Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Sunderland, And Their Next Three Games

They are getting ready to kick off against Spurs. In my opinion this may be their best opportunity of getting something out of their next three games. I do not see them getting anything against Everton or Manchester City in the successive games so, if they lose today, I honestly think they are for the drop.

This then leaves us needing to beat Fulham and, if we do, Fulham would then need to get 8 points out of their last 4 games just to catch us and, at the moment, they have a much worse goal average. Of course, anything can happen in all remaining games but here is my take. If Sunderland lose today and we beat Fulham I think we are safe this season. Let''s see if the first hurdle is cleared this evening.  

The closer we get the more 35 points looks to being safe. We should have already been there comfortably but we aren''t and now it doesn''t look so easy.The only certainty is that 32 points won''t be enough.

Ricardo, you asked on another thread whether I saw the game on a stream. All Premiership games here are actually televised so I just put the Lazy Boy chair into full recline with my very large screen and all is wonderful. If need be, during the game, I can even make a washroom break during a stoppage for injury without missing a single minute. I realize it''s decadent but someone has to do it.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Ricardo, you asked on another thread whether I saw the game on a stream. All Premiership games here are actually televised so I just put the Lazy Boy chair into full recline with my very large screen and all is wonderful. If need be, during the game, I can even make a washroom break during a stoppage for injury without missing a single minute. I realize it''s decadent but someone has to do it.

[/quote]Lovely old job.[:D]And to think I have to walk down to ground in all weathers and struggle back against the gradient to give all you exiles the view from the terraces.[Y]But as you say, someone has to do it[;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

If need be, during the game, I can even make a washroom break during a stoppage for injury without missing a single minute.

[/quote]This is the bit I envy because it often ends up with me missing a goal.Not so much this season though.[:(]

Being where we are in the league gives a lot more interest to the end of season games, could do without it though!

had a bet both teams to score and a sunderland win at 10-1, this is one bet i wouldn''t mind losing.

Sunderland winning now, I hope Tottenham pull their fingers out.

I think Sunderland are capable of getting 10 points from their remaining games (including the one tonight). Which means that for us to be safe we need to get 4 points from ours and it all hinges, of course, on beating Fulham. If we can do that and nick a point from one of the big teams, we should be safe on 36.

2-1 Harry Kane!

Bloody hell, if he can score then NCFC winning at Craven Cottage must also be possible!! #BELIEVE

[quote user="flecky76"]0-1 Sunderland!

With Harry Kane up front, this had danger written all over it![/quote]

Funny That Kane just maded it 2-1

And let''s not forget, he was another striker signed by Hughton who couldn''t score, and didn''t look like scoring, while he was here