Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Russell Martin's mouth says one thing, his body language says another.

Now I am not an expert in body language, but from the little I have learned I believe that when someone covers their mouth whilst speaking, it is because they are not being 100% truthful.Here''s the BBC coverage of this afternoons press conference, it seems to indicate that Hughton had very much lost the dressing room and that the players are very keen on Neil Adam''s appointment as interim manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26924662

It''s never that simple mate.

It could mean he''s uncomfortable having to back up a decision by the board he disagrees with. Or that he''s got a cold sore...

His arms are kept across his body, which is the only real action that yells out to me, and that is that he isn''t comfortable being there. but there''s no telling why that is so. keeping all this in mind that I''ve only taken one body language communications class last year for my degree, so I am hardy an expert.

Hmm, interesting that his hand moves away from his mouth when the subject turns to the near future. I have to agree frisbee

I actually noticed his body language too and thought he looked uncomfortable with what he was saying. He also said the club wasn''t in crisis, which may support McNally''s assertion that we won''t go down but could also suggest he didn''t believe the sacking was necessary.. who knowz

Off course he was uncomfortable, who would want to stand in front of the cameras and be asked questions that they really do not want to answer?  Once you have finished the interview the world and its mother will study it and draw all sorts of conclusions about what you said, what you didn''t say,  what you "really" thought and even where your hands are.I cannot for one minute think that Russ wanted to be paraded in front of

the cameras as the players spokesman but once again he had the balls to

do so when others ducked out.

I''m not knocking Russell. Top player, obviously committed to City, a dressing room leader, I have nothing but respect for the lad.But if we were playing poker and he''d just bet the pot, I''d be raising all in if I had a made hand. I just don''t think, from watching that interview, Hootun and the 2 stooges were as widely respected in the dressing room as the players have maintained over the last 6 or so months. If this is the case then getting rid, and installing Adams could be the catalyst for us remaining in this division.Add to this the fact that Cardiff and Sunderland look pants. It means that there is probably just 1 relegation spot to worry about and if we get at least a point on Saturday we will be 5 to 8 points clear with 4 games to go. Meaning a win and a draw from those games an we are esentially safe as Fulham are one of the few teams whose goal difference is worse than ours.

[quote user="Molly Windley"]I cannot for one minute think that Russ wanted to be paraded in front of

the cameras as the players spokesman but once again he had the balls to

do so when others ducked out. [/quote]As club captain, he''d be setting a pretty poor example if he did duck out. Fair play to him for doing it, mind, but it is part and parcel of the role to be the players'' primary representative to the media. He''s a good strong character, I''m sure he won''t dwell on it and whatever his real feelings on the managerial situation he''ll be geeing the lads up in the dressing room on Saturday.

A few things I picked up on of interest were McNally''s answer to did he ask the players on their thoughts on Hughton, and that was very evident that he had (but clearly didn''t want to expand further on that), Russ''s reaction to had Hughton lost the dressing room? - ''Errrrrrrrrm....'', and also something I found interesting was something Adams said in that he would play a system that the players would be comfortable and happy with - clearly obvious he was aware that the players weren''t happy and comfortable with the tactics under Hughton.

This is like a caption competition!

It''s serious stuff for the players though. As John Ruddy pointed out to that guy in the Barclay it''s their livelihood. Should we be relegated their salaries are chopped quite considerably. You try telling your missus that one day when you get home from work...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This is like a caption competition!

It''s serious stuff for the players though. As John Ruddy pointed out to that guy in the Barclay it''s their livelihood. Should we be relegated their salaries are chopped quite considerably. You try telling your missus that one day when you get home from work...[/quote]

And ruddy is likely to stick around after relegation? I doubt it. He will be off to Chelsea for triple the money. No lose for the players!

So, because it fits in with your opinion, you''d rather assume the man is lying?

[quote user="Waveney Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]This is like a caption competition!

It''s serious stuff for the players though. As John Ruddy pointed out to that guy in the Barclay it''s their livelihood. Should we be relegated their salaries are chopped quite considerably. You try telling your missus that one day when you get home from work...[/quote]

And ruddy is likely to stick around after relegation? I doubt it. He will be off to Chelsea for triple the money. No lose for the players![/quote]

You reckon Waveney? Maybe Ruddy will go, who knows. But the majority of our players wouldn''t find a club to match their current contracts.

Russell Martin did his duty. He didn''t look very comfortable doing it, and neither would we. But what did we expect? He was bound to stonewall and that was his job and I admire him for the professionalism with which he did it. We can speculate all we like, but I doubt if we''ll ever really know the truth.

[quote user="canarybubbles"]Russell Martin did his duty. He didn''t look very comfortable doing it, and neither would we. But what did we expect? He was bound to stonewall and that was his job and I admire him for the professionalism with which he did it. We can speculate all we like, but I doubt if we''ll ever really know the truth.[/quote]People got what they wanted, Hughton is gone, why continue to rake over it?

Russell Martin is always the one pushed in front of the camera or to talk to Chris Goreham after a match. I like him and think he''d make a better captain than Bassong. He seems passionate and let hope he and the rest of the squad can show their passion on the pitch for the last 5 games.

I know someone who has seen Martin and he said there was unrest at the club. Of course, how true that is, is another matter!

Because of my job I have had to study body language. Basically I have been taught to read a situation, in that when someone or something is going to kick off we are taught to see it coming. 9/10 we can.All people are different and some can control thier body language or even manipulate it, that said everything said in the first few posts about Martins body language reads 100% true,Take it as gospel or ignore it, but id be willing to bet hes extremely uncomfortable being there but very relieved to be rid of Hoots and happy with the Adams appointment.