on Staurday it certainly was at half time to the point where I left as I wasn''t enjoying the performance and the atmosphere.

Apologies for the wrong reaction.

[quote user="Indy"]

Nope not going there again, you can go argue with someone else, I am too happy today..........have a nice day Nutty!

[/quote]

Glad you''re happy Indy. I am too. It''s a great state of mind to have. Are you clapping as well[;)]

But I think maybe in future if you''re going to try and start a ruck you should make sure there''s something to back it up[;)]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I seemingly keep having to say to the same people - fortunately what''s posted on here is a matter of record.

[/quote]Certainly is Nige. If you like I''ll trawl through the posts to find the ones where you''ve (and the other inners) have said, over the last few months, that CH was definitely here till the end of the season at the earliest, and we''d all better to get used to it. [/quote]

I''ve said that Reggie - and was frankly astounded that he has been given the push at this late stage.  It defies logic really, but that first half performance  was abysmal.....Onwards and upwards.

Sacking him was nuts.  The one thing everyone agrees on is that Hughton could set-up and grind draws and wins out of the big teams.  We have four of those to play.

[quote user="Indy"]

It’s not personal it’s business choice / gamble worth £80 million +.

I can’t for the life of me see why everyone is so surprised and negative, it had to be done for the sake of the club.

[/quote]

This is indeed true and should have been obvious to everyone by the final whistle on Saturday.Having said that, Indy, I wonder why you gave this thread the title you did. City fans have a wide range of opinions on the management situation so it was inevitable that some would cheer and some would cry. Nobody should have been astounded by that reaction.Far too many people seem to invest an emotional attachment in managers and players which in my opinion is fatal if you want to draw sensible conclusions from events at CR. They will always let you down in the end, one way or another. The last time I got upset with a manager leaving was Archie McCauley back in the 1960''s.As individual fans we have no control over events. They simply unfold at their own pace, they can''t be forced. Saturdays chanting was a perfect example of this. The result caused a groudswell of feeling that had previously only been an undercurrent to suddenly erupt. We all heard it and we all must have known what was coming next.Invest your emotional attachment in the Club, not the players nor the manger. They come and they go, the Club is here forever.

"Sacking him was nuts.  The one thing everyone agrees on is that Hughton

could set-up and grind draws and wins out of the big teams.  We have

four of those to play"
Everybody agrees with that do they? Well I don''t, so must be everybody apart from me. Our results against the top six this season:

Norwich 2-2 EvertonNorwich 1-3 ChelseaNorwich 1-4 ArsenalNorwich 0-4 Man UtdNorwich 0-7 Man City Norwich 1-5 LiverpoolNorwich 0-1 Man UtdNorwich 0-2 EvertonNorwich 0-0 Man CityWhat wins?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 07/04/2014 11:52 AM:

Reggie Strayshun wrote:

nutty nigel wrote:

Certainly is Nige. If you like I''ll trawl through the posts to find the ones where you''ve (and the other inners) have said, over the last few months, that CH was definitely here till the end of the season at the earliest, and we''d all better to get used to it.

On second thoughts...no I''ve got a life.

Who is Eric?

[quote user="Brienne"].

Who is Eric?[/quote]That''s what I''d like to know, Bri.Some bloke that Nige appears to have dreamed up. Or the guy who sorted the floods in Somerset, perhaps ?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Sacking him was nuts.  The one thing everyone agrees on is that Hughton could set-up and grind draws and wins out of the big teams.  We have four of those to play"

Everybody agrees with that do they? Well I don''t, so must be everybody apart from me. Our results against the top six this season:

Norwich 2-2 Everton
Norwich 1-3 Chelsea
Norwich 1-4 Arsenal
Norwich 0-4 Man Utd
Norwich 0-7 Man City
Norwich 1-5 Liverpool
Norwich 0-1 Man Utd
Norwich 0-2 Everton
Norwich 0-0 Man City

What wins?

[/quote]

We beat Southampton 1-0 when they were sixth.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I''ve said that Reggie - and was frankly astounded that he has been given the push at this late stage.  It defies logic really, but that first half performance  was abysmal.....Onwards and upwards.

[/quote]You might have written some carp from time to time, Lakey, but you at least do the decent thing, unlike Morty, NN and a few others, and hold your hands up, as you have done here. Despite what you claim, I like to do similar!TBH, I''d kind of resigned myself that CH was going to be in situ till May 11th  myself, and, like you, last night''s developments gasted my flabber somewhat.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Certainly is Nige. If you like I''ll trawl through the posts to find the ones where you''ve (and the other inners) have said, over the last few months, that CH was definitely here till the end of the season at the earliest, and we''d all better to get used to it. [/quote]

[/quote]

I also hold my hands up as one who said he was going nowhere and would still be here next season.Should I grovel do you think? Or is that going too far?I am always of the opinion that the current board, manager and the players should have the full backing of the supporters and that backing is then transferred to the new personnel when changes are made. That is the way we progress as a club.

