Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Should Gary Holt have been brought on?

Should Gary Holt have been brought on?

I personally thought it was a negative choice. Why bring on a defensive midfielder and invite them to come at us? It seemed to me they scored as soon as he came on!

Your thoughts please?

Absolutely agree. When he came on I thought i hope we done concede a goal.  And what happened? 

All I can assume is that Bentley took some sort of knock. With 3 minutes to do tho I would rather have played with 10 men!

I don''t see what is wrong with attempting to protect a lead since in our previous game we didn''t do that and paid the price. By inevitably Gary will get grief since there is a correlation between him coming on and us letting a goal in! also what about Jonson? should he have been brought on too?

Worthy was trying to shore up the back - look what happened at Palace. Getting on a defensive player would seem obvious to most after losing a two goal lead in our last game

We have to try and maintain a lead...........God knows we have hardly had one all season, so I think he should have come on, also it wastes a bit of time.

Worthy cant win can he?  Against Palace he is criticised for NOT changing the team when two up and now he tries to do just that and gets abuse!

To be fair Bentley was having an off day and with only a few minutes to go I can understand the mans thinking.

HOWEVER - what was Gary Holt doing once he got onto the pitch?    G P Holt - the shadowchaser?  He came on and ran playing tag, chasing from one toon player with the ball to another only to realise that the ball had gone past him as he got to the last players who had the ball.  He kept no shape or discipline and his headlong running left gaps that Newcastle exploited to get thier equaliser.  He reminds   Holt showed why he is out of his depth; compare and contrast Safri who READ the game and used positional sense to snuff out problems.  But as my daughters says, whatever!  The dream lives on.

Bring on the valiants!

OTBC

The foul on Bentley just before he was subbed happened in front of where I was sitting. He was knackered. I think that''s the reason behind the subbing. Hucks was injured and ill and, to MJ''s credit, they seemed to spend a lot less time going down our left wing in the 2nd half.

Anyway, we won!

Before Holt came on, I said to a friend "I hope he doesn''t bring Holt on", and he replied "Yeah, that''d be the kiss of death." So Holt comes on, and he says again "The kiss of death". Then Newcastle score. "Told you - the kiss of death". Holt should not have been on the bench, let alone the pitch. Get rid.

[quote]Before Holt came on, I said to a friend "I hope he doesn''t bring Holt on", and he replied "Yeah, that''d be the kiss of death." So Holt comes on, and he says again "The kiss of death". Then Newcastle s...[/quote]

I just hope that you and your friend were not some of the mindless ones that thought it would be a good idea to boo him as he came on....that really fills a player with confidence,whatever people think he has or has not done in the past,whether you think he is a battler or a headless chicken his commitment is unquestionable and deserves better than booing by mindless *****,rant over

alex, shame you''re not in football management! There''s me thinking the other players might have a big part in influencing the outcome of the game? For a minute I thought Holt had scored an own goal. Give the guy a break.

[quote]Before Holt came on, I said to a friend "I hope he doesn''t bring Holt on", and he replied "Yeah, that''d be the kiss of death." So Holt comes on, and he says again "The kiss of death". Then Newcastle s...[/quote]

alex_ncfc take the ncfc away because you are not a city fan.all you do is moan and complain just look at the bottom of your message.

Spot on, King of Latvia. (What''s it like being King of Latvia, by the way?). There seem to be so many people who just turn up at the ground to have a good moan. At least when there was terracing you could get away from them. Were you pleased when Newcastle scored, Alex?

Yes bentley was gettin tired we needed a runner well done worthy i say

[quote]Should Gary Holt have been brought on? I personally thought it was a negative choice. Why bring on a defensive midfielder and invite them to come at us? It seemed to me they scored as soon as he came...[/quote]

Who cares...WE WON!!!! Lets just enjoy the fun of winning instead of flooding it with the not so good. And anyway we did fine without Hucks. I think Deano was a betta signing! xxx

[quote]alex_ncfc take the ncfc away because you are not a city fan.all you do is moan and complain just look at the bottom of your message.[/quote]

Oooh how the tide turns hey! Not so long ago, everyone was having a pop at Mr Holt for being in the team, and now all of a sudden he''s a legend! LOL! At least I can maintain the fact that I have been slagging him off in the past and will continue to do so (he''s not good enough for Norwich) whereas the people above who have said i''m not a ''real fan'' are probably very fickle and were also slagging him off just 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Let me tell you this, I am a true fan of my club, and a very critical fan at that, but a fan all the same, always have been, always will be, and i will not be made to explain to anyone how ''true'' or ''real'' I am to Norwich. I support my club, you don''t see me on here saying you''re not a real supporter. We all have opinions. Get over it.

Pathetic.

[quote]Oooh how the tide turns hey! Not so long ago, everyone was having a pop at Mr Holt for being in the team, and now all of a sudden he''s a legend ! LOL! At least I can maintain the fact that I have bee...[/quote]

Noboby ever sead that. It''s just that because of you moaning and complaining then it spoils the great feeling of winning. xxx

[quote]Oooh how the tide turns hey! Not so long ago, everyone was having a pop at Mr Holt for being in the team, and now all of a sudden he''s a legend ! LOL! At least I can maintain the fact that I have bee...[/quote]

I think it''s OK to have opinions about football but it seems you have a bit more malice too. You message at the bottom of your posts is puerile and not the sort of junk i would expect from a so called true fan. All these players give 100% when they play for Norwich and maybe you should have a little more respect for them. And no I wasn''t one of those people having a go at Holt over recent months. I have opinions about the quality of certain players, afterall that is one of the things that makes us take an interest in the game in the first place, but I am not so rude in voicing my opinions as you.

Go and support Chelsea and do us all a favour! well maybe that''s not a good idea for you since there will be less players to slag off.