Sign in to follow this  
Indy

I'm astounded by the reaction of some on here!

[quote user="Brienne"]Its a shame that the Hughton supporters can not accept what has happened and get behind the new manager. Thankfully they are only a few.[/quote]

Have they said anything against the new manager?

We know you didnt want Adams Morty but you should be big enough to get behind him and stop your sniping, its pointless.

The next game is all that matters now, not your ego!

"You guys and your hypocrisy crack me up, you really do"I''m seeing hypocrisy coming from the other direction, particularly constantly being fed the "back the board" line, where we should have got behind and supported Hughton because that is what the board wanted.So now it seems that most of the fans are backing the clubs decision, which was what you always wanted wasn''t it? The big question now is whether you are backing the clubs decision, or whether the tables are turned and you now have an issue with what the board have done? I can sense a bit of bitterness and resentment from a few posters, yourself included.Time to all get behind the team and leave the politics until the last ball has been kicked.

[quote user="Brienne"]We know you didnt want Adams Morty but you should be big enough to get behind him and stop your sniping, its pointless.

The next game is all that matters now, not your ego![/quote]No I didn''t want him, but the choice was forced upon us?And where have I said that I won''t support him?Frankly all I see here is you stirring.

It seems like the  manager being sacked has gone to the heads of  the knob-end faction of the message board.   I''ve got news for them, but the situation hasn''t changed that much.   We have the chance to get points in all five matches remaining - and it is the players that have to get them.   People may feel a weight lifted off their shoulders, but I wonder if the players will feel the same.   They will want to do it for Hughton as much as anyone - as contrary to City 1st''s ramblings - Hughton is still a popular man amongst most of the players.   

The sense of togetherness as players is what the club needs and the sacking of Hughton should achieve a short term pulling together in the team - and add Adams positivity - and we might just have that boost we need.  I hope so.  I''ll be rooting for Adams and the team and hope that this move works. I just hope the told you so''s and the gobsh*tes disappear back up their backsides where they belong, once the fuss has died down a bit.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"You guys and your hypocrisy crack me up, you really do"I''m seeing hypocrisy coming from the other direction, particularly constantly being fed the "back the board" line, where we should have got behind and supported Hughton because that is what the board wanted.So now it seems that most of the fans are backing the clubs decision, which was what you always wanted wasn''t it? The big question now is whether you are backing the clubs decision, or whether the tables are turned and you now have an issue with what the board have done? I can sense a bit of bitterness and resentment from a few posters, yourself included.Time to all get behind the team and leave the politics until the last ball has been kicked. [/quote]Seriously are there two people who post on your account?A mere few hours ago you were spouting bile, and you''re now holier than thou?

Reply Quote

Faith in your new Adams apprentice, misplaced may be. As is your faith in the dark side of the Force.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]How quickly LDC dumps hapless hughton. Fickle or what![/quote]

I haven''t a clue what you are on about, except to say it is about NCFC, not Chris Hughton - and always has been.

Yesterday there was a thread where someone suggested that Morty and Lakey were either the same person or at least ''indistinguishable''.Well their above two postings, are positive proof that is not the case.Lakey is showing more than a modicum of common sense, and for once, I agree with most of what he''s said. He, like all of us has written some carp on here , but he seems to be on the money today.Contrast that with Morty''s embittered ramblings . He''s already running Adams down, and failing to show any positivity. In short, the usual mindless ranting.

Where am I running Adams down exactly?Lets be clear here, he is not our new manager, he is a Johnny on the spot caretaker until the end of the season.You really are an Olympic grade Bellsniff Reggie.

[quote user="lake district canary"]It seems like the  manager being sacked has gone to the heads of  the knob-end faction of the message board.  

[/quote]

I thought earlier on this thread you described everybody as true fans of the club so what the heck was this about Lakey ?

Isn''t it amazing that we seem to agree to stop pointing fingers at each other and look to the future .......... and what do we do?

Well said Indy.

Regarding unity, I''m sure everybody will get behind Adams - the next five games are too important not too.

But I find it ironic that those calling for it now have been the most vociferous (and prolific) posters on this board calling for change and contributing towards a poisonous and disharmonious atmosphere both on here and at matches.

This atmosphere has affected the players on the pitch, and their attitude to the club and its supporters.

You do not have authority to take the moral high ground now.

Morty really is a deplorable human being. Whilst others are putting old differences aside, he is acting like an overgrown child.

How about you grow up, unite behind the new regime and treat people with a bit of respect.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]No I didn''t want him, but the choice was forced upon us?

[/quote]Erm..there, Morty.[/quote]That isn''t doing him down, thats reality.No manager would have taken the job on for 5 games, so its patently obvious who the board would choose.Have I said I won''t get behind him?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]have been the most vociferous (and prolific) posters on this board calling for change and contributing towards a poisonous and disharmonious atmosphere both on here and at matches.

This atmosphere has affected the players on the pitch, and their attitude to the club and its supporters.

You do not have authority to take the moral high ground now.[/quote]Hang on Fuzzar. I think it''s been generally agreed that the atmosphere at matches has been remarkable by it''s lack of poison and negativity. Saturday, and the Snods/Snakepit Newcastle spat aside, there has been no bile, venom, chanting etc. Ricardo was saying only yesterday that he''d not detected any groundswell of crowd anti-Hughton opinion.I''ll agree that there have been some tasty altercations on here, and admit that I''ve played my part in them, but that''s a whole different thing. But to suggest that the whole story has been exacerbated by poison from people taking the moral highground is simply wrong.

Reggie, the atmosphere around the club has been sour and I believe it got to Hughton and the players and affected performance.

