Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Who sacked Hughton ?

I know none of this matters anymore, but I''m just curious...

Was it us ?...Did the fans reaction on Saturday force the board to take action. Maybe without such vocal protest he would still be here ?

Was it the players?...Did McNally seek private opinions from the players themselves ?

Was it other members of the board ?....How much influence do other board members have (Delia)..or do they let McNally have a free hand ?

it was the board who made the decisionthe fans have been against him for somewhile, mountains of letters etche was on his way out, but the turning point was the manner of the defeat and what caused itie there was no way back for Hughton

ps boards take very little notice of fans over such situations, they look at the bottom line

Perhaps we can add the Senior pro who went to the board to voice his concerns to this list?

Who I think might''ve been Martin.

[quote user="City1st"]it was the board who made the decisionthe fans have been against him for somewhile, mountains of letters etche was on his way out, but the turning point was the manner of the defeat and what caused itie there was no way back for Hughton

ps boards take very little notice of fans over such situations, they look at the bottom line[/quote]

Certainly the board would have been concerned about the financial position some years back but now that situation has been successfully addressed, I think it unfair and wrong to suggest that their decisions are motivated purely for monetary reasons.

Were that the case, the major shareholders (joint) would have sold out at the end of last season when Premier league status and all its associated income, was guaranteed. Their asset is now worth only a fraction of what it was then and unless a miracle escape is achieved, will soon be worth even less.

No, your bottom line theory doesn''t stack up for me.

[quote user="City1st"]very telling remarks (and body language from Martin)

click

[/quote]

Is he holding back a smile? Just.

Herman wrote the following post at 07/04/2014 8:44 PM:

City1st wrote:

very telling remarks (and body language from Martin)

click

Hardly devestated is he, I suspect there is a very strong sense of relief running through the whole squad.

In fairness to the players they have behaved very professionally and supported the manager where they could, perhaps if they had been a bit more vocal things would have been sorted earlier!

McNally said that they consulted all stakeholders - I presumed that this meant senior players.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="City1st"]very telling remarks (and body language from Martin)

click

[/quote]

[/quote]there is a theory that when someone is lying they scratch their noseMartin has to fold his arms to stop himselfas Herman says he is desperately trying not to smile, or even laugh it would seemI wonder what else he knows ?

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but Sky reported that CH was nearly sacked late last year - as has been leaked - but had the support of the major shareholders - i.e Smith and Jones.

Is this another case of the Stowmarket Two footballing naivety and bad business sense potentially costing the club dear??

My hunch is that Bowkett has wanted CH out on his arse for while, Delia and Jones too loyal, with McNally somewhere in the middle. All history now of course.

Anyone add any news to this?

Only that from a conversation Matt Juler had with Wynnie he had the impression Wynnie would have been glad to see the back of him last season.

But from what I have heard said McNally believed they had appointed the best in class football manager available. He is very proud that''s the case with all the managers at the football club. In fact one of them is the best in the PL.

RM stutters a bit and lacks detail when describing the former coaching team and a giveaway sign is that his forehead crinkles as he looks slightly alarmed. The smile and hand covering the mouth is probably him trying to mask his true feelings.I think the playing staff get briefed and coached on what to say on occassions by the PR department. It happened when Hughton was appointed and said that the club needed more coaches when Karsa and Culverhouse wanted to join Lambert at Villa. I doubt he would have said that off his own bat.