"We beat Southampton 1-0 when they were sixth"I''m 99% sure you are joking, 1% worried that you are counting the 3rd game of the season!

Unbelievable. How childish are some of you guys.People have different opinions, get over it. Having the last word doesn''t wont make you any more right. Walking away from an idiot is not backing down. Resorting to personal insults adds nothing to a debate and just shows up a your inability to argue a point.Please start behaving like adults or go and play at opposite ends of the play ground.Moo

Did I really just read people saying the atmopshere at Norwich hasn''t been sour?

Every subsitution has been boo''d, even when Hooper got taken off when injured that got boo''d, when taking of Hoolahan this weekend that got boo''d despite him being the worst player on the pitch.

Every halftime was getting boo''d unless we were winning and every fulltime got boo''d unless we won (bar Man City).

The fans that boo''d are pathetic and deserve relegation as they are as much to blame for the negative vibe around the club as Hughton is.

This thread is quite a read and not a great advert for us fans pulling together, quite a bit of stirring and baiting which is a shame as some good points made amongst it.

Anyway, regardless of what you thought regarding CH going or staying during the season, or how long he would stay after the season, surely everyone must have thought he was going to see the season out after the classic time windows to remove him had gone?

So, when it has now happened it would have been a shock to everyone..........or did somebody genuinely predict this after the Albion game?

Whatever, let''s now try and enjoy the rest of the season in unity..........   

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 07/04/2014 12:25 PM:

Brienne wrote:

. Well I think you should find it or admit you just made it up Reggie/Eric. Who is Eric?

That''s what I''d like to know, Bri.

Some bloke that Nige appears to have dreamed up. Or the guy who sorted the floods in Somerset, perhaps ?

I think the meaning of the name Eric is Eternal Ruler, its a very powerfull name Reggie so I suspect it is Nigel paying you an inverted compliment.

[quote user="ellis206"]

Did I really just read people saying the atmopshere at Norwich hasn''t been sour?

Every subsitution has been boo''d, even when Hooper got taken off when injured that got boo''d, when taking of Hoolahan this weekend that got boo''d despite him being the worst player on the pitch.

Every halftime was getting boo''d unless we were winning and every fulltime got boo''d unless we won (bar Man City).

The fans that boo''d are pathetic and deserve relegation as they are as much to blame for the negative vibe around the club as Hughton is.

[/quote]But it''s all about perspective and relativity, Ellis. The kind of things you refer to are commonplace at every club. Booing after a poor first half happens everywhere. Dammit I remember it happening under Lambert! Also subs people did not agree with. Heard that at places like OT, the Etihad and Arsenal.But what I and others are referring to is Chanting, Hughton Out banners, Demo''s outside the ground, Calls for the board to go, Booing individuals, Missiles etc. And I maintain that, prior to Saturday there has been NONE of that.  OK our home form has been reasonable, but no the atmosphere at CR has not been sour at all.

[quote user="ellis206"]

[/quote]This is true but Hughton always got the result in these home games and had his luck held on Saturday he would still be here now. He managed to do just enough each time his head was on the line and despite some desperate away results he didn''t look like getting the push.It was obvious he would make it to Xmas and then with decent wins v Hull, Spurs, Sunderland he was looking odds on to go right through until May. Only something disastrous at home was going to de-rail him. We finally got it on Saturday.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Brienne"].

Who is Eric?[/quote]That''s what I''d like to know, Bri.Some bloke that Nige appears to have dreamed up. Or the guy who sorted the floods in Somerset, perhaps ?[/quote]

Like whatever else is posted on here Eric is a matter of record. A completely different persona. One who even joined PUPs[Y]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

So, when it has now happened it would have been a shock to everyone..........or did somebody genuinely predict this after the Albion game?

[/quote]This is what I posted at 7.15 Saturday evening Mark.

We have been walking a tightrope all season. I was

hoping we could keep our balance a little longer but it seriously looks

like we will fall off just before the end. Hughton has proved a master

at clinging on by his fingernails but you got the feeling that this

afternoon was a bit of a "Worthington" moment. Will he make it until the

last game? I don''t know but the odds have tilted against him today.

Perhaps this time he really will be "gone by Monday".
you didn''t need to be Nostrodamus to see that the wind had changed direction.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"We beat Southampton 1-0 when they were sixth"

I''m 99% sure you are joking, 1% worried that you are counting the 3rd game of the season!
[/quote]

Why do you get so upset when you''re wrong about something, it can''t be healthy.

[quote user="ricardo"]you didn''t need to be Nostrodamus to see that the wind had changed direction.[/quote]The only thing that surprised me was it didn''t happen Saturday evening.Up until the crowd turned on him I thought he was here until the end of the season.Anyway, that''s all in the past.  The best chance of saving ourselves is Saturday.  Can''t wait.

Ricardo, yes that''s as close as it gets. Agree the wind had clearly changed, but I still think the overwhelming majority still thought he would weather it...............but you are right it was a "Worthington" moment and one that made the board take the ultimate decision.