Sign in to follow this  
Indy

I'm astounded by the reaction of some on here!

It’s not personal it’s business choice / gamble worth £80 million +.

I do think that some on here really need to take a look at themselves, the Hughton outers have not forced the board into this, Hughton did, his win % this season I 25%, with 6 losses in a row away from home, 1 win in the last 6 games, the players looking tired, fed up and demoralised what the hell were the board going to do? What would you have done?

Morty, Nutty & LDC have always said that they support the club and stick by the board choices, well now the board have appointed Adams, it has been done and no one can say if this was the right thing or the wrong thing as don’t have a parallel universe to see if Hughton staying would have kept us up.

Some on here have very poor taste and Hughton hasn’t done that bad to deserve the comments on here, in fact some people should hang their head in shame at the stuff posted, as far as I am concerned Hughton should be thanked and wished well for his future.

Last point, Adams was the only logical choice given the timing, he knows the players and the staff, he knows the club and has passion in his belly, I don’t think an outside manager could seriously change things in 6 days and prepare for the Fulham game, which is the key to our survival.

Let’s get behind the man who played over 200 games for us, has won the top division in 87” and has a positive mentality.

Time is now to unite, the board have acted if a little out of time, but this is the only chance of generating a good atmosphere for the last 5 games, uniting the fans and maybe with a bit of luck we might just nick the points needed to send Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff  down.

I can’t for the life of me see why everyone is so surprised and negative, it had to be done for the sake of the club.

A win against Fulham and we are pretty much safe.I think its fair to say Hughton''s tactics had little chance of getting that win.Adams is a risk but then so was sticking with Hughton for 5 games.Ultimately if we are relegated or not it will be a fresh start and that is needed regardless of where we are next season.And whatever happens we will all be supporting the team come August whther that game is against Chelsea or 1p5hite.

I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.[/quote]And still you make stats up and whine on and on.Do us all a favour and stop bleating.

Spot on, flabbergasted by some of the comments. Fulham is the only game of the last 5 where we can realistically expect to get 3 points. We would not get 3 points under Hughton so we needed something to change. I don''t think the players were behind Hughton despite what they said publicly but Neil is highly respected at the club and I''m hoping, as are the board, that he can get something from that 1 game.

3 points against Fulham and all of a sudden, we are looking safe and can play our last 4 games with some freedom with the pressure off.

RVW to score winning goal against Fulham, that would be special.

After Saturdays crowd reaction the decision was a no brainer. You can''t have the manager suffering that level of abuse during games without it affecting the entire team. I think the Board wanted to stick with him but the chanting forced their hand and there really was no alternative but to pull the plug.Right or wrong we have to move on and at least we will be united for the final 5 games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.[/quote]And still you make stats up and whine on and on.Do us all a favour and stop bleating.[/quote]Precisely what bit of the part you''ve highlighted is ''made up'' Morty ?Glad to see you are getting into the spirit of unity. Not.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.[/quote]And still you make stats up and whine on and on.Do us all a favour and stop bleating.[/quote]Precisely what bit of the part you''ve highlighted is ''made up'' Morty ?Glad to see you are getting into the spirit of unity. Not.[/quote]Pathetic and whiney as ever. And so it goes on, Reggie whines, and when pulled about it, whines some more.We''re all bored of it.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.[/quote]

You write some good points, but you often spoil it with a little bit of guff - this time, calling people who wanted out "true" fans. Different views maybe, but we are all "true" fans.   As for "petty personal insults from the inners" well I can tell you for nothing that this inner has put up with more petty insults over the Hughton issue - than anyone should have to when supporting their club.   But getting behind the team and Adams is the way forward. I hope it works for us.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.[/quote]And still you make stats up and whine on and on.Do us all a favour and stop bleating.[/quote]Precisely what bit of the part you''ve highlighted is ''made up'' Morty ?Glad to see you are getting into the spirit of unity. Not.[/quote]Pathetic and whiney as ever. And so it goes on, Reggie whines, and when pulled about it, whines some more.We''re all bored of it.[/quote]Pathetic response, MortyWho are "we all" ?Just get a life and grow up.

[quote user="lake district canary"] but you often spoil it with a little bit of guff -

[/quote]And I suppose you are completely blameless in that regard, eh, Lakey ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''ve had best part of 12 hours to take this news in and sleep on it. There has been a lot of carp on this board over the last few hours, and as Indy says, personal invective towards CH is beyond the pale. But we must not lose sight of the fact that the man has clearly not been up to the job, and thousands of us true fans have been pointing this out for months, in the face of some pretty personal insults from the ''inners''.

