Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

whilst we are at it what about bassong ?

I really didn''t like the put down of RVW at Swansea, that''s not what captains do. RVW had a perfectly valid criticism of our performance and gameplan and Bassong just told him to shut up.....

Yea shut up Ricky, I''m a defender, it''s none of my concern what happens further up the pitch! lets just carry on lazily going through the motions and concentrate on getting a move in the summer...

Trouble is I can''t see anyone in the squad apart from Martin to be captain material but

Trouble is I can''t see anyone in the squad apart from Martin to be captain material but

Howson. But I can''t see changes to captain being made, why start by pissing some of the players off.

im spartacus wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 11:12 PM:

actually idiot was probably a bit strong but he is a useless captain, give it snoddy or ruddy

Ruddy I wouldn''t mind, although it is not preferable for a goalkeeper to have the job, but Snoddy? That would make his already big ego massive.

I feel he has been a major part of the problem this season and I would not be surprised if he was not playing Saturday.

I sincerely hope Adams does not continue with inverted wingers!

[quote user="Vanwalt"]Trouble is I can''t see anyone in the squad apart from Martin to be captain material but

Howson. But I can''t see changes to captain being made, why start by pissing some of the players off.[/quote]
This is so true. Taking the arm band away now would likely cause division between at least Bass and Adams. I would however drop Bassong for the Fulham game and put Turner in therefore giving the armband to the player in the starting line up with the most ability to lead the team through that 90 minutes. Whoever that is, only Adams will know!

I think some of the dissent between the players has been down to Hughton''s tacticsBassong was not a hUghton man and may well have railed at RVW who short on appearances may well have stuck rigidly to Hughtons dictatsAll too often this could be seen on the pitch with players caught between playing the game as their ''instincts'' told them and sticking to the rather dire instructionsLook at Howson''s goal away at Man City and ask yourself if you have seen him on any other City player run at the opposition since. Compare that goal to how he was yesterday. Only once have I watched the game close enough to hear Hughton and he was trying to micro manage the game the whole way through, something you could see frustrated him when players chose to play it as they saw fit.I suspect much of the on field squabbling between players and with the fans may stop - a massive cloud of gloom has been lifted.

Give Ruddy the captaincy with a guarantee that if we stay up he''ll be captain next season as well.

Keeping Ruddy will be paramount and if we can give him the opportunity and the desire to lead, it''s more likely he''ll stay rather than heading off somewhere else (Southampton for example)

Bassong was our best player last season. We need that Bassong back. Whilst I agree he has been a poor captain, I think removing him as Captain mid-season would upset a lot of players and would be humiliating for Bassong. If we can somehow get the Bassong of old back, our chances would be much the greater. Fresh start for all the players, including him. Stripping him of the captaincy would be very wrong IMO and bound to undermine the plan of sweeping positive change. If necessary change the captain for the next season, but dont humiliate him in front of his team-mates. We need everyone pulling together and moving forward now. Perhaps the old Bassong will emerge from the ashes of this seasons shadowy figure, even though he was loyal to Hughton

the last thing adams should do is give someone else the captaincy. Surely it would just immediately create friction between the players. The last thing he needs to sort out is who is captaincy

[quote user="im spartacus"]actually idiot was probably a bit strong but he is a useless captain, give it snoddy or ruddy[/quote]I think Ruddy would be a good choice, as well as Howson.

Bassong so was Hughton''s man knew each other from Newcastle. Need a new captain because he should be dropped Turner despite criticism on here was our most reliable CB. Its Yobo now.

"Bassong was not a hUghton man and may well have railed at RVW who short

on appearances may well have stuck rigidly to Hughtons dictats"
I think you may have this completely wrong. If I had to guess names of players gutted today Bassong will be one of them, and players relieved / excited by today would probably include RVW.Bassong left Spurs to join us because Hughton his former manager was here, and he in turn got made captain and one of the first names on the teamsheet even when playing badly. RVW on the other hand is clearly very frustrated by our tactics or lack of ability in the final third.

His appointment was surely a mistake, although I am sure that he tried. Now is the moment to appoint someone with drive and commitment.

City 1st, there was a recent Bassong interview where I seem to remember that Bassong said something like Chris Hughton has been like a father to him and they are close.....

Anyway, is now the time to start threads attacking individual players? I ask, because I thought the management change might, just might give us a run of positive threads without some feeling the need to attack the very players they are hoping will keep us up.........