Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Who is going to be Neil Adams assistant?

[quote user="Bill Car"]I''ve heard Peter Mendham wants a stab at it.[/quote]I genuinely laughed out loud at that, well played[:D]

The decision clearly belongs to Adams, but he may give an indication soon.

He may, however, decide to consult all in the club with experience, including Robson, senior players and even former players still around or willing. The advantage of someone already in the Club is obvious - he will have seen many matches, even spoken to first team players. He will have seen training, and above all he will have observed Hughton, and have a good idea why he failed.

He has to move quickly, once he has decided how best to approach the Fulham game, to restore confidence, perhaps promote one or two well outside the squad and relegate one or two to the bench. Will he change the captain?

He has an unenviable task - to revive a poor squad to play at their very best, and give them a more positive, attacking method. He has only one game, his first, to solve our problem, as everyone accepts that the last four games will not produce very much in points.

We are rooting for you, Neil, and we know your commitment to the club will be obvious to the players. Good Luck!

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]We have at least three ex-managers on the coaching staff, I would not be surprised to see Robson and Nevin in the dugout.[/quote]But there''s nobody with much experience beyond reserve coaching or lower league management. I was thinking more of someone who''s coached or managed in the top division who''d be willing to help out for these five games.

[quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]We have at least three ex-managers on the coaching staff, I would not be surprised to see Robson and Nevin in the dugout.[/quote]But there''s nobody with much experience beyond reserve coaching or lower league management. I was thinking more of someone who''s coached or managed in the top division who''d be willing to help out for these five games.[/quote]Neil Warnock?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]We have at least three ex-managers on the coaching staff, I would not be surprised to see Robson and Nevin in the dugout.[/quote]
But there''s nobody with much experience beyond reserve coaching or lower league management. I was thinking more of someone who''s coached or managed in the top division who''d be willing to help out for these five games.
[/quote]

Neil Warnock?
[/quote]

Ian Dowie, he''s done short term assistant work with a man who likes to take penalties before.

Vanwalt wrote the following post at 06/04/2014 10:12 PM:

I started series one about three weeks ago and now am nearly at the end of series four. Loving every minute of it, I think I am enjoying series four the most, but that may partly because of the way the characters have unfolded and developed.

--------------------------------------

I won''t spoil it for you, but your in for a good ride in the 5th series, great character development, my favourite show i reckon.

It''s great, was pretty good at 2am this morning as well, double celebration.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="JonnyH"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]We have at least three ex-managers on the coaching staff, I would not be surprised to see Robson and Nevin in the dugout.[/quote]But there''s nobody with much experience beyond reserve coaching or lower league management. I was thinking more of someone who''s coached or managed in the top division who''d be willing to help out for these five games.[/quote]Neil Warnock?[/quote]It would probably have to be someone who wouldn''t want the limelight, maybe someone retired or semi-retired eg Dave Stringer. I don''t think there''s many ex-Norwich people who could fulfill the role.

So neither a temporary or permanent appointment. Well ducked by McNally.

But reading between the lines he keeps the job if we stay up!

So who''s looking after the youth team, as no-one has been announced we can only assume that Neil is still doing it and this has all been an exercise in cost cutting. Next we''ll find out that the assistants have been forced to change their names to Charlie Chitty and Peter Tailspin to save money on training gear.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="Bill Car"]I''ve heard Peter Mendham wants a stab at it.[/quote]

I''d rather have someone with more interest than ''wanting a stab at it''.

[/quote]

whoosh - a mention to peters criminal conviction perhaps? 

If not Peter Mendham then maybe Chris Martin - he''s got to in with a fighting chance?

Actually I have heard that Luis Suarez is keen for the job -if you offered it to him I bet he''d bite your arm off.