Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

if Adams keeps us up, he should not be given the job...

not just as it will be Gunn part 2 but we need experience.

someone used to working with internationals and big money signings as well as experience of top level management.

the next appointment MUST be right for the club...

Totally agree with you on this one. Whilst if we go down people will say "Adams didn''t have enough time", likewise if we stay up, that''s not enough time to make an informed decision. It could be disastrous to appoint him in the event he does keep us up.

To be fair I''d fully expect Tottenham, Swansea, and us to replace all our managers with bigger names, even just for the sake of experience and player recruitment. I''m sure Adams is wise enough to know if he does keep us up, stepping back after the season ends will see him immortalised forever in glory.

It won''t be another Gunny situation, Adams will know the score and know what he is there to do. If he does keep us up it would be great if he could be rewarded wish an assistant manager post, but most new managers will come as a team.

He''s doing a great job with the Academy, will be a strange relationship with Ricky if he has to go back to that again though.

for god''s sake !he''s not even sat in the far ken chair and some herbert is bleatin'' about what he shouldn''t do next season let''s cross that bridge when we come to it and in the meantime let''s get behind himwe''ve our PL place to fight for

Tend to agree but Dave stringer came from managing youth team. A 4th and 5th place finish and 2 fa cup semi finals not a bad record considering chase sold anyone good!

It would be very hard to justify getting rid of him if he gets 6 points or more from our remaining fixtures.For me, if he keeps up up & the team plays for him then he would deserve a longer stint.

Completely disagree with the OP! If Adams gets us playing reasonably well in the last 5 games, and has some sort of plan for the future of NCFC, then he could be just the progressive, loyal manager we have been looking for. gives the club identity again with chance of everyone going in same direction. it is a massive few months for NCFC but I honestly think Adams could be the man.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Are there Prem rules about Coaching qualifications, or have I dreamt that up? If so, does Adams have those?[/quote]quick google shows he is A holder of the UEFA ''A'' Coaching Licence. - so yes, he is qualified.but you are right, there are coaching certification requirements

"To be fair I''d fully expect Tottenham, Swansea, and us to replace all our managers with bigger names"Garry Monk has been groomed as a future Swansea manager for years so not so sure about that one. They have a unique footballing philosophy that was starting to be destroyed by Laudrup who was turning them into a more conventional team, his dismissal and Monk''s appointment signaled a desire to return to that foundation.

"quick google shows he is A holder of the UEFA ''A'' Coaching Licence. - so yes, he is qualified."You need a UEFA Pro License to be a Premier League manager.So he isn''t qualified to be given the job permanently unless we can convince the FA to make an exception.You don''t need a UEFA Pro License to be a caretaker.

[quote user="City1st"]for god''s sake !

he''s not even sat in the far ken chair and some herbert is bleatin'' about what he shouldn''t do next season

let''s cross that bridge when we come to it and in the meantime let''s get behind him

we''ve our PL place to fight for

[/quote]

Huzzah! [:(]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Are there Prem rules about Coaching qualifications, or have I dreamt that up? If so, does Adams have those?[/quote]

Yes and with bells on.

Adams has been appointed to unite the club...

something tells me he hasn''t even been considered as a full time appointment.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Adams has been appointed to unite the club...

something tells me he hasn''t even been considered as a full time appointment.

[/quote]

You''re not too bright, are you? If that "something" is telling you that then, if you had listened, you could have avoided starting a silly thread.