Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

Our board should've followed Swansea's example..

.. (when we were looking for Lambert''s replacement) In that when they lose/sack a manager, they try to replace them with someone who plays the same way as Martinez did, to continue a legacy.

We''re famed for trying to play good attacking football, on the ground and not in the air, and Lambert gave us that. Perhaps we should''ve found another young, hungry manager who played his teams in the same way, instead of playing the safest looking card (ie, most experienced we could get) in Hughton.

I hope Adams brings back the football we like to see, and believe we should be playing. Perhaps he can continue the tradition and be successful with it?

[quote user="MancCanary"].. (when we were looking for Lambert''s replacement) In that when they lose/sack a manager, they try to replace them with someone who plays the same way as Martinez did, to continue a legacy.

We''re famed for trying to play good attacking football, on the ground and not in the air, and Lambert gave us that. Perhaps we should''ve found another young, hungry manager who played his teams in the same way, instead of playing the safest looking card (ie, most experienced we could get) in Hughton.

I hope Adams brings back the football we like to see, and believe we should be playing. Perhaps he can continue the tradition and be successful with it?[/quote]

On the other hand, the "experienced manager" route worked well for Hull and Palace, didn''t it?

Yes it has worked well for Palace and Pullis this season - I''m not saying it hasn''t. Please note I only said "perhaps we should''ve.." as I am just offering up a thought rather than trying to say I''m right.

I just mean Swansea have a clear aim and a philosophy from the board downwards about the way they play and the managers have to fit into that.

It''s just a different way of doing things, and you could argue that it''s not going well for them this season - but what Norwich fan isn''t secretly envious of their players and the way they play the game? I can be honest and say I wish it was our philosophy to play in a similar way, much like our successful teams did in the quite-distant and not-so-distant past.