This decision  whether it works or not, is a bold one by the board, and they should not be castigated. We were going down under CH anyway, and though this appears a last desperate  throw of the dice, they were left with little option. It just goes to prove how silly are those who''ve said that they never listen to the fans and calling for the manager''s remval has little effect.

But Indy is also spot on when he says that we should all get behind Neil Adams and the players. Not that we have much choice. This Fulham game was always going to be huge, whoever was in charge.
[/quote]

And still you make stats up and whine on and on.

Do us all a favour and stop bleating.
[/quote]

Precisely what bit of the part you''ve highlighted is ''made up'' Morty ?

Glad to see you are getting into the spirit of unity. Not.
[/quote]

Pathetic and whiney as ever. And so it goes on, Reggie whines, and when pulled about it, whines some more.

We''re all bored of it.
[/quote]

Pathetic response, Morty

Who are "we all" ?

Just get a life and grow up.
[/quote]

Come on guys, enough, this chapter is done, we have anew chapter starting, let''s not get bogged down with who was rigth and wrong.

It''s about the greater good of the club not point scoring. LDC, Morty, Nutty snd such like are well respected on here and I for one have nothing but praise for their positive backing of the club and Hughton during his time, it''s to be commended as support goes.

Those who wanted change for a long time will never now if they were right or wrong, if Hughton stayed he might have got a win at Fulham and moved us on next year, we will never know!

The board have decided this and we are supporters, as Ricardo says it was the right thing for all after Sarturday and I do feel Hughton tried his best but never quite fitted our club and related to us the fans.

We move on in a new manner supporting the best club in the world and the pride of anglia!

(Binner, before anyone else says it! :-)  )

Time to pipe down and stop the politics and bickering now.Your man has gone Lakey, now support the boards decision and focus on the football and the team.Everybody is in the same boat now..... what happens over the next 5 games has a huge impact on the health of the club, the standard of the squad, and the calibre of manager that we have next season.Stay up and we can have our pick of managers, go down and we basically get Malky Mackay at best.So whether you wanted Hughton in, or Hughton out, he has gone now and it is all about who we want in the summer..... which will depend on what division we are in.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Now is not the time to be pointing fingers at each other.

It is a new start, let''s all treat it as such.[/quote]Once Reggie stops whining on about how he has been so horribly wronged by all the nasty inners, we can all move on[Y]

Maybe everybody should start by uniting against Reggie and LDC then, if we want the bickering to stop?

[quote user="Le Juge"]Maybe everybody should start by uniting against Reggie and LDC then, if we want the bickering to stop?[/quote]Are you either :-1. Scizophrenic2. Have a very, very selective memory3. The sort who drinks a lot and forgets what he types?Seriously, have a look at yourself before you start turning Lone Ranger and cleaning up this town.

It is apparent that Morty and LDC are still heavily emotionally invested in the Hughton In vs Hughton Out debate.That debate is over, time to worry about the future of our football club.Real Norwich fans will be thinking and talking about Fulham away and the four fixtures which follow, not thinking about petty point scoring and pointless past arguments about something which is now officially a historic subject.Arguing about Hughton now, what is the point? Shall we argue about Bruce Rioch and Mike Walker?Everybody needs to let go and unite against Neil Adams, and then resume arguments when the last ball is kicked this season.

Its a shame that the Hughton supporters can not accept what has happened and get behind the new manager. Thankfully they are only a few.

[quote user="Le Juge"]It is apparent that Morty and LDC are still heavily emotionally invested in the Hughton In vs Hughton Out debate.That debate is over, time to worry about the future of our football club.Real Norwich fans will be thinking and talking about Fulham away and the four fixtures which follow, not thinking about petty point scoring and pointless past arguments about something which is now officially a historic subject.Arguing about Hughton now, what is the point? Shall we argue about Bruce Rioch and Mike Walker?Everybody needs to let go and unite against Neil Adams, and then resume arguments when the last ball is kicked this season. [/quote]Agreed, LJ, and the point I made earlier and in the ''Never a Norwich man'' thread. There will be time enough for a post-mortem after 5pm on May 11.Hughton is gone; Get over it, and anything less that 100% support and positivity from everyone is unacceptable

[quote user="Brienne"]Its a shame that the Hughton supporters can not accept what has happened and get behind the new manager. Thankfully they are only a few.[/quote]

Huzzah!

Hapless has gone. we have a figure we are all uniting behind. Things are at last turning for the better. LDC and his kind know the errors of their ways. Lets all move on and get behind the team for the final games.

Either NA is an inspired choice or another Gunny moment. Time will tell but i think it will be the former.