Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Carlton Morris

Whenever I''ve seen this guy play, which admittedly isn''t that much but a few times at least, he has looked like a real man and ready for senior football. Last year in the FA Youth Cup win I''d have had him down as the player who was ready (above Loza and the Murphy''s).Is strange how Loza and both of the Murphy''s have got first team football this season (two on loan one here) but Morris seems to be the forgotten man.With our strikers struggling for confidence, anybody think there is potential for a young player like Morris, or Loza if we have a recall clause, to come in and have a go? Sure we can all remember the impact that a young Chris Martin had up front alongside Huckerby in our great escape under Roeder.Sure this is going to be shot down as an idea, but Adams doesn''t exactly have a wealth of options when it comes to freshening things up a bit other than hoping that Pilkington, Becchio and Garrido are fit and motivated.I''m sure that Adams will be looking to change things in some way, but there isn''t exactly a big pool of talent waiting in the wings, is too late for Fox.

It would be a huge risk to play youngsters in a match as huge as the Fulham match. I agree with you that he is a fantastic prospect but he''s not ready for what''s coming next Saturday yet.

Le Juge,

Interesting post, my take on it is that Loza is more likely to be able to step up, a completely different style of forward, more in the DeFoe mode, but has a real eye for goal.

Loza didn''t play in the Youth Cup final, he was too old and in fact Morris stil qualifies for the U18s, so whilst a lad with ability, talent and bulk (meant in the best possible way) he hasn''t come up against too many hairy **sed centre backs yet, whereas Loza has.

My thinking on Carlton Morris was that if it came down to it we could just stick Morris and Becchio on the pitch, ditch inverted wingers, and just pumped balls into the box Wimbledon / Pulis style.It is a tactic which Lambert wasn''t afraid to pull out of the bag for an ugly equaliser with Holt and Morrison up top and Fox and Pilkington just whipping balls into the front or near post.That was what Lambert offered up as a plan B.

still a bit lightweight get him a lge 2 loan next year. murphy is a mile ahead

Lightweight? Has always looked bloody massive to me and looked to have learnt from the Holt school of knowing when to hold the ball up and when to draw a foul and take a tumble.Maybe Loza then. Just thinking of ideas. In terms of changing things Adams has Becchio, Garrido, Whittaker, Fox, Pilkington, Turner (I think he is fit?), R Bennett, plus kids.Unfortunately that leaves us pretty limited in attack & midfield in terms of freshening things up. Pilkington is the big one, if he can get him motivated could be a huge player to come in if he can get himself up for a fight.

I know someone who used to play with him. Apparently has quite a selfish ( on the ball ) streak. Although what teenage striker doesn''t ?

This is the thing Nexus, he might be physically ready but is he mentally ready?

I have no doubt that Adams will look at some of ''his'' players from last year, similar to Sherwood in a way?

Morris may make the bench but I don''t expect to see him start in many.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I know someone who used to play with him. Apparently has quite a selfish ( on the ball ) streak. Although what teenage striker doesn''t ?[/quote]

Good, we need our strikers to be that. As long as he gets stuck in, I hope he is a bit selfish.

If we go down, I can see it being a big year for some of our young players, Morris included.

If we stay up, I think he''d be best served coming on preseason with us then having a loan out to somewhere in the football league.

Must admit, i don''t really rate him as a goal threat from what little i''ve seen - but i''ve done some work for one of the fathers of the youth team, and he told me they''re in complete adoration for him, reckon''s he''s the real deal.
Just can''t see it myself, unless he''s destined to have a Heskey-like career being the worker for a goal scorer.

I understand why some would want to bring in a couple of youngsters, BUT personally I am very opposed to it for the task ahead and would be shocked if other than Murphy on the bench Adams considers this.

I am hoping that the bounce from having a new man in charge and the collective shock of the manager getting the sack will stir enough up in our multi million pound strikers for them to show their value at last.  

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I know someone who used to play with him. Apparently has quite a selfish ( on the ball ) streak. Although what teenage striker doesn''t ?[/quote]

Good, we need our strikers to be that. As long as he gets stuck in, I hope he is a bit selfish.

If we go down, I can see it being a big year for some of our young players, Morris included.

If we stay up, I think he''d be best served coming on preseason with us then having a loan out to somewhere in the football league.[/quote]True, but if I see Robert Snodgrass shot from a retarded angle when he has as fifa players would call it a "sweaty goal" a simple 5 yard toe poke away one more time this season, im going to drop my trousers to half mast an run onto the pitch to throw my season ticket at him. :-PWill be my homage to that other pair of retards who did it to Gunny

[quote user="Le Juge"]Lightweight? Has always looked bloody massive to me and looked to have learnt from the Holt school of knowing when to hold the ball up and when to draw a foul and take a tumble.Maybe Loza then. Just thinking of ideas. In terms of changing things Adams has Becchio, Garrido, Whittaker, Fox, Pilkington, Turner (I think he is fit?), R Bennett, plus kids.Unfortunately that leaves us pretty limited in attack & midfield in terms of freshening things up. Pilkington is the big one, if he can get him motivated could be a huge player to come in if he can get himself up for a fight.

[/quote]

Don''t get too excited about Fox - if you cast your mind back to the cup defeat at Fulham earlier this year his really weak defending cost us a goal.

"This is madness and becoming very disillusional"What is delusional? A club daring to give a young player a chance? Southampton have done alright with a few 18 year olds, as have Liverpool. I accept that Fulham wouldn''t be the right game.

"Is that the plan b you hope to see implemented?"It will be nice to have a manager who has a plan B.There is nothing wrong with playing ugly to grind out results, look at where we are in the table FFS.Whilst you are at it look where Stoke are, they have resorted to Pulis tactics frequently this season. Look where West Ham are after Carroll''s return playing Allardyce football. Look where Crystal Palace are.All of those teams make partial use of route one, as did Lambert at times in all three divisions.If we need to play ugly and pump balls into the box to get something out of a game then so be it..... Lambert would have done it. Football purists may hate it.... but are you suggesting we try and out pass Liverpool and Arsenal? Or should we do it the Hughton way and put all men behind the ball and leave Elmander up front on his own, trying and failing to shut out a team full of world class players? A direct physical approach to those games, particularly the away fixtures, may well be a good idea.... yes. What is your idea?

Should the worse happen and we go down this will give us the perfect opportunity to bring the youngsters on. As we will not have the funds despite being solvent to buy expensive imports.

Actually think Morris ain''t great at all.

Loza would be a good shout in the championship.

Just because Adams is in charge doesn''t mean his kids are automatically gonna become prem stars overnight.

Redmond and hughton springs to mind both championship quality

I think we are at least one season away with many of the FA Youth cup squad, but it is certainly looking good.And (if there weren''t any other reasons !) why we need to stay up, so as to have the money to continue with the excellent youth set up