Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Hughton gone. Adams in.

I would imagine its been on done on the basis of hoping for a case of ''new manager syndrome'' to get us the 4 points required to survive.

It''s pretty clear Hughton had lost both the players and the fans, amongst other things. We would not have got the points with him in charge. Whether Adams is the correct man, I don''t think it matters. We just have to hope for a positive bounce!

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.

[/quote]

I think we would have all been happier if this had been done with time to save the season, but we were all accused of pant wetting for complaining.

BRILLIANT NEWS !!!

There may only be a small light at the end of the tunnel, but at least there is light !!

Time to rally round now - a time for all those rejected / dejected players to show what they can do when the shackles are off!!!! 

Honestly believe we can do this now, time for the players to get the finger out now and start getting some points starting with fulham

[quote user="lake district canary"]That''s relegation nailed on.  Board has lost its nerve.   Hope you are all happy with that.

[/quote]

Eat my shorts......

[quote user="ricardo"]Sorry LDC but its the right and only decision after what happened Saturday.
[/quote]#

So the theory of Dead Cat bounce plays the Bogey team scenario Ricardo? I don''t think I can watch anymore...

[/quote]

Shut up you muppet!! Absolute brilliant news. Now we can go and end the Fulham jinx. Come on Neil show what we can do with a proper Norwich man in charge. Someone that believes in us.

Thanks god the misery is finally over.

A decision that smacks of utter desperation. What is Adams going to do? What coaching team does he have, what experience does he have.

I desperately hope not but I think this ends all chance we had.

Not sure if this is the right decision, Neil Adams with no first team manager experience.

I''m glad hughton is gone but should have been months ago, would have given him the Fulham game as you are expecting someone to turn it around and flip it on its head in one week for what looks like a make or break game.

What a Fu*k up by the board this season has been. Should have sacked him months and months ago, christmas at the latest. The board tryed to show they were different from other clubs in this league by sticking with their man and backing him through thick and thin, after the Sunderland game i assumed Hughton would be hear to the end of the season regardless of results then he would be gone but to sack him now smacks of real desperation. Supporters of other clubs must be laughing.

Agree with that Nutty. A rolling of the dice is exactly what it is.

It''s sh*t or bust time, if this influences the result of just the Fulham game then it''ll pay off.

Massive ask of Adams though, good luck Neyul!

After the response at full time yesterday, the board really didn''t have a choice. It''s all well and good talking about a ''silent majority'' but when a good section of fans are actively chanting for the managers head and pelting him with missiles at the end of the game, it''s pretty clear that the relationship has broken down beyond all repair.

[/quote]

FFS Lakey get over yourself. There was no way back after events yesterday on and off the pitch.

Jesus , some people are never satisfied. put it this way at the moment under Hughton the players heads have gone and we are going down without a whimper so at least by getting in someone we MAY just gee them up and instill a little self belief either way what the hell did we have to lose ?

Couldn''t be happier. Sorry for Hughton in a way but in reality, it had to be because he, and his coaching staff, were taking the club down.A weight has been lifted & I think Adams is the right choice for now.Just a shame that it''s taken so long to come to the only logical decision.Good luck Neil, 3 points on Saturday would be a good start.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]A decision that smacks of utter desperation. [/quote]Well in case you hadn''t noticed, we are in a desperate situation. It has to be the right decision because it''s the only decision that gives us half a chance.

Regardless of what any one says i believe with every fibre of my being Hughton would have failed to keep us up, the attitude of the players (taken out of the context that we''ve become far too accustomed to) was unequivocally defeatist. They had inexcusably resigned themselves to defeat, that much was abundantly clear. The situation was in desperate need of some sort of catalyst to rectify it and instil some passion in the side. Adam''s will be aggressive in his chance to save a club he is so closely affiliated with, and will for better or worse be a marked difference to the passivity of Hughton''s regime. In that alone i find it easier to reconcile myself with the current state of the club, even if it doesn''t save us... At least we''ll go down with someone fighting for the badge.

The change to the management team should have been made months ago.

That ''away'' performance on Saturday, finally, made the supporters and board act.

We would have lost on Saturday with the existing management team. Now, at least, we have a chance.

With the former management team taking us to the brink of relegation last season after months of uninspiring football and a play for the draw mentality, had they acted last Summer, Lambert''s golden legacy may have still been in tact.