I bet you couldn''t do your job effectively if you were constantly told you were $hit at it. And Facebook campaigns. And polls in the EDP. And planned demonstrations after matches. And Hughton Out banners at West Ham.

It''s very easy for us all to sit here and post our forthright opinions - more easy for some than others. Much more difficult to actually run the club and manage the team.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Reggie, the atmosphere around the club has been sour and I believe it got to Hughton and the players and affected performance.

I bet you couldn''t do your job effectively if you were constantly told you were $hit at it. And Facebook campaigns. And polls in the EDP. And planned demonstrations after matches. And Hughton Out banners at West Ham.

It''s very easy for us all to sit here and post our forthright opinions - more easy for some than others. Much more difficult to actually run the club and manage the team.[/quote]Well OK, Fuzzy, that''s your take on it. There are many of us who think different. I repeat that at matches (and ultimately that''s what counts) the atmosphere has been remarkably supportive and positive. Please name me one CR game prior to Saturday where that''s not been the case.

[quote user="The Ghost of Becchio"]Morty really is a deplorable human being. Whilst others are putting old differences aside, he is acting like an overgrown child.

How about you grow up, unite behind the new regime and treat people with a bit of respect.[/quote]

I think I might bookmark that for the next time you throw out an insult to someone...........

As I seemingly keep having to say to the same people - fortunately what''s posted on here is a matter of record. So Indy, who are "the some" that you''re astounded by the reaction of.

But what cannot be argued is that we need to unite behind the team in the next 5 games just as we needed to in the last 5 games. And Wiz buddy, should we manage to get 3 points on Saturday they will count in the final total exactly the same as the 3 we got against West Ham[;)]

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Reggie, the atmosphere around the club has been sour and I believe it got to Hughton and the players and affected performance. I bet you couldn''t do your job effectively if you were constantly told you were $hit at it. And Facebook campaigns. And polls in the EDP. And planned demonstrations after matches. And Hughton Out banners at West Ham. It''s very easy for us all to sit here and post our forthright opinions - more easy for some than others. Much more difficult to actually run the club and manage the team.[/quote]

Utter tripe, the atmosphere has not been sour and the last 6 home games until this weeknd have resulted in no defeats, the crowd has been good and was on Saturday unitl it was clear that we had set up with a negative system, Hughton wanted to not lose that game first and win if we could, it back fired as normal and the atmosphere changed at half time!

Were there ever any protests? was there ever a game when the crowd really turned on the players and Hughton? I remeber a lot of  games when
Hughton tactics were booed by some, but when you consider how little results changed with Hughton subs and tactics you can understand the frustration.

Don''t blame the fans for this, its down to Hughton & his staff, they didn''t get the performances nor the results and he had to go. Poor taste blaming the 26000 fans who have stauck by and seen this all before.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I seemingly keep having to say to the same people - fortunately what''s posted on here is a matter of record. So Indy, who are "the some" that you''re astounded by the reaction of.

But what cannot be argued is that we need to unite behind the team in the next 5 games just as we needed to in the last 5 games. And Wiz buddy, should we manage to get 3 points on Saturday they will count in the final total exactly the same as the 3 we got against West Ham[;)]

[/quote]

Ar Nutty here to take umbridge with one of my points :-)

Well I have read some moronic & insulting positngs on some threads aimed at Hughton and for me that is not the reaction I would excpect from decent people. Regardless of what you think Hughton has achieved at this club, he has been a proud, good manager and did the best he could for our club. People should be big enough to accept he did his best and wish him well at his next post.

I hope that is OK with you?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]It seems like the  manager being sacked has gone to the heads of  the knob-end faction of the message board.  

[/quote]

I thought earlier on this thread you described everybody as true fans of the club so what the heck was this about Lakey ?

[/quote]

Oh, come on Til, its about the people who are going  "I told you so, I told you so" like little children, as if that is what matters.   The rest of us are just concerned for the well being of the club going forward, while they are glorifying in some imagined world where they think they have won something. 

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well I have read some moronic & insulting positngs on some threads aimed at Hughton and for me that is not the reaction I would excpect from decent people. Regardless of what you think Hughton has achieved at this club, he has been a proud, good manager and did the best he could for our club. People should be big enough to accept he did his best and wish him well at his next post.

[/quote]

No it''s not ok buddy[:O] I was having a nice little lay-in as you do[S] and then came on here to find a thread mentioning posters reaction that had astounded you and then mentioning me. The very least you can do is back this thread that you have been mobved to make by telling us who it is that has astounded you[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No it''s not ok buddy[:O] I was having a nice little lay-in as you do[S] and then came on here to find a thread mentioning posters reaction that had astounded you and then mentioning me. The very least you can do is back this thread that you have been mobved to make by telling us who it is that has astounded you[:^)]

[/quote]

I''m not going to troll through the threads again to point out the people who have had negatvie comments aimed at point scoring and Hughton insults Nutty. And to be honest matey I was trying to defend the three of you as I have upmost respect to the manner of which you three have been behind the club when others have been very critical.

But hey take it as you want my friend, I hope you have not got out the wrong side of the bed ;-)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

As I seemingly keep having to say to the same people - fortunately what''s posted on here is a matter of record.

[/quote]Certainly is Nige. If you like I''ll trawl through the posts to find the ones where you''ve (and the other inners) have said, over the last few months, that CH was definitely here till the end of the season at the earliest, and we''d all better to get used to it.On second thoughts...no I''ve got a life.

LDC

Oh, come on Til, its about the people who are going "I told you so, I told you so" like little children, as if that is what matters. The rest of us are just concerned for the well being of the club going forward, while they are glorifying in some imagined world where they think they have won something.

No it seems to be soley about you LDC, why do you insist on having ago at fans of the club, you may not like whats happened but grow a pair and move on.